Fumbleweed

**Round Seven-Ten Commentary**

Tough choice here. Just have a comfort level with Kirk as he and Lawrence really meshed well last season. Decided to bolster my WR group a bit further with the selection thus. 

27 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

Tough choice here. Just have a comfort level with Kirk as he and Lawrence really meshed well last season. Decided to bolster my WR group a bit further with the selection thus. 

This one stung a bit. 

I figure Javonte Williams will be ready and healed about the time that Dobbins gets injured again this year! This way I’ll have a RB2 solved.

I was hesistant to go TE here as my "list" was somewhat in conflict based on the remaining plan.  My model is dynamic and automatically updates based on my picks, and i did not like what it was doing. So....I made a call, and went straight to best available based on VBD for this one.  I like Pitts, not in love with him, but I think he likely is an order of magnitude better as a Value-based pick compared to a reverse scenario.....in short picking him here vs another player and then taking a TE later appeared to be less value according to my math

I was torn betwixed Pitts, and Goedert.  I liked the known of Hurts/Goedert over the unknown of Ridder/Pitts. Ray helped me in my selection.  I also sensed a run on the position was highly possible.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, remote controller said:

I was torn betwixed Pitts, and Goedert.  I liked the known of Hurts/Goedert over the unknown of Ridder/Pitts. Ray helped me in my selection.  I also sensed a run on the position was highly possible.

Mine was Goedert or Waller....you made it easy. 

It amazes me how important, positionally, the RB is to Fantasy football, yet how disposable they are in the real NFL.   It surprises me that any college athlete wants to be a running back in the current climate.   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, remote controller said:

My biggest fear in this draft is Cook becoming a LA Ram, replacing Akers.  They did just free up cap space with Kupp.

plus Akers is JAG

I think Pitts, Waller, and Goedert are all being overvalued. Couldn’t get comfortable with any of them despite all three being great picks per ADP.

5 minutes ago, remote controller said:

It amazes me how important, positionally, the RB is to Fantasy football, yet how disposable they are in the real NFL.

This is actually a big part of the reason. When I started playing, 25ish years ago, I used to go RB early for totally different reasons. Mostly because I trusted my ability to identify good or breakout WR's later and also not everyone had the same fantasypros cheat sheet so it was easier to influence runs on positions if you were one of the owners in the league who followed football like an insane person. 

There was a shift, as all owners started getting the same access to internet rankings and projections

But the last few years I think the NFL shift toward RBBC, fresh legs, cheap rookie contracts etc... making RB's so disposable... has directly led me back to wanting to come out of my first 2 picks with 1 "workhorse" back.... and usually 2 of my first 3 picks. 

(this mock is not my norm :lol:)

3 minutes ago, remote controller said:

???

just a guy. I don't think he is any kind of special talent

3 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

I think Pitts, Waller, and Goedert are all being overvalued. Couldn’t get comfortable with any of them despite all three being great picks per ADP.

Waller I am sort of high on just because of situation. Giants brought him in for a reason and he is immediately their top pass catcher. Depending on health he can challenge for a top 3 spot at TE. 

1 minute ago, WhiteWonder said:

Waller I am sort of high on just because of situation. Giants brought him in for a reason and he is immediately their top pass catcher. Depending on health he can challenge for a top 3 spot at TE. 

Barkley is the key to everything in NY.  Just how dug in is he??  Without him, I hate to think of their fate.

6 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

just a guy. I don't think he is any kind of special talent

As #3 Rb for me, and no immediate threat for touches, unless they grab Cooks, he might be just the guy for his role on my team.  :)

2 minutes ago, remote controller said:

As #3 Rb for me, and no immediate threat for touches, unless they grab Cooks, he might be just the guy for his role on my team.  :)

for sure. I wasn't knocking him for where you selected him. Just adding that I'm sure the Rams wouldn't hesitate to replace him even if it means paying up. 

• Thanks 1

Was hoping Pittman would fall a few more spots, but I'll take Burks. Who else is going to catch the ball in Tennessee?

7 minutes ago, Vikings4ever said:

Was hoping Pittman would fall a few more spots, but I'll take Burks. Who else is going to catch the ball in Tennessee?

Camp talk being just that, Camp Talk........It has been real good for Burks thus far.

Needed more security at the RB position and Robinson showed some promise last year.  I think he's a solid pick at this point in the draft.

It's nice having back to back picks but boy does it suck having to wait after.  It's hard to know when to pick my QB and I waited too long to get the one's I wanted.  I think Cousins is a serviceable QB though.  He's pretty consistent each year and has a great WR group.

The seventh saw the TE depth nearly wiped out. Let's see if Engram and the Jags can continue the momentum they built at the end of the year. 

5 minutes ago, Vikings4ever said:

The seventh saw the TE depth nearly wiped out. Let's see if Engram and the Jags can continue the momentum they built at the end of the year. 

My heart is always warm when I see I am at the start of any run  😄

13 minutes ago, remote controller said:

Toney and Lockett are nice for as late as you got them.  Toney could be that player that takes the big leap, and Lockett ...rock staedy.

I was a tad torn on Toney or Gabe Davis. Davis was very disappointing last year although this is non ppr. Hopkins could potentially hurt either guy so I went with the higher upside after going with the (hopefully) high floor Lockett. 

Last to take a QB.  I almost went for Dak instead of Goedert in 7.  I didn't see much difference in QB's 8 -12  I had them:

8. Lawrence

9. Dak

10,11,12.  Jones, Watson, Cousins in a dead heat with total points between 305 and 320.  

Watson is the wild card???....Cousins likely to have around 31 passing TD's....Jones completion % has went up every year and was 67% last year.  He also rushed for a career high of 700 yards.   I see them using evrything he's got left this season and him doing whatever is asked of him.

50 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

Crazy to see Evans fall that far…

Perhaps, he should have maybe gone a round earlier, had he been there he was my A target, and Brown was my B, expected one of them to be available.

Torn between two RBs @ 9.03. Chose the one with far less upside but likely a much higher floor. As I had predicted and hoped, the WR run between my pick at 7.03 and 8.10 allowed me to get a solid RB3 and a desired TE. Happy with where things stand. 

That wasn't very nice Fumble.

ICEMAN

Remote…hope you have a garage to put your car in

12 minutes ago, remote controller said:

It's looking like it might miss North.  My roof was totaled a few weeks back.  This is crazy.  Are you guys safe?

Yep. Weather will be well west of us.

Town Remote lives in took a direct hit from a tornado…

• Sad 1

51 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

Town Remote lives in took a direct hit from a tornado…

Have u heard to what extent there is damage, health of Remote?

21 minutes ago, robb said:

Have u heard to what extent there is damage, health of Remote?

There is damage. Don’t think anyone was hurt. 

Leaving to drop my truck off for a recall repair in about 15 min. Should be back by 9am Eastern.

Remote...glad your safe sir!