Sign in to follow this  
Chickie

Changing of the Guard

Safe to say, that the Bears staff, doesn’t want Fields to run anymore? He’s been relegated to a pocket passer. With no offensive line, of course 

Well, it wasn’t all the o-lines fault today.  Fields held the ball way too long.  It’s like he has one option to throw to, and he waits for that player to be open.  Problem is he waited way to long and didn’t, wouldn’t, or couldn’t do any kind of target progression at all.

It’s probably because running QBs never really win anything in the long term.  Your QB must be able to make throws consistently for your team to go anywhere.  The Bears need to find out what they got here.  Fields ain’t it, no way. Sorry Bears fans. Come to think of it, when was the last time the Bears had a truly tier 1 QB? 

7 hours ago, RoadLizard said:

It’s probably because running QBs never really win anything in the long term.  Your QB must be able to make throws consistently for your team to go anywhere.  The Bears need to find out what they got here.  Fields ain’t it, no way. Sorry Bears fans. Come to think of it, when was the last time the Bears had a truly tier 1 QB? 

Yup, fields is like a JV version of Hurts or Mahomes

One of my favorite sports trivia questions.... only one NFL team has never had a Qb throw 4,000+ yds in a single season.?

Daaaaaa Bears, da Bears, da Bears, da Bears...  :banana:

14 hours ago, Da_Bears said:

Well, it wasn’t all the o-lines fault today.  Fields held the ball way too long.  It’s like he has one option to throw to, and he waits for that player to be open.  Problem is he waited way to long and didn’t, wouldn’t, or couldn’t do any kind of target progression at all.

This is correct. He also drops back way  out of the Olines protection area. Not that the oline deserves excuses.

3 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

One of my favorite sports trivia questions.... only one NFL team has never had a Qb throw 4,000+ yds in a single season.?

Daaaaaa Bears, da Bears, da Bears, da Bears...  :banana:

And nowadays, all a QB needs to do is average like 236 yards a game average to get there. Fields will probably get to like 3600 I bet.

2 hours ago, seafoam1 said:

And nowadays, all a QB needs to do is average like 236 yards a game average to get there. Fields will probably get to like 3600 I bet.

Once they switched to a 17-game season I was worried that trivia question would die a quick death... but thanks to Justin Fields it might live a few more years.