Sign in to follow this  
scottybo

Gabe Davis Fantasy Outlook

What's your thoughts on Gabe Davis fantasy outlook this year?  Things going for him:

• Contract year (looking to get paid)
  • Hurt ankle early last year and was never 100%
  • Hearing he has looked dominant in camp
  • On high powered offense

Would you want him as a WR3/WR4?  In a league where you start 3 WR

18 minutes ago, scottybo said:
  • Contract year (looking to get paid)
  • Hurt ankle early last year and was never 100%
  • Hearing he has looked dominant in camp
  • On high powered offense

Would you want him as a WR3/WR4?  In a league where you start 3 WR

I love his ADP. I expect high end WR3 numbers. He's healthy and on a contract year, Let's Go! 

I def think he is a value at his ADP and someone that I will have some ownership in. I think the one caveat is that he will likely be a bit boom or bust. If you can live with the volatility I'd press go. 

Edit: Best ball all day long. 

6 minutes ago, Swim54 said:

Edit: Best ball all day long.

Keep hearing "he'd be great in best ball" or "he'd be great in Underdog" .?. 

Can you explain that to us laymen. What's different about those formats? 

High powered offense? Maybe statistically but it’s basically just Josh Allen. Diggs get his but otherwise it’s Josh running the ball or Josh spreading it around.

I do like him a bit as a roll of the dice, but also remember how extraordinarily overhyped he was coming into last year. It’s possible the hype was just a year early though, versus being entirely misplaced :dunno:

Sure thing. Best ball (which is the underdog format) doesn't require you to set a lineup rather it just takes your highest scoring players for the week to "auto-fill" your lineup. So for example if your lineup requirements are: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE and a flex and you roster 6 WRs, 2 QBs, 2 TEs and 6 RBs, it take your top scoring QB, 2 top scoring RBs and so on for each week. So volatility is much easier to deal with and "spike weeks" or high scoring weeks from a player that might be on your bench in a normal league go straight into your lineup and likely result in a W for the week. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Swim54 said:

it just takes your highest scoring players for the week to "auto-fill" your lineup.

Now it finally makes sense. Thank you.

• Like 1

I'm in an auction keeper league where I can keep him for $4 out of my $100 budget.   I'm on the fence whether I should keep him.  Decision needs to be done by Midnight.  

My other keepers are

QB - Watson $3
RB - McCaffrey $33
RB - Dobbins - $5
WR - AJ Brown - $14
WR - Waddle - $12
WR - G Davis - $4

$70/$100 budget spent prior to auction.   Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3WR, 1 TE, 1K 1, DEF.    so would have $30 to fill to 10 spots including K and Def.  In the scheme of things, $4 isnt much but could limit draft options.

What are your thoughts?

36 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

High powered offense? Maybe statistically but it’s basically just Josh Allen. Diggs get his but otherwise it’s Josh running the ball or Josh spreading it around.

I do like him a bit as a roll of the dice, but also remember how extraordinarily overhyped he was coming into last year. It’s possible the hype was just a year early though, versus being entirely misplaced :dunno:

this actually happens a lot in fantasy. and not just football.

the Hype train comes.  and everything goes wrong.  next year no hype and the player performs like they were supposed to the year prior.

classic.

Just now, Ray_T said:

this actually happens a lot in fantasy. and not just football.

the Hype train comes.  and everything goes wrong.  next year no hype and the player performs like they were supposed to the year prior.

classic.

Yes, and i'm typically the person thats always a year ahead!   I kind of feel it could happen again with Davis.  

Only have 4 or 5 late Wrs I really like... Davis is one of them. Consistently drafting him round 9 in mocks. Just barely though - probably have to reach rd 8 to ensure I really draft him. Fantasy "expert" I listen to dove into all the metrics data... adot, yac, etc. along with team situational stuff. Convinced me Davis is fantasy gold.

Don't know what his worth is in auctions though. Wish my league did auction. Take some of the dumb luck and convert it to strategy.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, scottybo said:

$70/$100 budget spent prior to auction.   Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3WR, 1 TE, 1K 1, DEF.    so would have $30 to fill to 10 spots including K and Def.  In the scheme of things, $4 isnt much but could limit draft options.

What are your thoughts?

I'm definitely keeping Watson and Davis 

He has been wildly inconsistent. He SHOULD be dominant. He just ghosts you too often 

Wr 3-4 for 4 bucks.  I’m keeping    

1 minute ago, cmh6476 said:

Bills can't afford to match any offers, so he's gone. Probably do better without a Qb who runs every other play, designed or not. Happy Feet isn't a great recipe for deep target Wrs which take time to set up.

He provides limited help to an offense. 

Somebody is going to overpay him and I sure as heck hope it’s not my Patriots. He’s a JAG, imo. Perhaps on the higher end of JAGs, but not anyone you should be investing significant assets in 

I know him having his best game all year in Week 16 was the reason I got knocked out of the semifinals of one of my $ leagues.  Of course he returned to form the next week and did nothing, as I outscored both finalists by like 50.

I can't imagine Buffalo keeping Davis at big money but with Diggs hitting the 30+ wall, maybe so? Is Davis worth a big contract? I can certainly see Shakir being a strong #2 if Davis walks. 

Don’t see G Davis being with Buffalo next season.