TommyGavin

NFL screwing up ?

yes.  I just sent this to my season ticket holder email address contact:

This is a travesty.  Not for me, I'll manage.  In addition to being a STM, even if I were to stay home I'm able to get the subscription to watch if I needed to.

But this is a disservice to your community of St. Joseph.  Imagine all the dads and granddads who have been with you since the 70's and 80's, diehard Chiefs fans who have been with you through all the highs and lows.  They have spent many afternoons and evenings at Arrowhead over the years.  They watch their Chiefs faithfully.  But maybe they don't have a Smart TV.  They probably don't have any sort of internet connection.  They definitely don't know how to navigate a subscription with Peacock.  And that's who you are forgetting.  In an age when we are rightfully focused on equity, diversity and inclusion, this decision is at it's core, disproportionately impacting your aging Americans.  And I hope you understand the impact of this.

Sincerely, 

STM #16630339

https://www.newspressnow.com/news/local_news/chiefs-playoff-game-will-not-be-aired-locally/article_b430a740-af02-11ee-986f-7f3b50442548.html

60  miles away from Arrowhead and all the 60k local fans depending on the local broadcast are going to have to deal with it.

21 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

yes.  I just sent this to my season ticket holder email address contact:

https://www.newspressnow.com/news/local_news/chiefs-playoff-game-will-not-be-aired-locally/article_b430a740-af02-11ee-986f-7f3b50442548.html

60  miles away from Arrowhead and all the 60k local fans depending on the local broadcast are going to have to deal with it.

My aunt and uncle are die hard Chiefs fans living in Tahlequah, OK.  I should ask them if they're getting screwed by this, though they seem pretty tech savvy and can definitely afford Peacock. 

When I got married back in 1994 we had an after party at the hotel since we had an afternoon ceremony.   Will never forget my uncle swapping his KC sweatshirt with my buddy wearing a Bills sweatshirt.  :thumbsup:

Asked my friend a few years ago if he still had it and he said "fock no, I fatted myself out it a long time ago!" 

The NFL is more concerned with money than diehard fans. Teams too. They would rather fill the stadiums with deep pocketed corporate accounts than diehard fans that can't cough up the same amounts of money.

On 12/23/2023 at 7:08 PM, League Champion said:

Looks like I do have acock, I had no idea 😊

Did anyone 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

• Haha 1

Texted w my aunt and gave her a heads up.  She ended up getting sign in credentials from her daughter.

Thanks @cmh6476for reminding me about how it will impact older KC fans outside local broadcast region. They probably would've figured it out on their own but it sounds like I at least saved them some stress.

1 hour ago, DonS said:

Texted w my aunt and gave her a heads up.  She ended up getting sign in credentials from her daughter.

Thanks @cmh6476for reminding me about how it will impact older KC fans outside local broadcast region. They probably would've figured it out on their own but it sounds like I at least saved them some stress.

:thumbsup:

On 12/23/2023 at 8:37 AM, TommyGavin said:

All these alternate/ exclusive viewings. Games on Amazon prime and now peacock ?? WTF. Who pays for peacock ????

Heehee I said peaCOCK twice. 

All TV used to be free with large companies paying for advertising to make the model work.

Then some channels became "Premium" - with no commercials, funded by the subscription cost.

Now, it's the best of both worlds.  Pay for a subscription, and get commercials.

There are sooooo many avenues of viewing, that advertisers aren't spending as much at each one, therefore, less revenue, therefore end users must foot some of the bill with subscription costs. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TommyGavin said:

Stream it

What if they don't have internet or a smart phone and want to watch this game for some reason?

13 hours ago, tubby_mcgee said:

All TV used to be free with large companies paying for advertising to make the model work.

Then some channels became "Premium" - with no commercials, funded by the subscription cost.

Now, it's the best of both worlds.  Pay for a subscription, and get commercials.

There are sooooo many avenues of viewing, that advertisers aren't spending as much at each one, therefore, less revenue, therefore end users must foot some of the bill with subscription costs. 

One of the many reason I switched to streaming years back was no commercials. Now these damn streaming companies are getting so greedy that most are adding commercials We all should not subscribe and go back to cable. Won't happen but would love to see them get taught a lesson in greed.