Sign in to follow this  
seafoam1

Ever have one of those FF seasons that just make you question why you do it?

Previously 2 weeks of losing having scored in the top 2 and top 3 of the 12 team league.

Now a week where my QB goes down early in the game, and an RB goes down early. Richardson and Conner. So I lose by a simple ~15 points against opponent and average.

Ok it happens to everyone at some point over the years of playing, but I had high hopes for this year as it took a couple years to put the team together. (Contract league)

Maybe it's just the mood I'm in this week but I'm now 4-6 and could easily have been 8-2 or even 7-3 would have been fine.

I guess this belongs in the FU thread but holy hell, I suppose it's just the bad fantasy football mood I'm in today. A wasted Breece Hall effort to top it off.  :wall:

At least I've had a very good year so far with the sports book. 

• Sad 1

Quit.  It would remove half of the treads on the front page if you did.   🥳🎉👍

Half the treads on the front page is about the Bears, and how horrible at playing ff you are. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, weepaws said:

Quit.  It would remove half of the treads on the front page if you did.   🥳🎉👍

Half the treads on the front page is about the Bears, and how horrible at playing ff you are. 

Get back to me when you learn math. Troll. 

• Sad 1

Yes its a time sucker.... I lost 2 of my top 5 draft picks for the season and somehow I'm still 4-1

55 minutes ago, gcmmidwest said:

Yes its a time sucker.... I lost 2 of my top 5 draft picks for the season and somehow I'm still 4-1

That's some good luck for you. That's the name of the game though. Sometimes the game is kind, and sometimes it's a bltch. 

• Sad 1

Drafted:

Fields...finally showing life.

Chubb☠️

Higgins ☠️

Pollard ☠️

Achane....missed his blow-up but got the next 2.....now....

1-4 to start🤬

45 minutes ago, Nomad99 said:

Drafted:

Fields...finally showing life.

Chubb☠️

Higgins ☠️

Pollard ☠️

Achane....missed his blow-up but got the next 2.....now....

1-4 to start🤬

:mad:

• Sad 1

First 4 picks: J Jefferson ☠️ Waddle ☠️ Higgins ☠️ Burrow ☠️   🏳️ 🏳️🏳️🏳️🏳️🏳️🏳️🏳️

Didnt play Burrow because he has sucked and played J Love...lost by 2 pts 

I need to start playing best-ball leagues, because my bench is out-scoring my starters.  I mean who knew I should start Dillon (or Allgeier) over Stevenson, Spears over Herbert, Laporta over Sutton (or McLaurin).

1 league lost:  Chubb, Jefferson, Achane, Evans, J. Williams

Other league lost:  Barkley, J. Williams, Higgins, Cousins (even more useless without JJ), M. Williams

Season's over after the first bye week

these topics are always good for a laugh

We got one guy calling Cousins useless (he is the #3 QB in FF currently, #4 in ppg), we've got skulls next to players who are not injured such as Jaylen Waddle who just had a team high 10 targets this week and a TD... are we just putting skulls next to player who missed a game? Gonna be a lot of skulls over a full season. Tony Pollard is injured? Another guy wants to play best ball because he thought it was a good idea to play Sutton against the Jets DST over Sam LaPorta with ASB out :dunno:

FF, like many things, is full of luck. There is a skill factor and a luck factor. Generally if you are good at FF you will overcome some bad luck and still contend. Might miss the playoffs due to a tie breaker or lose in the playoffs when your team falls flat for a week... nothing you can do about that... but solid in season management should mean the fantasy season is still entertaining for you deep into the year. 

44 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Another guy wants to play best ball because he thought it was a good idea to play Sutton against the Jets DST over Sam LaPorta with ASB out :dunno:

I'll own the LaPorta benching, but hindsight is 20/20.  Before the games, nobody on the "Little Help" board suggested that LaPorta was a slam dunk over Sutton.  "Expert" flex rankings had Sutton over LaPorta by about 75%-25%.  Sutton had been operating as the #1 WR for Denver (and other #1 WR like Lamb and Diggs did just fine against the Jets).  Up to week 5, LaPorta had been a consistent 5-50 (aside from a busted coverage play where he scored) and not really utilized as a red-zone target - plus the Panthers have one of the worst rushing Ds in the league (not unreasonable to think the Lions would lean on Monty again at the stripe) and  had not given up much to other TEs (including Hockenson).  It was way more of a coin-flip decision than you suggest, so let me vent a little when I make the wrong choice.  I suppose you didn't mention the others because you knew that Dillon and Spears were the obvious plays.  

