Sign in to follow this  
supermike80

FSU got hosed

2 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

They didn't beat up on them.  They won by a field goal.  

I'm not interested in a subjective selection.   FSU did everything they should, with a 3rd string QB, and got hosed.

You could argue OSU should be in ahead of Texas if you're going to use the stupid eye test.

Should Georgia be in over Texas as well?  

Dumb.

This is why!!!

Alabama had the No. 5 strength of schedule this year, according to ESPN's metrics, while Florida State's came in at No. 55. Corrigan said that was one of the biggest pieces of the conversation. “It's a factor, and it's part of our protocol as we look at it,”

I stand by my statement. 

If an unbeaten Georgia or Alabama was forced to use their 3rd string qb. Would they have gotten passed over? Absolutely focking not. The "eye test" excuse is BS. 

You let FSU in and let the chips fall where they may. If they get blown out. So be it. 

5 minutes ago, crackattack said:

If an unbeaten Georgia or Alabama was forced to use their 3rd string qb.

You are correct. That has NOTHING to do with anything.

Their strength of schedule, 55th in the Country is what killed them. It's simple as that. 

Just now, League Champion said:

That has NOTHING to do with anything. Why would the committee care about who's playing QB? Hell, Jalen Hurts was a 3rd string QB at one point. 

Their strength of schedule, 55th in the Country is what killed them. It's simple as that. 

It does have to do with that. They also use the bs "eye test".  FSU should be in. We all know why they're not. Alabama had a worse record.  You have to play your schedule. FSU did and went unbeaten. Alabama did not. It's that simple.

16 hours ago, easilyscan said:

Punishment by the NCAA for still doing the chant ? 

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like I heard Alabama beat 5 different teams that were ranked number 1 at the time this year. Not saying that makes things right, but it's pretty impressive.  

According to this, Ohio St opened up as #1 in the CFB poll, but it was Georgia since Week 12.  Georgia was #1 all year (now Michigan), in the AP poll and coaches poll... until now.

5 hours ago, League Champion said:

How?? FSU would get DESTROYED by any of those 4. It wouldn't even be a game. Undefeated doesn't mean you're the best. They did us a favor by not putting FSU in. 

Didn't TCU get blown out last year?

8 minutes ago, crackattack said:

FSU should be in.

No!!! They Shouldn't!!

55th in strength of schedule. That's horrible. You can't put them in the playoff, they just aren't that good. They are undefeated as a product of a weak schedule 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, League Champion said:

This is why!!!

Alabama had the No. 5 strength of schedule this year, according to ESPN's metrics, while Florida State's came in at No. 55. Corrigan said that was one of the biggest pieces of the conversation. “It's a factor, and it's part of our protocol as we look at it,”

I get the argument you're making, but you won't convince me.    FSU did everything they were supposed to do, and got shut out.   It's wrong.  An undefeated conference champion should get in over a one loss team.  Period.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, League Champion said:

This is why!!!

So why not OSU over Texas?  Why not Georgia over Texas?

10 minutes ago, League Champion said:

No!!! They Shouldn't!!

55th in strength of schedule. That's horrible. You can't put them in the playoff, they just aren't that good. They are undefeated as a product of a weak schedule 

Again. They can only play who is on their schedule. They did and went unbeaten. They did everything in their power and still got punished. Alabama can't say the same. They got beat. 

2 minutes ago, crackattack said:

Again. They can only play who is on their schedule. They did and went unbeaten. They did everything in their power and still got punished. Alabama can't say the same. They got beat. 

Georgia lost one game, to the now #4 team in the country.  And they got shut out?  How do they not make it in on this stupid eye test nonsense

19 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Didn't TCU get blown out last year?

It was the lesson they learned, put the best teams in ....regardless who thinks they are due.

• Sad 1

Georgia lost one game, to the now #4 team in the country.  And they got shut out?  How do they not make it in on this stupid eye test nonsense

Exactly. Or Ohio State. It's a joke.

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

It was the lesson they learned, put the best teams in ....regardless who thinks they are due.

TCU won their first game.  Huge upset over Michigan.   Thats good football

6 minutes ago, crackattack said:

They can only play who is on their schedule

You just lost your own argument. The schedule sucked. They made their schedule, not the NCAA

You just lost your own argument. The schedule sucked. They made their schedule, not the NCAA

I guess I didn't realize conference games were negotiable. 

1 minute ago, crackattack said:

I guess I didn't realize conference games were negotiable. 

They're not.  And oh by the way, FSU scheduled and BEAT the #5 team in the country then, LSU.   But, yeah. let's forget that

1 minute ago, supermike80 said:

They're not.  And oh by the way, FSU scheduled and BEAT the #5 team in the country then, LSU.   But, yeah. let's forget that

Yep. FSU had a tougher non conference schedule then Alabama. I was being sarcastic about the schedule. 😁

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/non-conference-sos-by-other&ved=2ahUKEwjTmeDtovaCAxVQv4kEHWuYClAQFnoECA8QAQ&usg=AOvVaw1PptCVOxd8z6wLxsyn_iPB

4 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

LSU isn't 5 today. BTW, Alabama DESTROYED LSU. And FSU beat Florida, the 69th ranked defense in the Country. Big deal 

LSU isn't 5 today. And they beat Florida, the 69th ranked defense in the Country. Big deal 

You're the one bringing up the stupid schedule.  FSU set up and beat what was perceived to be a good LSU team.  The fact that they aren't now is irrevelant.  They went out and scheduled tough games.  

