Sign in to follow this  
himmystyles

Singletary with Pierce back

Do you guys still see Singletary as a strong starting option/starter even with return of Pierce, or do you see it being more of an even timeshare situation? 

RBBC.  

I was going to post the same question. My only thoughts are that since the Texans are in contention for their division, the coach should be smart enough to stick with the better back.

The following shows that Singletary's YPC average is 33% higher than Pierce. The coach should exploit that until it no longer works. But will he ?

Rushing

Player
G
Rush
Yds
Y/G
Avg
Long
TD
Fum
FL
10 114 471 47.1 4.1 22 2 0 0
7 109 327 46.7 3.0 16 1 0 0
10 23 85 8.5 3.7 12 2 6 4
10 4 44 4.4 11.0 17 0 0 0
9 10 39 4.3 3.9 13 0 1 0
9 5 23 2.6 4.6 11 0 1 0
5 2 4 0.8 2.0 2 0 0 0
9 5 3 0.3 0.6 2 1 1 1
5 1 -1 -0.2 -1.0 -1 0 0 0

I have him on my bench right now, but I have Taylor and maybe Kyren Williams ready to go. Otherwise, I'd play him. He has tripled his FF point production since Pierce went out, I can't see them giving that up just yet in a 50-50 timeshare. He's averaging 130 yards and a TD over the last 2 games. I just don't see how they can expect the same production from both guys. I think Pierce should have to show them something before it becomes a full-fledged RBBC.

11 minutes ago, stratmel said:

I have him on my bench right now, but I have Taylor and maybe Kyren Williams ready to go. Otherwise, I'd play him. He has tripled his FF point production since Pierce went out, I can't see them giving that up just yet in a 50-50 timeshare. He's averaging 130 yards and a TD over the last 2 games. I just don't see how they can expect the same production from both guys. I think Pierce should have to show them something before it becomes a full-fledged RBBC.

Totally agree.  Going back and forth between him and Conner. Starting Williams as well- he should eat. 

• Like 1

the coach might do a RBBC if he wants to give Pierce a shot at his job back but I think Singletary has by far been the better back this season.

Based on this it should be Singletary moving forward, but Coaches often like to say you dont lose your job while injured and will give him a shot to show he deserves to start.

They should start Singletary but very possible it will be RBBC

This just in:

Texans offensive coordinator Bobby Slowick said Dameon Pierce (ankle) will split the backfield workload when he returns to the lineup.

good times lol. 

Yet to be seen imo, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see an even split or close to it.  Either way Singletary has earn a larger work load, but his production will be reduced with Pierce healthy.  RBBC 

1 hour ago, himmystyles said:

This just in:

Texans offensive coordinator Bobby Slowick said Dameon Pierce (ankle) will split the backfield workload when he returns to the lineup.

good times lol. 

Here's the release. The line I highlighted sure looks/sounds like bitter sarcasm. I'm guessing Jesse has Singletary rostered in a couple leagues :)

Texans RB Dameon Pierce is going to share the backfield once he returns from his ankle injury, per Texans’ OC Bobby Slowik. (Source: Jon Alexander on Twitter )

Fantasy Impact: Pierce has returned to practice in full over the last few days and could be set to return after missing his third straight game. Devin Singletary has averaged five yards per carry with Pierce out, so it makes sense to have both running backs operate in a timeshare. Fantasy managers will need Pierce to find the end zone consistently to be a strong fantasy option once he returns.

• Haha 1

On 11/23/2023 at 4:27 PM, stratmel said:

I have a very similar backfield in one league; Henry, Taylor, kyren, Mattison, achane and Singletary.   I just hope a couple of them blow up in the final weeks, and it becomes apparent who it will be. 

Pierce has been terrible this season and Singletary has been excellent when he's the starter.

However, I still wouldn't be surprised to see Pierce get enough touches to make them both pretty worthless for fantasy purposes

3 hours ago, polecatt said:

Pierce has been terrible this season and Singletary has been excellent when he's the starter.

However, I still wouldn't be surprised to see Pierce get enough touches to make them both pretty worthless for fantasy purposes

Would you go Conner over Singletary this week? 

7 minutes ago, himmystyles said:

Would you go Conner over Singletary this week? 

It's a toss up really.

I would probably start Singletary, just because he's the hot hand at the moment and probably has a slightly better chance at scoring a TD

Singletary is now heretofore rendered useless.  Thanks stupid unlogical NFL coaching

29 minutes ago, BufordT said:

Singletary is now heretofore rendered useless.  Thanks stupid unlogical NFL coaching

Exactly. Stroud Singletary  Pierce........ 5 carries each