Sign in to follow this  
Stryker Ryker

Fathers Day 2023

What are you fellas doing for fathers day this year? It’ll be my first one which is exciting. This year, we are all going over to my parents and bringing food instead of going out. Dad isn’t able to get out that much anymore. I plan on getting him one of those digital photo frames that holds like 20,000 photos. It’s nice cause you can add pictures through the app no matter where you are. So my brother and sisters can add them despite not being around. Hope you fellas end up having a good Father’s Day this weekend :cheers: 

All the men on my wife's side of the family go out for breakfast and then golfing every year.  When we are done the women pick us up and we go somewhere to grill out.  Usually home and asleep before 8pm.  It's a long day of drinking and laughs.

15 minutes ago, Stryker Ryker said:

What are you fellas doing for fathers day this year? 

Your mom.

I am going to grill my own steak and watch golf.  That's all I ask for.

My three kids are traveling from Dallas, Austin, and San Antonio to see me. Food and lots of embarrassing stories from me about when they were little. Lol. 

Some of you may have talked to my son. He chases down dead beats for Chase. 

• Like 1

Father finally was released from the hospital on 6/2.  I went in to help mom set up everything for his arrival.

We are going into the city to have dinner with them on Saturday. Got him a new BRD player and a fire stick, so i will be training :lol:

He wanted to do some chinese door dash, and i never turn down chinese food.  

Mrs, daughter and myself will do something here at home (or nearby) on Sunday... i haven't given it much thought yet.

Headed to Nashville, concert Saturday night. Fancy dinner Sunday night. Switching jobs and have 2 weeks off, made sense to get out of town for a few days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Stryker Ryker said:

What are you fellas doing for fathers day this year? It’ll be my first one which is exciting. 

Congrats!!!!   I'm sure you and your male partner are excited!  God bless surrogates! 😘

Seriously though your first Father's Day is a glorious event.

Now that my kids are out of the house (25 and 23) my Father's Day is a bit more subdued.  We've had a long standing tradition of going to the annual Washington State Brewer's Fest, but unfortunately they aren't doing it this year. :cry:

No clue what will happen this year.