Sign in to follow this  
WhiteWonder

*** NBA Thread 2023-24 ***

8 hours ago, Gepetto said:

Joel Embiid scored 70 points and had 18 rebounds tonight. He's the leading scorer in the NBA at 35 pts per game.

He’s incredible. 

Joel Embiid is a focking stud :pointstosky:

Milwaukee Bucks  (30-13)

- Adrian Griffin fired as head coach

- Doc Rivers hired as head coach

Lakers @ Warriors just started.

Warriors finally starting their best 5 players: Steph, Klay, Wiggins, Kuminga, Draymond.

Lakers starting DeAngelo Ruseelll, Austin Reeves, Taureen Prince, Lebron, Anthony Davis

Which one of these doesn't belong in the starting lineup (of any NBA team) ?

Taureen Prince

Lakers lose when he plays and wins when he's out hurt. He focking sucks and I hate him. Start Rui you dumbmotherfucker L.A. ooach Ham. This team could have a few years back had Ty Lue as coach. sad

On 1/24/2024 at 12:26 AM, Gepetto said:

Milwaukee Bucks  (30-13)

- Adrian Griffin fired as head coach

- Doc Rivers hired as head coach

Doc is such a colossal ass hole.

24 minutes ago, MDC said:

Doc is such a colossal ass hole.

I'm just glad I don't have to listen to him talk during NBA games on TV anymore. Now if Stan Van Gundy would just go away, my NBA watching would be much improved.

2 hours ago, Gepetto said:

I'm just glad I don't have to listen to him talk during NBA games on TV anymore. Now if Stan Van Gundy would just go away, my NBA watching would be much improved.

Great game! Double Overtime. Lakers down 1, 1 second left, Lebron drove and was fouled. He made both free throws to win it. Happy to see the Lakers get this hard fought win. D'Lo was huge, scored a lot, hit a huge 3 in transition late.

Lebron 36, 20, and 12

Anthony Davis 29 and 13

D'Lo 28

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

Great game! Double Overtime. Lakers down 1, 1 second left, Lebron drove and was fouled. He made both free throws to win it. Happy to see the Lakers get this hard fought win. D'Lo was huge, scored a lot, hit a huge 3 in transition late.

Lebron 36, 20, and 12

Anthony Davis 29 and 13

D'Lo 28

Yea it was and hit my parlay cause of the OT.

• Like 1

Lakers (without Lebron and AD) defeat the Celtics (at full strength)

114    -      105

Austin Reeves 32 points

2024 NBA All-Stars  (name, team, rookie year)

Western Conference starters

LeBron James (Los Angeles Lakers)* 2003

Nikola Jokic (Denver Nuggets) 2015

Kevin Durant (Phoenix Suns) 2007

Luka Doncic (Dallas Mavericks) 2018

Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (Oklahoma City Thunder) 2018

Western Conference reserves

Stephen Curry (Golden State Warriors) 2009

Anthony Edwards (Minnesota Timberwolves) 2020

Anthony Davis (Los Angeles Lakers) 2012

Kawhi Leonard (L.A. Clippers) 2011

Devin Booker (Phoenix Suns) 2015

Paul George (L.A. Clippers) 2010

Karl-Anthony Towns (Minnesota Timberwolves) 2015

Eastern Conference starters

Giannis Antetokounmpo (Milwaukee Bucks)* 2013

Jayson Tatum (Boston Celtics) 2017

Joel Embiid (Philadelphia 76ers) 2014

Tyrese Haliburton (Indiana Pacers) 2020

Damian Lillard (Milwaukee Bucks) 2011

Eastern Conference reserves

Jalen Brunson (New York Knicks) 2018

Donovan Mitchell (Cleveland Cavaliers) 2017

Tyrese Maxey (Philadelphia 76ers) 2020

Jaylen Brown (Boston Celtics) 2016

Paolo Banchero (Orlando Magic) 2022

Bam Adebayo (Miami Heat) 2017

Julius Randle (New York Knicks) 2014

Trae Young (Atlanta Hawks) 2018    replacement for injured Joel Embiid (Philadelphia 76ers) 2014

Scottie Barnes (Toronto Raptors) 2021    replacement for injured Julius Randle (New York Knicks) 2014

Milwaukee Bucks B.D.R. (before Doc Rivers)  30 wins - 13 losses  - in 1st place.

Milwaukee Bucks A.D.R. (after Doc Rivers)      1 win - 4 losses   - 3rd place in the East

:lol:

I already thought he was a bad coach, but wow, what were the Bucks thinking.  Too bad b/c I like Giannis and Lillard. The players will just have to overcome the coaching decisions somehow if they want to win.

5 hours ago, Gepetto said:

Milwaukee Bucks B.D.R. (before Doc Rivers)  30 wins - 13 losses  - in 1st place.

