Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

MNF Discussion: Bills at Jets - Week 1

5 minutes ago, nobody said:

After Collinsworth complained about the Chiefs lineman that was lining up to deep and getting a crazy jump on the snap.

First, does anyone notice how deep the RT is lining up for the Bills?

Second, can we start complaining about players going in motion and angling or moving toward the line of scrimmage at the snap which is illegal since that should be illegal motion?  Or will people only get riled up about that if the announcers ever complain about it?

It’s not that he was lining up deep.

It’s that he started backpedaling furiously before the snap EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nobody said:

I don't know about that, but it's not a good sign in my opinion they officially ruled him out this early.  They like to call people questionable unless the guys leg fell off in the lockerroom.

Something about the way Rodgers "left calf trembled" ... I guess that can be indicative of an Achilles.?. Don't know.

Just now, IGotWorms said:

It’s that he started backpedaling furiously before the snap EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

The lining up was part of it, and, yeah, the jump on the snap was also part of it.

To be fair though, it's the same thing as the delay of game.  The ref can't watch the ball and the player. 

I used to do the same thing in basketball on free throws .  I knew the ref couldn't watch me and the ball, so I'd go in a fraction of a second early.

2 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Lined up too deep. And backpedaled before the snap. And twitched pre-snap like a crackhead needing a fix.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, nobody said:

I missed that. :(

They very briefly cut to a fan who was quite unhappy with Zack Wilson’s renewed existence 

12 minutes ago, nobody said:

Khalil Sighting!!!  He came off the bench to congratulate Diggs after Diggs scored that TD.

I see you out there 10!

Poor Khalil can't even get on the field in four wide sets.  They're running with Knox, Kincaid, Diggs, and Davis.

I don't know if that's for the versatility without allowing the defense to substitute or if Shakir is just not good at football, because I think I see Khalil out there for the 2 minute offense.  

And sorry, I know this is way too much Khalil Shakir talk, but I was hoping he'd get more slot duty since that's been a productive fantasy role over the last two years.

I guess we're supposed to think Charles Schwab is in business because they care so much about us.  I mean, if they care so much maybe they can reduce their margin and return some of those fees.

• Haha 1

That was a weird third down play.  Seemed like some sort of draw since Allen had no intention of throwing, but then he tries to superman for an extra yard?

20 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Something about the way Rodgers "left calf trembled" ... I guess that can be indicative of an Achilles.?. Don't know.

Schefter was just saying that. Apparently x rays are negative though :dunno:

4 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

X-ray's aren't going to help diagnose an Achilles issue, which all the Twitter docs are suggesting it is.

Just now, Mike FF Today said:

X-ray's aren't going to help diagnose an Achilles issue, which all the Twitter docs are suggesting it is.

Ahh thanks

5 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Packers are sure hoping he'll be back soon.  Jets traded a conditional 1st round pick for Rodgers... which turns into a 2nd round pick if Rodgers doesn't play 65% of season.

Need 3.5 more from J Cook/Bass to survive the Mark Andrews/Tee Higgins double play. Try completing fewer passes to the Jets, Josh.

Josh Allen is the Jets' MVP. If I lose because Josh Allen couldn't stop turning it over long enough to get a single point from Bass or 10 yards from Cook, smh...

3 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Hell of a catch by Wilson! That was pretty cool.

Indeed

Note to Jets: You might want to consider covering Diggs.

Buffalo is a one man offense!

Wow that boring game became exciting in the end.

Love it when that happens.

I bet you the jets trade for Sam Darnold. The 9ers are bringing in backup qbs to look at.