Sign in to follow this  
BuschWack

Rookies: Mims vs Rice vs Reed.. who do you stash? PPR

Thoughts on how these 3 Rookies stack up against each other???

Marvin Mims come to Denver, hand selected by HC Payton.  With injury prone WR depth chart, Mims has a good shot at immediate impact.

Rashee Rice is on a high powered KC offense, albeit alpha pass catcher is Kelce.  Rice has been killing it in preseason catching 14 of 19 targets for 155 yards (including a nice 8-96 performance in Week 2).  Is this enough for Reid give him the snaps?

Jayden Reed joins a shallow GB WR depth chart, with Doubs being banged up.  At worst an immediate WR3.  Working in the slot could be a PPR darling for Love.

I like them the way you’ve listed them.  

Don't know much about the other two, but I hear great things about Rice.  He'd be my #1 from that list.

I voted Mims first because he’s already starting now that judge Jeudy isn’t playing.  

4 hours ago, Super Cubs said:

Mims, Rice, Reed in that order, but I'd rather have a Tank Dell

I'll keep an 👁️ on that one.  Maybe he and Stroud are becoming buddies.

Jonathan Mingo- Panthers

Jailn Hyatt- Giants

Josh Downs- Colts

Michael Wilson- Cardinals

Cedric Tillman- Browns

Puka Nacua- Rams

Trey Palmer- Buccaneers

Charlie Jones- Bengals

A.T. Perry- Saints

Tyler Scott- Bears

Derius Davis- Chargers

Xavier Hutchinson- Texans

Some other WR's to think about where they are ranked. I think, Hyatt should get a lot of targets and same with Downs. I also, think Trey Palmer might surprise people.

Palmer is worth a stash especially in return leagues. The guys that are in doing against the 1s are the guys to grab

Stars are aligning almost too perfectly for Mims.  Three guys ahead of him on the depth chart already out with injuries.  Last one standing is...Sutton...  

I wouldn't even call Mims a stash at this point.  I expect him to be productive from day 1.

2 hours ago, WR Guru said:

Stars are aligning almost too perfectly for Mims.  Three guys ahead of him on the depth chart already out with injuries.  Last one standing is...Sutton...  

I wouldn't even call Mims a stash at this point.  I expect him to be productive from day 1.

you might be right on this.   I'm gonna look at some scouting reports to verify what I suspect to be true

20 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

you might be right on this.   I'm gonna look at some scouting reports to verify what I suspect to be true

took a look.

now take a look at Tyler Locketts scouting report coming out of college.   the report isnt exactly the same but it reads pretty close.   Looks like Mims is a little faster.   Lockett was a little more finished in his route running coming out of college, but they look like they are basically the same player.

noting that Russell Wilson is his QB I would think Wilson would be able to direct him (help coach) in the same way he dealt with Locket.   the skillset looks to be largely the same.

the only question is whether he could burst onto the scene as quickly as Lockett did as a rookie.

Lockett was  a 500-600 yard WR for the first 3 years of his career (possibly 4) before breaking out.    So to that end I do not know that hes much more than a late round pickup in redraft.   but I do think he should be rostered.

Thor Nystrom writes for FantasyPros. Well respected in the industry for scouting reports of rookies out of college. Thor's take:

Marvin Mims broke the all-time Texas high school record for receiving yards and then posted a ridiculous 88.8 PFF grade as a true freshman at Oklahoma. He can win from anywhere in the alignment (45.5% slot, 53.8% outside in college), and he is a deep-ball assassin despite his size. Mims’ highlight reel of catches might be the best in this entire class. His body control is incredible, and his hands are ultra-reliable. The big question in his translation to the NFL: Can Mims consistently release clean off the line?

Dynasty outlook: I don’t believe Mims will be an NFL star. But it would be a surprise if he isn’t a long-time starter and a solid one at that.

Among NFL rookie Wr's, Thor ranks Rice 5th, Mims 6th, and Reed 12th. Though it's based on dynasty, rather than redraft. For what it's worth.

With Judge Jeudy out, and his injury seems pretty serious, I think adding Mims is a good move.  

Through Week 14 Rice and Reed neck and neck.  One ranks 30 and the other 32 in my league scoring.

Mims ranks like 80.  

Quite a surprise here from what I thought would happen earlier.

On 8/29/2023 at 5:41 AM, Super Cubs said:

Mims, Rice, Reed in that order, but I'd rather have a Tank Dell

You were right... Tank Dell has been a beast.  Ranked at #25 on IR.