Sign in to follow this  
TommyGavin

***Happy Football Day Week 11***

Headed to Arrowhead for what should be a great one Monday!

13 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Headed to Arrowhead for what should be a great one Monday!

Half my family is NY Football Giants fans and the other half Bills fans. 

Tough choice but I’ll be rooting for the Iggles. 

Have a great time bro. 

• Confused 1

56 minutes ago, TommyGavin said:

JB out out with wrist injury. 

This could be potentially ... uh...

... all for the Bengals this year :(

Hopefully he comes back in a week or two.

Bills and Bengals not making the playoffs? Who would have thought that? 

• Like 1

We had what looked like a great game on our hands but now, without Burrow, it's just Baltimore taking care of business. 

18 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Bills don't surprise me much and mentioned in preseason that something ain't right about them.

54 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

With the Browns also losing Watson. dozens of scenarios are opening up.

15 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

With the Browns also losing Watson. dozens of scenarios are opening up.

Was the strongest conference with 3 and maybe even all 4 playoffs teams, now down to Steelers and Ravens if Burrow misses more time.

7 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I know. I wanted that rematch 

Still rooting for the Lions and against SF, Philly, Minnesota, and Seattle.

The Bears are having a bad year but can't let up if we want to catch Philly, for the 1 seed its one game at a time, beat them and move from 7-2 to 8-2, then a short turnaround to Green Bay on Thanksgiving.

Tampa wouldn't seem to have a prayer against the 49ers, but a decent chance in the other three games that I want to see stumble to stumble: Eagles at Chiefs is most important, but also Seahawks at Rams, and Vikings at Broncos.

We have footage of James Houston back at the practice facility,  out of his walking boot and pulling a weighted sled. So if his ankle can hold up for that as of right now, he should be able to return soon - and certainly before the playoffs. He was a huge part of the Lions defensive turnaround last year and Lord knows the Lions have missed him badly, the pass rush opposite opposite Hutchinson hasn't been very effective.

In that regard, the Lions just signed Bruce Irvin who's a big name obviously, but who knows how much is left in the tank at 36. People spend ten months as unsigned free agents for a reason. Enough to get a contract. Somebody to cross fingers isn't washed up.

We also have footage of CJGJ working out and looking like he's made improvements. He's always said that he wasn't done for the year and maybe we can hold out hope for him to return as well to help in the secondary. 

Moseley is obviously done for the year and Vaitai looks to be as well, Dan Campbell is leaving the door open but is pessimistic that he will be able to return.

10 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Still rooting for the Lions and against SF, Philly, Minnesota, and Seattle.

The Bears are having a bad year but can't let up if we want to catch Philly, for the 1 seed its one game at a time, beat them and move from 7-2 to 8-2, then a short turnaround to Green Bay on Thanksgiving.

Tampa wouldn't seem to have a prayer against the 49ers, but a decent chance in the other three games that I want to see stumble to stumble: Eagles at Chiefs is most important, but also Seahawks at Rams, and Vikings at Broncos.

Eagles next 5 are Chiefs, Bills, Niners, Cowboys, Seahawks.

Niners have remaining games against the Eagles, Seahawks and Ravens.

Cowboys get Eagles, Bills, Dolphins and Lions.

Lions have the inside track due to schedule. The Vikes aren’t a walkover but they’re not among the elite. Their only truly tough remaining game is against the Boys. 

As you may know, Bruce Irvin just signed with Detroit. Now apparently, JJ Watt is also in talks with the Lions to come out of retirement.

Well, more correctly, The Lions are talking to JJ Watt.

I'm really tempted to start Mattison over Christian Kirk in the flex spot this week.

:unsure:

Bears marched down on the Lions to start the game, Lions were looking good moving the ball then got an INT.  After a stop, they're trying again. Got another INT to killl another drive.

I have an ill feel so far. 7-0 Chicago.

Chicago almost had a third INT - would have been a 95 yard Pick-6 on 1st and goal for Detroit but the Ding-Dong dropped it, thank God.

The Lions scored an easy TD on the next play.

7-7

Good, that Detroit ends the first half with the 14-10 lead. Detroit's drives didn't die on downs, they died on INTs. The O is fine if they're not turning it over, the D was shaky on the first drive but settled down after. Still too much of a scare for me.

Felt like the Bears were the better team in the first half, but fock 'em.

D'Onta Forman limped off the field for Chicago, twisted ankle perhaps. I think they lost their center earlier too.

Oh, good grief. Another turnover. Lions fumble the return on the kickoff after a FG and Josh Reynolds may be hurt.

14-13 Chicago has the ball and great field position. Lions can't get their O on the field.

So glad this thread becomes the lions play by play every week. Who needs to watch? 

• Haha 1

Bears won the turnover battle like 4-1 and had time of possession for 2/3 of the game but at no time did they look like they could stop the Lions offense. They had great field possession all game and settled for FGs.

Then, in the end, with the game on the line, they choked. It was a battle but the Lions found a way. 

Lions cant win the SB with that D. Its a nice ride but it feels like less of Lions winning and more about their opposition losing. 

That just wont work in the playoffs

1 hour ago, supermike80 said:

Lions cant win the SB with that D. Its a nice ride but it feels like less of Lions winning and more about their opposition losing. 

That just wont work in the playoffs

I think Baltimore was the reality check.

Last week was the D's fault, but the D played well enough today. This week would have been on Goff for all the picks had he not righted the ship. That said, they wouldn't have beaten teams better than the Chargers and Bears the last two weeks. There's an ongoing worry about teams shredding their Defense like Seattle, Baltimore, and the Chargers did.

I wouldn't want to play in Philly or SF, but we have a reasonable chance of winning home field and beating those teams in Detroit. They'd need some breaks in the Super Bowl.

6 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So glad this thread becomes the lions play by play every week. Who needs to watch? 

You focktards are invited to post in it too. 

That penalty sucked. Would have been a huge momentum shift.

19 minutes ago, Rabbit Range said:

Let's go Broncos!! I'm glad they shook off that debacle in MIA. A win here would be nice. :pointstosky:

I know. They can't find the endzone though.

4 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

I know. They can't find the endzone though.

Weak tackling and red zone offense obviously hurting them right now. At least they have the turnovers to keep them in it.

Denver has one last shot. C;mon fockers.

Sucks. I have no confidence in this team. 3rd & 1, I expect them to fail on some wing and a prayer play. 3rd and 20, I expect their opponent to weave through a number of missed tackles and keep driving.

Oh  my exciting at the end here.

:pointstosky:

Yes! Congrats Broncos!