Sign in to follow this  
Hardcore troubadour

MLB 2024

Too bad we can't play the white sux all the time :banana:

I'm headed to the tacoma/ Vegas triple a game on Tuesday.   Any up and coming prospects worth paying attention to on either team?

5 minutes ago, God Almighty said:

I HEREBY SMITE THE ROYALS.

SO LET IT BE WRITTEN.

SO LET IT BE DONE.

:mad:

About to sweep your cheating 'Stros

41 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

About to sweep your cheating 'Stros

I'm an Angels fan.

19 minutes ago, God Almighty said:

I'm an Angels fan.

Your best player is a gambling addict and a liar.

34 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Your best player is a gambling addict and a liar.

Who? Ohtani plays for the Dodgers now.

Mike Trout is the Angels best player and he raked last year and is raking again this year, and he's clean cut. 

10 hours ago, Gepetto said:

Who? Ohtani plays for the Dodgers now.

Mike Trout is the Angels best player and he raked last year and is raking again this year, and he's clean cut. 

oh that's right shows how much I'm paying attention :lol:

12 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

I'm headed to the tacoma/ Vegas triple a game on Tuesday.   Any up and coming prospects worth paying attention to on either team?

Maybe Muncy on Vegas... but that's about it.  For both Seattle and Oakland, their best prospects are basically all on the MLB roster or in A or AA.  None have a top 5 prospect in AAA.

Paper mache Trevor Story, out for the year.  Pavetta on the shelf with elbow soreness. what is this the NFL?

9 minutes ago, edjr said:

Paper mache Trevor Story, out for the year.  Pavetta on the shelf with elbow soreness. what is this the NFL?

It's the result of analytics driving the sport.  The computer nerds pointing out that strike outs and home runs are the be-all-end-all of baseball is pushing pitchers to throw 90 in HS and only hit HR's.  From Dr. James Andrews, about UCL's and kids pitching.

Astros are promoting their top pitching prospect Spencer Arrighetti. He will debut today against the Royals!

1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

Orioles are promoting their top pitching prospect Jackson Holliday. He will debut today against the Red Sox!

FYP :)

23 minutes ago, Mookz said:

FYP :)

Your homers lineup looks tough.   Almost all the guys you have staring are players people are starting in regular fantasy lineups. 

4 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Your homers lineup looks tough.   Almost all the guys you have staring are players people are starting in regular fantasy lineups. 

Thanks!  2B was a gaping hole.  Hopefully Holliday can hit the ground running. :music_guitarred:

5 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

Astros are promoting their top pitching prospect Spencer Arrighetti. He will debut today against the Royals!

Welcome to the big leagues, kid :banana:

Starting pitching is staying hot, but this bullpen has pitched 17 consecutive scoreless innings.   2nf best run differential in baseball.  I'm liking the hire from the rays organization, who always made the most out of working with limited payrolls :thumbsup:

6 hours ago, posty said:

Royals still won’t get to 75 wins…

Bookmarked.

7-0 bottom of the first :banana:

9-0 Astros can't wait to get out of kc :banana:

Hunter brown can't get out of the first 9 runs on 11 hits with bases loaded

The weather here has been sh1t.  First week we've had with some actual baseball weather.   I took my daughter to the ku spring volleyball showcase yesterday, which is right next to the baseball stadium and they were playing.   I can't tell you how bad I wanted a beer and hotdog and just go sit in the sun and watch some baseball. 

Made me look up his stats, at the age of 20 he threw 276.2 Innings, 16 Complete Games, 268K's,  WHIP .965 and 1.53 ERA.  He averaged 7.9 Innings per start!  

2 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Made me look up his stats, at the age of 20 he threw 276.2 Innings, 16 Complete Games, 268K's,  WHIP .965 and 1.53 ERA.  He averaged 7.9 Innings per start!  

And one eight ball a night 

dude was nails in RBI baseball

Whitey Herzog passed away. Makes me remember the glory of baseball when managers had personality unlike the Fockin automatons of today beholden to their laptops. Sparky Anderson, Earl Weaver, Billy Martin, Davey Johnson and more. RIP and thanks for making it fun. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Whitey Herzog passed away. Makes me remember the glory of baseball when managers had personality unlike the Fockin automatons of today beholden to their laptops. Sparky Anderson, Earl Weaver, Billy Martin, Davey Johnson and more. RIP and thanks for making it fun. 

Preach brother. 

Nerds have ruined sports. 

8 hours ago, edjr said:

Preach brother. 

Nerds have ruined sports. 

I thought Ned Yost was good.  And I like Matt Quatraro.  I don't watch many postgame interviews other than those, but I think baseball in general as well as the personalities are still good.  It's just not as exciting when you're losing.  It would be awful to be a fan of the ChiSox right now.  

There are more teams going from worst to first quicker in baseball, but talent equity among teams is what separates NFL apart from other teams.  It seems easier to turn a team around much quicker in the NFL than other sports.  

3 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

I thought Ned Yost was good. 

I would say because he was in the Braves organization during their run in 90s and 00s helped a lot...  Learning around other top managers does help out a lot...  There have been many across baseball's history...

Went to the Red Sox last night :o  free tickets, right behind the sox dug out (vendor tix)

Less than 2 hours? Are you sh1tting me?  What a focking game to go to!! 3 hit,. complete game shutout by Tanner Ralph Houck 

Was out of Fenway by 9:10

30 minutes ago, edjr said:

Went to the Red Sox last night :o  free tickets, right behind the sox dug out (vendor tix)

Less than 2 hours? Are you sh1tting me?  What a focking game to go to!! 3 hit,. complete game shutout by Tanner Ralph Houck 

Was out of Fenway by 9:10

Good thing the tickets were free...  If one had paid full price for a less than two hour game, they should be pissed...  At least I would have been...

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, posty said:

Good thing the tickets were free...  If one had paid full price for a less than two hour game, they should be pissed...  At least I would have been...

I guess watching a complete game shutout should take as much time as usual. I don’t know how, but idiots gonna idiot. 

1 hour ago, posty said:

🤡 

16 minutes ago, edjr said:

🤡 

:)

I just like going to baseball games that are at least 2.5 hours or more...  Cool that you saw a great pitching performance, I just am never in any hurry while at the ballpark...

Went to the triple a stadium in Vegas on Tuesday.   I'm curious what they'll do with the stadium here.   I think it was built in '19 and it seems to be a great triple a park, but I can't imagine the a's can keep both clubs here.   Does the old park just sit and rot? It's located in a pretty upscale part of town. 

In 2023 the royals win their 15th game on May 23rd :mellow: