Sign in to follow this  
Blue Horseshoe

Firearm Ownership & Self Defense : Pregnant Woman With AR-15 Stops Armed Home Invasion

1 hour ago, BuckSwope said:

Guns don't kill people, but they make it easier and more efficient in most cases.  

A handful of pills, a knife, alcohol, a baseball bat, getting hit by a truck, sticking your finger in a socket and ratting on the Clinton's will do the trick as well. 

21 minutes ago, League Champion said:

A handful of pills, a knife, alcohol, a baseball bat, getting hit by a truck, sticking your finger in a socket and ratting on the Clinton's will do the trick as well. 

Personally, I’m not worried about someone coming into my mall and overdosing me with pills or over serving me alcohol to kill me.
Knife attack? Baseball bat? Those are all very up close, personal, and very physical acts that are not immediate necessarily every time. If someone’s going through something bad, maybe make them do the ones that are a little more difficult, and where the person has a chance.

4 hours ago, BuckSwope said:

Guns don't kill people, but they make it easier and more efficient in most cases.  

Ok. Let's outlaw cars then.  :doh:

1 hour ago, cyclone24 said:

Personally, I’m not worried about someone coming into my mall and overdosing me with pills or over serving me alcohol to kill me.
Knife attack? Baseball bat? Those are all very up close, personal, and very physical acts that are not immediate necessarily every time. If someone’s going through something bad, maybe make them do the ones that are a little more difficult, and where the person has a chance.

Diabetes? Outlaw fat food and sugar? It's been talked about in the form of no more big gulps or whatever they're called. :dunno:

2 hours ago, League Champion said:

Stop being stupid-   "easier and more efficent".    

7 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Ok. Let's outlaw cars then.  :doh:

:lol:  I know you guys aren't this stupid.  

Shotgun is best for home defense by far.  Any person trying to repeal the 2nd Amendment can go fock themselves.  With that said, you have to have some gun control, lines in sands....man.  

We're too blood vs crips to be logical about it though. 

1 hour ago, cyclone24 said:

This is phase 2 of all these gun debates after the back and forth examples, where the truly stupid on one side try to pretend people can and would kill each other in the same numbers with baseball bats and knives as they do with guns.   Phase 3 is when somebody tells them they should be able to defend themselves with a bat or pills in their home then followed by shouts of 2A! and they knew that's what the flaming libs really want - taking their guns.   

Rinse.  Repeat. 

25 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

:lol:  I know you guys aren't this stupid.  

Sure. Blaming objects because of what people do with them is being "smart". :doh:

Just kill people who murder other people. 

1 hour ago, seafoam1 said:

Sure. Blaming objects because of what people do with them is being "smart". :doh:

Just kill people who murder other people. 

Saying using a gun is easier than using a bat to kill people is in no way blaming a gun for people killing others.  I guess you guys are this dumb.  :lol:

4 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

Shotgun is best for home defense by far.  Any person trying to repeal the 2nd Amendment can go fock themselves.  With that said, you have to have some gun control, lines in sands....man.  

We're too blood vs crips to be logical about it though. 

Such a crip thing to say. 

Have no idea what im saying. Lol

7 hours ago, BuckSwope said:

Saying using a gun is easier than using a bat to kill people is in no way blaming a gun for people killing others.  I guess you guys are this dumb.  :lol:

So you you are pro gun ownership then. Got it. Me too.

So you you are pro gun ownership then. Got it. Me too.

Yes, I am for people having the right to own guns in the home.   I am not for CC/OC currently, I would like it to be much harder for the crazys to get them, and I would never own them.    You won't catch me asking for a ban or telling others they shouldn't be able to hunt or defend their home with them (again, unless they are the crazy people above).  

I would love to see these people that you guys think are out there who literally believe a gun is to blame for people doing violent things.  

12 hours ago, BuckSwope said:

This is phase 2 of all these gun debates after the back and forth examples, where the truly stupid on one side try to pretend people can and would kill each other in the same numbers with baseball bats and knives as they do with guns.   Phase 3 is when somebody tells them they should be able to defend themselves with a bat or pills in their home then followed by shouts of 2A! and they knew that's what the flaming libs really want - taking their guns.   

Rinse.  Repeat. 

Years ago some Geek (can’t remember who) posted a link to a story about a mass knifing in I think China and his point was “See? Even without guns there will be mass attacks!” And then reading the article there were like 10 people stabbed and one fatality. 

Just now, MDC said:

Years ago some Geek (can’t remember who) posted a link to a story about a mass knifing in I think China and his point was “See? Even without guns there will be mass attacks!” And then reading the article there were like 10 people stabbed and one fatality. 

Exactly.  I kept getting SC's dumb knife attacks examples from London as well on fbgs.  Similar tone of - see, deaths still happen!  It's so stupid and makes me start to want to take guns from those idiots too.  

Like I said above- it usually leads to the snarky comment that they should be able to defend their house with a knife or poison, followed by cries of 2A! and "I knew you were just for gun bans all along"!.  

18 hours ago, cyclone24 said:

yeah, I’m OK if you have one at your house. I’ve said that yet Blue Horse Shoe keeps trotting out these stories of people defending their homes which I said is perfectly OK. 

I just think pulling those few and far between stories out as a reason to have guns somehow justifies the thousands that are killed every year with guns much less the legal gun owners that snap that they like to act like it doesn’t happen. 

they don’t mind keeping guns out of bad peoples hands, but they just want certain bad people not to have them. My point is I’m more worried about the suburban gun owner that I am the gang banger.

In my area and surrounding towns there has probably been like 5 gun deaths in the last 20 years.  And out of those a couple were guys from Buffalo that were down here selling drugs.  Im not that worried about suburban dad.  

We have drunk tanks(bars) on every corner in America.  As you and your family are driving within drunk people.  You are more likely to get hit by a drunk driver than you are getting shot (if you live in a halfway decent area).   Lets ban bars.  

1 hour ago, listen2me 23 said:

In my area and surrounding towns there has probably been like 5 gun deaths in the last 20 years.  And out of those a couple were guys from Buffalo that were down here selling drugs.  Im not that worried about suburban dad.  

We have drunk tanks(bars) on every corner in America.  As you and your family are driving within drunk people.  You are more likely to get hit by a drunk driver than you are getting shot (if you live in a halfway decent area).   Lets ban bars.  

Classic whataboutism to deflect. 

And it’s not even true. There’s usually around 10k heck ill give you 11k drunk driving deaths per year….i’ll let you guess how many times more gun deaths there are. It’s enough to say it’s not even close to the same.

2 hours ago, cyclone24 said:

Classic whataboutism to deflect. 

And it’s not even true. There’s usually around 10k heck ill give you 11k drunk driving deaths per year….i’ll let you guess how many times more gun deaths there are. It’s enough to say it’s not even close to the same.

Screw drunk driving. Cars kill people. They need to be banned.

A total of 42,939 people died in motor vehicle crashes in 2021

Screw drunk driving. Cars kill people. They need to be banned.

A total of 42,939 people died in motor vehicle crashes in 2021

My God these arguments are tired. Again, I said this countless times a vehicle is used for transportation. You have to miss use it to kill someone. A gun when it’s used is doing exactly what it was designed to do by the Chinese hundreds of years ago and that was to kill, other living things, namely, humans. 
and let’s save our breath on the well yeehaw I use it to go shoot clay pigeons, and that kind of nonsensical bullshiit. 

• Thanks 1

Wait, guns don't kill people but cars kill people?  :lol:  

I guess there was Christine.   Did KITT ever kill anybody? 

6 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Weird that you didn’t post any stories where a CC shot the wrong person trying to play hero. 
and let’s just go down that road. Let’s say everyone in the restaurant had a concealed carry and decided to play hero. Again explain to me how more bullets create less death.

6 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Weird that you didn’t post any stories where a CC shot the wrong person trying to play hero
and let’s just go down that road. Let’s say everyone in the restaurant had a concealed carry and decided to play hero. Again explain to me how more bullets create less death.

Why can't you be happy that the scum bag criminal is dead? Should we feel for the criminal now? 

24 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Why can't you be happy that the scum bag criminal is dead? Should we feel for the criminal now? 

No, I just can’t understand how as a society we think this is a win. How if we had countless citizens just deciding when they feel like playing hero and hoping they don’t kill a bunch of other people in the process. 
like how far gone are we that private citizens whipping out guns is our solution to our gun problem?

On 4/29/2023 at 6:13 PM, cyclone24 said:

You guys want a parade bc a handful of stories on protecting ones home? Woo hoo! It’s what it’s SOPPOSED to be for. 

He's Facing Life in Prison for Owning Firearms Without a License

.....A New York City man is facing a mound of criminal charges and a sentence that would amount to life in prison after he shot and killed a man who, according to surveillance footage, was attempting to mug him.  The kicker: The government appears to agree with the defendant, Charles Foehner, on at least one major point: that the shooting was justified.  Indeed, prosecutors have not attempted to indict Foehner, 65, on any homicide-related charge. The counts he's facing—there were reportedly more than two dozen of them at his arraignment—are related to criminal possession of various weapons, after police searched his apartment and found that only some of his firearms are licensed with the state

In other words, he is staring down decades behind bars for having guns that didn't have the proper stamp of approval from bureaucrats, despite the government conceding that the practical use of his weapon—in service of protecting his life—was defensible.

At around 2 a.m. on June 1, video shows Foehner walking backward slowly up a driveway as Cody Gonzalez, 32, assailed him outside a parking garage in Queens. Foehner pulled out his gun, which did not deter Gonzalez from continuing to lunge toward him. After Foehner fired the fatal shots, Gonzalez can be seen briefly sprinting in the other direction before collapsing.

"The defendant was on the street with a loaded, unlicensed gun," said Judge Jerry Iannece of Queens Criminal Court in an early June hearing, during which he set bail at $50,000—double what the office of Queens District Attorney Melinda Katz sought. "There are too many shootings in this city! The court is quite concerned with what we see."

"You have New York City saying, 'Yes, this mugger with this lengthy history, he's not someone who is probably going to end up in prison for a long time, but the guy who defends himself against the mugger, who's otherwise a peaceable citizen, that's the guy who deserves life in prison,'" says Amy Swearer, a senior legal fellow who focuses on Second Amendment issues.... "It doesn't make any sense."

It is particularly nonsensical against the current political backdrop, where criminal justice reform has been touted as a paramount priority in left-leaning jurisdictions across the country. Katz, who brought the charges, has described herself as a "progressive prosecutor." Yet, it is difficult to look at her treatment of Foehner and see it as anything but a fulfillment of the worst stereotypes characterizing the "tough on crime" movement—in which an iron fist flattens people with spurious criminal charges, ruining their lives in the process....

But perhaps most fraught is that Foehner had fulfilled the licensing requirements for five of his firearms, meaning the state acknowledged and understood that he was an upstanding citizen. He had just neglected to do the same for the remainder of his weapons collection—almost certainly a result of the procedure being time- and cost-intensive. "The sole difference," adds Swearer, "is that he did not go through the other arbitrary and capricious and time-consuming and expensive process to get specifically a pistol license."

https://reason.com/2023/06/20/hes-facing-life-in-prison-for-owning-firearms-without-a-license/

You guys want a parade bc a handful of stories on protecting ones home? Woo hoo! It’s what it’s SOPPOSED to be for. 

Washington Gun Law President, William Kirk, discusses S929, a new Senate Bill in Albany which would restrict the amount of ammunition that a New Yorker could purchase, to no more than twice the capacity of your "assault weapon" over a 120 day period.  New York, a state still bitter from the beating it took this summer in New York Pistol & Rifle Assoc. v. Bruen, continues to amaze with its new, creative and always unconstitutional ways to disarm the state's lawful and responsible gun owners.  

I’m going to be honest with you, half of me, comes on this thread to chat about it, the other half just enjoys throwing chum in the water to watch Blue HorseShoe go digging for videos…🤣

You guys want a parade bc a handful of stories on protecting ones home?

Dramatic video shows deadly shootout in California smoke shop: "They're pretty brazen"

.....Authorities on Wednesday released dramatic video of a shootout at a Southern California smoke shop last month that killed a robber and wounded a security guard.....A second suspect has been captured and two other men are being sought for the armed robbery that occurred shortly before 7 p.m. on April 3 at the Smoke Shop in Compton, the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department said in a statement.....Video from a surveillance camera shows the security guard standing behind the counter when four men enter the store. One pulls a gun from his waistband and points it at the guard's face....