Owner of Laporta great double digit round TEs. 

5 minutes ago, Showboat said:

I'll own the LaPorta benching, but hindsight is 20/20.  Before the games, nobody on the "Little Help" board suggested that LaPorta was a slam dunk over Sutton.  "Expert" flex rankings had Sutton over LaPorta by about 75%-25%.  Sutton had been operating as the #1 WR for Denver (and other #1 WR like Lamb and Diggs did just fine against the Jets).  Up to week 5, LaPorta had been a consistent 5-50 (aside from a busted coverage play where he scored) and not really utilized as a red-zone target - plus the Panthers have one of the worst rushing Ds in the league (not unreasonable to think the Lions would lean on Monty again at the stripe) and  had not given up much to other TEs (including Hockenson).  It was way more of a coin-flip decision than you suggest, so let me vent a little when I make the wrong choice.  I suppose you didn't mention the others because you knew that Dillon and Spears were the obvious plays.  

I would have started Herbert as well. Dillon vs Stevenson would have taken more thought as Stevenson hadn't hit double digit points since week 2 and while I was hoping Jones would play, he was iffy all week. 

without living off TDs, Sutton has had 1 very good game with high targets. I didn't say it was a slam dunk to start LaPorta but he was a popular play once ASB was ruled out. Coupled with going up against the Jets pass D (Sutton is not the talent that CeeDee and Diggs are) I think LaPorta was an easy choice. Not a slam dunk but an easy enough decision. 

the main takeaway is that start/sit decisions are part of FF. Sometimes they are tough and sometimes you wind up leaving points on the bench. Too many people just want no hassle best ball leagues or tons of flex spots rather than having to make decisions. 

• Thanks 1

Good news for  us Ekeler owners, he’s practicing.  Yes.  

Started listening to FF podcasts in May. Thought I'd figured the key to my league's weird scoring system.

1-4

Don't call it a comeback!!!  :banana:

13 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

I would have started Herbert as well. Dillon vs Stevenson would have taken more thought as Stevenson hadn't hit double digit points since week 2 and while I was hoping Jones would play, he was iffy all week. 

without living off TDs, Sutton has had 1 very good game with high targets. I didn't say it was a slam dunk to start LaPorta but he was a popular play once ASB was ruled out. Coupled with going up against the Jets pass D (Sutton is not the talent that CeeDee and Diggs are) I think LaPorta was an easy choice. Not a slam dunk but an easy enough decision. 

the main takeaway is that start/sit decisions are part of FF. Sometimes they are tough and sometimes you wind up leaving points on the bench. Too many people just want no hassle best ball leagues or tons of flex spots rather than having to make decisions. 

Dillon hadn't reached double digit points at all this season (even when Jones was out).  All sit/start decisions are based on guessing whether a past trend will continue or a new trend will be started and sometimes it's good to throw in an illogical hunch.  Anyways, a vent thread is no place for an "I told you so" response (unless you actually did tell us before the games started).  Maybe you can hang out on the "Little Help" board more often to offer your sage advice before the games are played.

49 minutes ago, Showboat said:

Dillon hadn't reached double digit points at all this season (even when Jones was out).  All sit/start decisions are based on guessing whether a past trend will continue or a new trend will be started and sometimes it's good to throw in an illogical hunch.  Anyways, a vent thread is no place for an "I told you so" response (unless you actually did tell us before the games started).  Maybe you can hang out on the "Little Help" board more often to offer your sage advice before the games are played.

