Sign in to follow this  
himmystyles

For those teams in first

For teams in first and need less win-now and more looking towards playoff planning, any specific tips or strategies outside of analyzing favorable matchups (esp qbs)? My league has very short (4) benches so stashing isn’t really an option. 
any specific players you feel might be good targets to acquire specifically for a playoff run? 

Find a Time Machine, go back in time about 8 weeks, and draft Tyreek Hill.

I’m in 5 leagues…3 pay, 2 free.  The #1 team in all 5 has Tyreek Hill on their roster.  3 of the 5 are undefeated.

32 minutes ago, makindollaz said:

Find a Time Machine, go back in time about 8 weeks, and draft Tyreek Hill.

I’m in 5 leagues…3 pay, 2 free.  The #1 team in all 5 has Tyreek Hill on their roster.  3 of the 5 are undefeated.

Lol I have tyreek, which is why I’m in my position ;) 

1 hour ago, himmystyles said:

For teams in first and need less win-now and more looking towards playoff planning, any specific tips or strategies outside of analyzing favorable matchups (esp qbs)? My league has very short (4) benches so stashing isn’t really an option. 
any specific players you feel might be good targets to acquire specifically for a playoff run? 

Look to aquire Achane or Kyren Williams. 

13 minutes ago, himmystyles said:

Lol I have tyreek, which is why I’m in my position ;) 

Obviously skill is needed to be consistently good in FFB, but in one of my free leagues (a casual friend league) a girl we know drafted Tyreek in the first, then Tua, Mostert & Achane in the middle/late rounds because she likes the Dolphin colors.  It’s not always skill 🤣

2 minutes ago, makindollaz said:

Obviously skill is needed to be consistently good in FFB, but in one of my free leagues (a casual friend league) a girl we know drafted Tyreek in the first, then Tua, Mostert & Achane in the middle/late rounds because she likes the Dolphin colors.  It’s not always skill 🤣

That’s amazing lmao 

2 minutes ago, himmystyles said:

That’s amazing lmao 

It’s kinda funny actually.  Her husband is in the league and hardcore.  Spends hours each week on his teams, is the first person to put in a waiver claim for the backup when a key starter gets hurt, at draft time can tell you just about everyone’s ADP without looking.  Only reason she played is because we needed a 14th for an even number…she barely watches…so now everyone gives him crap about needing to check with her first before he makes a move since she’s 7-0 and leading the league in scoring by 200 points.

7 minutes ago, makindollaz said:

It’s kinda funny actually.  Her husband is in the league and hardcore.  Spends hours each week on his teams, is the first person to put in a waiver claim for the backup when a key starter gets hurt, at draft time can tell you just about everyone’s ADP without looking.  Only reason she played is because we needed a 14th for an even number…she barely watches…so now everyone gives him crap about needing to check with her first before he makes a move since she’s 7-0 and leading the league in scoring by 200 points.

That might cause some marital discourse… 😵💫😵💫😵💫

back up as many starters as you can.

1 hour ago, taco breath said:

back up as many starters as you can.

We only have 4 bench spots. It’s tough. I may even not pick up a tight end to fill the spot when we goes on bye because it’s too hard to drop anyone. 

I buy my way in to the playoffs or I should say trade my way in.  We keep 6 and can trade picks two seasons in advance.  From the trades I made I do not have picks in rounds 1, 2, and 3 in 2024 and 1and 2 in 2025.  If I could trade my 2026 draft picks i would.  I'm all in this season.

I  start working the wire a week or two in advance to cover bye weeks.  If a better option becomes available I'll add and drop as needed. 

Tyreek and diggs 1st place but not for long ...lost Mike williams ,Rodgers,deebo,and few others that are replaced with scrubs getting hard to throw a team together 

I would target Jerome Ford/ KHunt/ Browns D as their playoff and 2nd half of the season schedule is fantastic. The Falcons also have a great schedule, and maybe taking a flyer on Allgeier in case Bijan gets banged up. 

QBs are tough, but Bryce Young has a favorable schedule if he and the Panthers can somehow improve and get things going toward the end of the year.

WRs, JSN has a solid playoff schedule with the Seahawks, he could toward the end of the season.

• Thanks 1

On 10/28/2023 at 2:03 PM, himmystyles said:

We only have 4 bench spots. It’s tough. I may even not pick up a tight end to fill the spot when we goes on bye because it’s too hard to drop anyone. 

our Die Nasty league has 20 bench spots.

On 10/28/2023 at 4:03 PM, himmystyles said:

If I have a bye the first week, I try to pick up a lottery ticket RB and drop my kicker. You can always pick up a kicker next week and if the lottery ticket hits, you're golden.

13 hours ago, browndelivers said:

If I have a bye the first week, I try to pick up a lottery ticket RB and drop my kicker. You can always pick up a kicker next week and if the lottery ticket hits, you're golden.

We did away with kickers and defense a long time ago, but 100 percent agree.