Sign in to follow this  
Hardcore troubadour

MLB 2024

Looks like Soto to the Yankees is happening.  And that means you can probably count on them getting that Jap pitcher Yamamoto.  I guess Steinbrenner realized that  they are the evil empire and need to start acting like it. 

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Looks like Soto to the Yankees is happening.  And that means you can probably count on them getting that Jap pitcher Yamamoto.  I guess Steinbrenner realized that  they are the evil empire and need to start acting like it. 

Way to much money for the Jap, Soto and Judge together is  some HR power.

Just now, BeenHereBefore said:

Way to much money for the Jap, Soto and Judge together is  some HR power.

2009 is a long time ago in Yankee years. May as well be 100 

***BREAKING***

KIMBREL TO BALTIMORE

KIMBREL TO BALTIMORE

***DEVELOPING***

Royals say they have $30M to spend, so we'll probably grab a craptastic utility player, corner OF with a 50% strikeout rate, two middle relievers and an innings eater SP who ends up with a 5+ ERA.

Also, fock the draft lottery.

And let's build a brand new shiny stadium for this crappy team :banana:

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Ohtani to Dodgers. 10 years 700 million.  

Mike Trout needs to get the hell out of here. It's a toilet of an organization. 

44 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Mike Trout needs to get the hell out of here. It's a toilet of an organization. 

It’s not like they don’t spend money. Rendon, Pujols. Zero front line pitching.  

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It’s not like they don’t spend money. Rendon, Pujols. Zero front line pitching.  

sounds like the yankees

23 minutes ago, edjr said:

sounds like the yankees

Cole.  

Shohei Ohtani signs $700 million 10 year contract with the LA Dodgers! The highest guaranteed contract in the history of all sports.

That’s just a ridiculous amount of money , sports can use a boycott 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Cole.  

Pretty sure you need more than 1

6 hours ago, edjr said:

Pretty sure you need more than 1

Pretty sure it’s more than zero. 

Right-hander Seth Lugo and the Kansas City Royals are in agreement on a three-year, $45.

Jeff Passan - The Royals vowed to spend this winter, and Lugo gets one of the biggest free agent deals they've given to a pitcher. They've got plenty more to do to get competitive and should add at least one more starter in a market full of them.

Lugi had a 3.57 ERA in 26 starts with 140 strikeouts in 146 1⁄3 innings for the Padres this year, his first season as a full-time starter since 2017. He went at least five innings in 22 of his 26 starts and averaged 5.6 innings-per start.

Lugo is a strike-thrower.  His 6 percent walk rate was the 19th-lowest among all pitchers with at least 100 innings. Lugo has a five-pitch mix with a fastball, curveball, sinker, slider, and change up. The sinker was his best pitch last year, with opponents hitting just .206 against it, and he netted a groundball rate of 45.2 percent.

The Royals reportedly pursued Lugo last off-season before he signed a one-year, $7.5 million deal with the Padres.

Someone else to draft in Homers! :banana:

• Thanks 1

On 12/10/2023 at 2:28 AM, Hardcore troubadour said:

Pretty sure it’s more than zero. 

I only get to see the pathetic red sox slap him around. not impressed 

Just now, edjr said:

I only get to see the pathetic red sox slap him around. not impressed 

He just won the Cy Young. 

Royals after a new downtown stadium, and can't really, really suck. 

From Jeff Passan:  Between a two-year, $13 million deal with outfielder Hunter Renfroe and the Wacha deal, the Royals now have committed $105 million in free agent dollars to Renfroe, Wacha, Lugo, Stratton, Smith and Hampson.

Now….extend Witt! :banana:

Why even play? Give the Dodgers the trophy. 

See you after Dr. Death sells the Red Sox

:banana: :banana: :banana:

The Kansas City Royals announced today that they have agreed to the biggest contract in franchise history with shortstop Bobby Witt Jr., a 14-year agreement that includes 11 years guaranteed.  Jeff Passan reports that it’s for $288.7 million.   

2 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

The Kansas City Royals announced today that they have agreed to the biggest contract in franchise history with shortstop Bobby Witt Jr., a 14-year agreement that includes 11 years guaranteed.  Jeff Passan reports that it’s for $288.7 million.   

:cheers:

Hopefully the Red Sux sign Trevor bauer

On 2/5/2024 at 1:46 PM, cmh6476 said:

:lol:   Aka what Ohnati is making in 4 years 

11 minutes ago, edjr said:

:lol:   Aka what Ohnati is making in 4 years 

who cares?  When was the last time the Royals signed someone with so much potential, at such a young age for such a long commitment?  BWJ is on pace through his first couple years to be something really special in KC.  A premium hitter with speed and quickness that can play defense at a premium position.  You can't ask for much more than that.

1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

who cares?  When was the last time the Royals signed someone with so much potential, at such a young age for such a long commitment?  BWJ is on pace through his first couple years to be something really special in KC.  A premium hitter with speed and quickness that can play defense at a premium position.  You can't ask for much more than that.

As a Cleveland fan I'm angry, sad, and jealous all at once. I wish Cleveland would spend like this on great young talent, and yes, BWJ can be elite. He already kind of is. Good job by KC.

1 minute ago, crackattack said:

As a Cleveland fan I'm angry, sad, and jealous all at once. I wish Cleveland would spend like this on great young talent, and yes, BWJ can be elite. He already kind of is. Good job by KC.

What do you think of Bo Naylor? 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

What do you think of Bo Naylor? 

I like him. He's got top 10 type production for catchers in him imo. He'd be one I'd like to see extended. His brother too. 

5 minutes ago, crackattack said:

I like him. He's got top 10 type production for catchers in him imo. He'd be one I'd like to see extended. His brother too. 

I’m counting on him.  Not many AL catchers out there worth a damn. They wasted half a season with Zunnino last year. 

15 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I’m counting on him.  Not many AL catchers out there worth a damn. They wasted half a season with Zunnino last year. 

He's young. I also wouldn't be surprised if he hits a little bit of a sophomore slump this year either. He's got tons of potential though. They wanted some thump in the lineup and Zunnino was cheap, but yes, wasted time. Us fans wanted him starting from day 1.

14 minutes ago, crackattack said:

He's young. I also wouldn't be surprised if he hits a little bit of a sophomore slump this year either. He's got tons of potential though. They wanted some thump in the lineup and Zunnino was cheap, but yes, wasted time. Us fans wanted him starting from day 1.

Does Beiber get dealt if he’s looking good? 

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Does Beiber get dealt if he’s looking good? 

I think so. Cleveland is loaded with good young pitchers. Look for Clase to possibly get moved also. Been talk all off-season about a Beiber/Clase package for a power hitting outfielder.

4 minutes ago, crackattack said:

I think so. Cleveland is loaded with good young pitchers. Look for Clase to possibly get moved also. Been talk all off-season about a Beiber/Clase package for a power hitting outfielder.

Be nice to see McKenzie rebound. He’s so slight it’s nit surprising he was hurt though.