.....The guard starts to pull a handgun from a holster and the robber fires. The guard ducks and falls to the floor behind the counter as glass shatters while the robber backs up and trips over one of his accomplices. A second suspect also fires at the guard, video shows.....All four men then scramble to the front of the store and cower behind shelves, with at least three shooting at the guard before they manage to escape....The guard, who wore a protective vest, was treated at a hospital for gunshot wounds to his face and neck and was released, the Sheriff's Department said....

....A short time later, Justin Culberson, 18, turned up at a hospital with a gunshot wound to his abdomen and died later that night....Kamren Nettles, 18, was arrested the next day and has pleaded not guilty to attempted murder and to murder for the death of Culberson during the holdup. Authorities said they're still searching for suspects identified as Kahlel Malik Lundy, 23, and Keith Terrion Rachel, 21.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/video-deadly-shootout-smoke-shop-compton-california/

Weird why didn’t you post the video of the guy in Philly that mowed down a bunch of people? Or how about Fort Worth? Or I could probably list another four or five just from yesterday. 

But yeah, post something from easily a month ago from a security guard doing his job.

On 6/21/2023 at 2:16 PM, cyclone24 said:

No, I just can’t understand how as a society we think this is a win. How if we had countless citizens just deciding when they feel like playing hero and hoping they don’t kill a bunch of other people in the process. 
like how far gone are we that private citizens whipping out guns is our solution to our gun problem?

Home invasion suspect killed by woman protecting her children in Hammond, sheriff says

...... A man suspected of breaking into a home was shot and killed by a woman who was protecting her two children, according to the Tangipahoa Parish Sheriff’s Office.....Authorities say the shooting happened around 5 a.m. on Sun., Jan. 8 on Klein Road in Hammond.....Robert Rheams, 51, was wearing a ski mask and armed with a shovel and a lug wrench when he broke into the home of a woman and her two young children, detectives say......A physical altercation took place between Rheams and the homeowner which deputies say ended when the woman shot the alleged intruder.....Rheams was pronounced dead on the scene by the parish coroner.....

.....Detectives tied Rheams to an attempted carjacking hours prior one street over near the intersection of Old Baton Rouge Highway and Willow Villa Road.....Travis said the driver was battered and bruised from the attack and his stuck car was abandoned by the suspect.....Authorities say Rheams is also responsible for robbing a deli on Old Baton Rouge Highway one day before, around 8 p.m. Saturday night.....

https://www.fox8live.com/2023/01/09/home-invasion-suspect-killed-by-woman-protecting-her-children-hammond-sheriff-says/

On 7/7/2023 at 3:00 AM, Blue Horseshoe said:

Home invasion suspect killed by woman protecting her children in Hammond, sheriff says

...... A man suspected of breaking into a home was shot and killed by a woman who was protecting her two children, according to the Tangipahoa Parish Sheriff’s Office.....Authorities say the shooting happened around 5 a.m. on Sun., Jan. 8 on Klein Road in Hammond.....Robert Rheams, 51, was wearing a ski mask and armed with a shovel and a lug wrench when he broke into the home of a woman and her two young children, detectives say......A physical altercation took place between Rheams and the homeowner which deputies say ended when the woman shot the alleged intruder.....Rheams was pronounced dead on the scene by the parish coroner.....

.....Detectives tied Rheams to an attempted carjacking hours prior one street over near the intersection of Old Baton Rouge Highway and Willow Villa Road.....Travis said the driver was battered and bruised from the attack and his stuck car was abandoned by the suspect.....Authorities say Rheams is also responsible for robbing a deli on Old Baton Rouge Highway one day before, around 8 p.m. Saturday night.....

https://www.fox8live.com/2023/01/09/home-invasion-suspect-killed-by-woman-protecting-her-children-hammond-sheriff-says/

Your reading comprehension is awful. Said numerous times have a gun in your house, I dont care. Probably a better chance its used against you or kill a family member if used than some shootout but cool. 

why didnt you post Cleveland or the indiana mall? So weird.

And from January. Love that you are still scouring. How many legal gun owners have killed somebody in this time frame to this ONE guy? 1000? 1500?