Why is Michigan #1?  Their non conference schedule is a joke.  So is the entire Big 10, with the exception of Ohio State?  How does your dumb azz "eye test" tell you Michigan is #1?

Why is Michigan #1?  Their non conference schedule is a joke.  So is the entire Big 10, with the exception of Ohio State?  How does your dumb azz "eye test" tell you Michigan is #1?

This I agree with. Alabama is going to win The National Championship, then this will all make sense. 

2 minutes ago, League Champion said:

But they weren't. They were a paper tiger. We know that now

Sooo..if Alabama doesn't make that miracle catch against Auburn, they should still be in then?  Ok gotcha.  Records mean zip..Just the eye test

You're the one bringing up the stupid schedule.  FSU set up and beat what was perceived to be a good LSU team.  The fact that they aren't now is irrevelant.  They went out and scheduled tough games.  

Hindsight is always perfect. The ACC schedule was weaker, but FSU can't control that. Their non conference was the 4th toughest in the country. They are out because of their qb situation and nothing more.

5 minutes ago, crackattack said:

Hindsight is always perfect. The ACC schedule was weaker, but FSU can't control that. Their non conference was the 4th toughest in the country. They are out because of their qb situation and nothing more.

And their conference.  Texas got in.  One loss conference champ.   Cause it's Texas.  Its about the money.  And I get that.  But any attempt to tell me any team deserves to be there more than FSU after their season is screwy

9 minutes ago, League Champion said:

This I agree with. Alabama is going to win The National Championship, then this will all make sense. 

After seeing Washington, I am not so sure about that.

and anyone can beat anyone in one game.  That's why you play a season, to make a case.   Which now means nothing.

And their conference.  Texas got in.  One loss conference champ.   Cause it's Texas.  Its about the money.  And I get that.  But any attempt to tell me any team deserves to be there more than FSU after their season is screwy

👍

1 minute ago, crackattack said:

👍

Your point about the QB was spot on.  If Alabama went undefeated with the bandleader playing QB, they would be in

2 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Yeah, no way were they going to NOT have an SEC team in.  That being said, I wish @phillybearwere still around to tell us how overrated the SEC is, because this year he would be correct.  I just listened to a breakdown of their non-conference schedules and performance in those schedules, and both were pathetic.  

It looks like we have Georgia vs. FSU in the Orange Bowl, though.  So I guess we'll get a taste of if they belonged in the playoff.  

Non championship bowl games are a joke.    Players either opt out, or don't play as "hard" to not risk injury and hurt their NFL chances.  Especially on a team like Georgia which is loaded with them.    That game will not be a metric of anything

3 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Non championship bowl games are a joke.    Players either opt out, or don't play as "hard" to not risk injury and hurt their NFL chances.  Especially on a team like Georgia which is loaded with them.    That game will not be a metric of anything

Are you saying risk of injury trumps being a cahmpion in the Scooter's Coffee Frisco Bowl?  Imagine being able to tell your grandkids you once won that prestigious game.  

• Haha 1

Committees are meant to help decipher tie breakers.  There are 3 P5 UNDEFEATED  teams.  Now the committee ranks those 3.  Done.  Now we look at the one loss teams, they rank those next.  

Opinions on teams based on subjectivity is secondary to wins and losses on the field. 

This is football.  It’s not a beauty pageant. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, supermike80 said:

Let's say FSU beats Georgia. Michigan and Washington lose. FSU could be the only P5 unbeaten and conference champ in the country. Will they be the national champs? Nope. It's comical. Matter of fact, I hope this scenario happens.

23 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Committees are meant to help decipher tie breakers.  There are 3 P5 UNDEFEATED  teams.  Now the committee ranks those 3.  Done.  Now we look at the one loss teams, they rank those next.  

Opinions on teams based on subjectivity is secondary to wins and losses on the field. 

This football.  It’s not a beauty pageant. 

Agreed.   100%

19 minutes ago, crackattack said:

Let's say FSU beats Georgia. 

I promise you that Georgia is going to annihilate FSU. When that happens, will you change your tune? 

And if FSU beats Georgia I'll gladly admit that I was way wrong. 

2 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

According to this, Ohio St opened up as #1 in the CFB poll, but it was Georgia since Week 12.  Georgia was #1 all year (now Michigan), in the AP poll and coaches poll... until now.

I was wrong. I checked the Alabama schedule, & there's no way 5 of the opponents were ranked #1 during the year.

https://rolltide.com/sports/football/schedule/2023

7 minutes ago, League Champion said:

I promise you that Georgia is going to annihilate FSU. When that happens, will you change your tune? 

Told you...the non championship bowl games mean nothing.  Zip Zero nada.

3 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Told you...the non championship bowl games mean nothing.  Zip Zero nada.

So then the regular season means nothing as well. FSU just isn't good enough. You'll have an excuse when Georgia murders FSU

1 minute ago, League Champion said:

So then the regular season means nothing as well. FSU just isn't good enough. You'll have an excuse when Georgia murders FSU

Clearly the regular season has no point.   Just look at who got in the playoffs.  Certainly not the team that didn't lose and won their championship.

13 minutes ago, League Champion said:

No I won't. I think FSU, as I said earlier, would probably get beat bad in the BCS. But that doesn't take away from the fact they should've been in. Now we'll never know.