There was no "i told you so" in my response. Sorry if you took it that way. Obviously I did not tell you to start or sit any certain players. I said these types of threads provide comedy. Do you disagree that Kirk Cousins is the #3(#4 in ppg) scoring QB in fantasy right now? Do you disagree that players like Jaylen Waddle and Tony Pollard are healthy? Everyone is free to vent and I am equally free to comment on the venting...  relax

1 hour ago, WhiteWonder said:

There was no "i told you so" in my response. Sorry if you took it that way. Obviously I did not tell you to start or sit any certain players. I said these types of threads provide comedy. Do you disagree that Kirk Cousins is the #3(#4 in ppg) scoring QB in fantasy right now? Do you disagree that players like Jaylen Waddle and Tony Pollard are healthy? Everyone is free to vent and I am equally free to comment on the venting...  relax

I always see these types of threads in the context of misery loves company (or trying to work a reverse jinx).  Sure Cousins has been a great fantasy QB so far this season, but with JJ going down there could certainly be a dip in production going forward.  Waddle was out for one game, but even when playing has probably performed below expectations.  I don't recall Pollard missing any time, but his last two games have not been great.  In my case it came across as "any moron would have started LaPorta over Sutton" - I already know that I screwed up so I don't need any Monday morning quarterbacking.  Sure, you are free to comment, and hopefully those comments are constructive and put things in perspective.  At the same time, I am free to respond to your comments.  BTW, I'm plenty relaxed.  Thx.

:cheers:

35 minutes ago, Showboat said:

I always see these types of threads in the context of misery loves company (or trying to work a reverse jinx).  Sure Cousins has been a great fantasy QB so far this season, but with JJ going down there could certainly be a dip in production going forward.  Waddle was out for one game, but even when playing has probably performed below expectations.  I don't recall Pollard missing any time, but his last two games have not been great.  In my case it came across as "any moron would have started LaPorta over Sutton" - I already know that I screwed up so I don't need any Monday morning quarterbacking.  Sure, you are free to comment, and hopefully those comments are constructive and put things in perspective.  At the same time, I am free to respond to your comments.  BTW, I'm plenty relaxed.  Thx.

:cheers:

Here's an aside that makes my week so much better after that FF debacle I had this past weekend.

Totally off topic but whatever. Think of Monte Python, "And now, for something completely different".

In the NHL tonight. My Blackhawks are having their opening game of the season v. the Penguins and I'm psyched. Here's why...

Rookie Bedard facing off against his hockey hero Sidney Crosby in their opening game of the season.

I'm just waiting now for the opening game to come on at 8pm EST on ESPN. Warming up with the Lightening v. Predators.

Tonight the most anticipated rookie prospect since Connor McDavid, Connor Bedard will face off in an opening night NHL game, against Sidney Crosby, another #1 overall pick but back in 2005. Bedard wasn't born yet when Crosby was drafted in 2005. He was born in 2005, July. Bedard is 18, same as Crosby when he was drafted and now Crosby is 36. What a trip. Bedard has been followed by experts and media since he was in his single digits age wise. He was scoring against professional goalies at the age of 12 and his stock has been only going up from there. That's gotta be a real trip for the kid to take the ice in his first professional game facing off on the #1 line against one of his hockey heroes in Sidney Crosby. That will be his very first action in the league. 

Talk about dreams coming true in such a surreal manner. Bedard is a serious level headed dude. In all the interviews after the draft he has been sharp and just kept telling media that his focus is just to "make the team". That's his first goal in the league. Well, he made the team. I'm sure Crosby can get the better of Bedard tonight but he and other stars around the league have been in awe of this kid Bedard. Their only advice was for him to just get used to the league and enjoy all that is going on around him. Other first overall picks said they were so overly focused that they forgot to enjoy their time and didn't really take it all in. They all said Bedard has an unbelievable shot, possibly the best in the world even at his young age, but it will just take him time to get used to things. 

The Hawks brought on in the offseason a 33 year old ex #1 pick in Tyler Johnson to watch over Bedard and a 35 year old veteran enforcer in Nick Foligno that has proven to have zero problem with going toe to toe with anyone in the league. He's well hated by many team's fans. Including the Blackhawks' fans prior to their signing him. 

Hawks will have other rookies on the ice this year and they have one of the better farm systems in all of hockey. They will lose a lot of games this year but this year is about getting experience and growth in their young players and figuring out who will be future linemates with who. 

Loving this. 

Sorry about that, but I consider that FF therapy. I'm just forgetting about it for the next couple hours. Hawks may get beat but I somewhat expect it and don't care. I even bet on the Hawks because it's Bedard's first game ever in the NHL. 

• Sad 1