Milwaukee Bucks A.D.R. (after Doc Rivers)      1 win - 4 losses   - 3rd place in the East

I already thought he was a bad coach, but wow, what were the Bucks thinking.  Too bad b/c I like Giannis and Lillard. The players will just have to overcome the coaching decisions somehow if they want to win.

KG made Doc Rivers 

Lakers finally started Rui. Maybe they'll win this game. vs. the Pelicans. On NBA TV. All the stars are playing for both teams.

55 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

Lakers finally started Rui. Maybe they'll win this game. vs. the Pelicans. On NBA TV. All the stars are playing for both teams.

Lakers just set a franchise record for points in a half with 87 points

Score is 87 - 74.

Could of been, would of been, should of been. It's kinda sad what happened to Ben Simmons, what a wasted talent. 

On 2/6/2024 at 11:43 PM, Gepetto said:

update

Doc Rivers with the Bucks

3 wins, 7 losses

5 hours ago, Gepetto said:

update

Doc Rivers with the Bucks

3 wins, 7 losses

Doc can only coach in the underdog role. He's been a huge disappointment when coaching a true contender. What he did to the Sixers was criminal. 

Lakers are playing the Bucks now. Lakers went on a 26 - 7 run to get the game to OT. Last second of OT it was tied again and Lillard had a layup to win blocked by Anthony Davis. Double OT starting now. On TNT.

1 hour ago, Gepetto said:

Lakers are playing the Bucks now. Lakers went on a 26 - 7 run to get the game to OT. Last second of OT it was tied again and Lillard had a layup to win blocked by Anthony Davis. Double OT starting now. On TNT.

That was a classic. So high level.

2 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

That was a classic. So high level.

Yea, no Lebron, but Austin Reeves, D Russ, and Anthony Davis put up huge stats, and Rui and Dinwiddie played well too. Bucks doing everything to hang on as well.

2024 Basketball Hall of Fame inductees will be Chauncey Billups, Vince Carter, Michael Cooper, Walter Davis

How Victor Wembanyama's rookie season ranks in NBA history

Victor Wembanyama's NBA rookie season has finished. The San Antonio Spurs announced that 2023's No. 1 overall draft pick will not play in Sunday's season finale versus the Detroit Pistons due to a sore right ankle. That ends his first NBA campaign at 71 games.

For the season, Wembanyama averaged 21.4 points, 10.6 rebounds, 3.9 assists and 3.6 blocks per game. He led all NBA rookies in scoring, rebounding and blocks per game average, providing the sort of impact expected from a No. 1 overall selection while becoming a must-see attraction for fans nearly every night. The 7-foot-4 French sensation will almost certainly win NBA Rookie of the Year honors.

Wembanyama, 20, went out on a high note in his final game, scoring 34 points with 12 rebounds, five assists and two blocks in a 121–120 upset of the Denver Nuggets that could cost the defending NBA champions the No. 1 seed in the Western Conference.

Wembanayama finishes his rookie season as the first player in NBA history to score 1,500 points (1,522), block 250 shots (254) and hit 100 3-point shots (128) in a single season. (He also compiled 755 rebounds, 274 assists and 88 steals.)

That certainly puts him in the conversation for best rookie season in NBA history. But where does Wembanyama stack up against other first seasons from the greatest players in the game?

How Wembanyama rates among the all-time greats

His 21.4 points per game is the highest for a rookie since Blake Griffin averaged 22.5 points during the 2010-11 season. The same goes for Wembanyama's 10.6 rebounds per game, ranking below Griffin's 12.1 average.

No rookie comes close to Wilt Chamberlain, who averaged 37.6 points and 27 rebounds per game during the 1959-60 season.

Blocks have only been recorded as a stat in the NBA since the 1973-74 season, so the comparisons there are incomplete. However, with the information on hand, Wembanyama's 3.6 blocks per game only rank behind fellow Spurs star David Robinson, who averaged 3.9 blocks in 1989-90.

Did Wembanyama live up to his enormous hype? During his rookie season, was he the sort of generational talent that the NBA hasn't seen since LeBron James? (James finished with an 18.3 PER, by the way.)

The numbers say yes. So do a season's worth of highlights showcasing his length, athleticism and talent. Yet there is also plenty of room left for improvement.

Wembanyama can get bigger, stronger and more durable, perhaps capable of playing more than 71 games. More importantly, the Spurs can build a better team around him and finish with a record better than the 21–60 mark (tied for worst in the West) they take into Sunday's regular-season finale.

The future for Wembanyama looks as exciting as his spectacular all-around game.

Celtics lose at home to the Heat minus JB :lol:   

No i didn't watch, I live here.