WhiteWonder

*** 2024 Draft and Season Discussion ***

Happy New Year! Early thread to make sure everyone is returning or get a jump start on finding any replacements if needed. 

⚾ :cheers:

Happy New Year! 

In. :bandana:

Happy New Year

Jays missed on Ohtani, probably out on Bellinger

But I'm in. Probably not giving up in them yet.  ;)

In.  BUT......looks like I'm moving to the LA area, so I'll probably be switching my team to the Dodgers.

Kidding!  ##### the Dodgers!!!!

• Like 1

In with a whole bunch of new players to choose from.

League is renewed let me know who I need to boot

can i get an eta on draft so I can add research to my todo list? :bench:

45 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

can i get an eta on draft so I can add research to my todo list? :bench:

Last year we started on 3/6.  Year before that it was 3/20. :) 

I just need to know what MLB teams are locked in. I assume same from last year.   

This is going to be a hell of a tough year for Tampa in terms of fantasy, I think. Between the Franco stuff, McClanahan injury, and the teams utter refusal to make any sort of big splash (not that they really need to),....

as mentioned in another thread, just glad they flipped Glasnow to an unowned team and brought Pepiot back in return as exclusive. 

Have been updating my spreadsheet and getting amped for the season :thumbsup:

On 2/2/2024 at 1:51 PM, Mookz said:

Last year we started on 3/6.  Year before that it was 3/20. :) 

So I'd think the Regular Season with the Seoul Series between LA and SD in Korea would probably put us wanting to start that first week in March.  This group has shown to get a draft done in a week or so, set and evaluate and to into the Supplemental around Friday 15th and be GTG for the 20th start.  Not sure if that gives "extra" games to the SD/LA players that first week but certainly they won't have those games later in the year at some point either.
https://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/gamedates

:
Week 1:
Start: Wednesday, Mar 20, 2024
End: Sunday, Apr 7, 2024

Angels, BlueJays, Braves, Cardinals, Mets, Orioles, Padres, Rangers, Rays, RedSox, Royals, Tigers
teams represented since no changes noted

2 hours ago, GuardBum said:

So I'd think the Regular Season with the Seoul Series between LA and SD in Korea would probably put us wanting to start that first week in March.  This group has shown to get a draft done in a week or so, set and evaluate and to into the Supplemental around Friday 15th and be GTG for the 20th start.  Not sure if that gives "extra" games to the SD/LA players that first week but certainly they won't have those games later in the year at some point either.
https://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/gamedates

:
Week 1:
Start: Wednesday, Mar 20, 2024
End: Sunday, Apr 7, 2024

Oh fock, they doin' that ###### again? :angry:

Any reason not to roll bones nice and early? :ninja:

14 hours ago, Mookz said:

I've been thinking the same thing this week.

On 2/14/2024 at 3:30 PM, Mookz said:

I like it. Knowing where I'm drafting helps compile my rankings by position and by who has played for which team.

We can roll the bones this Monday 2/19 if you guys want. 

Potential Draft start date of Monday 3/4?  with the supplemental starting 3/15 or 3/18 at the LATEST depending how fast the draft goes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

We could start doing our exclusives anytime I would think 

No need to list exclusives until draft threads are all up. I’ll work on that tomorrow and then people can start filling in from round 26 forward 

Bones have been rolled, draft order is set and draft round threads are ready. 

:cheers:

• Like 1

Woof

8/12 teams rolled bones under 50..... under 38 to be exact. Has to be some kind of record for poor dice rolling. 

@RaiderHaters Revenge  hey bro.  Not to be annoying but if you don't mind following the pick format     Name, Position, Team   it makes it a lot easier for me to copy and paste  :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, WhiteWonder said:

@RaiderHaters Revenge  hey bro.  Not to be annoying but if you don't mind following the pick format     Name, Position, Team   it makes it a lot easier for me to copy and paste  :thumbsup:

Ok I’ll fix it.  It’s really hard to do it not on my desktop 

• Like 1

Im itchy to draft but trying to remind myself that this is one of the most fun leagues, savor the process :lol:

plus lets see who gets injured before next monday 

And since I am bored, I will throw out the idea of expanding the league back to 14 teams for next year....

We defintely have a good thing going with our current 12. Everyone is active and aware. Definitely don't want owners for the sake of having more owners... we might end up with a repeat of CDub :rolleyes:...  or even TommyGavin (I forget his old username) who was an absentee Mets owner for a season or two. But it's always seemed weird that there is no Yankee or Philly representation. RIP Ted, but no Dodgers rep is weird too. Would be cool to see another small market team represented as well. 

The Geek club is a cesspool. I got lucky finally hitting on RHR joining the league. That puts me at a .333 average for geek club invites. :lol:

It would probably have to be friends/family. 

Maybe it's best to just stick with what is working.  Curious what others think

3 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

And since I am bored, I will throw out the idea of expanding the league back to 14 teams for next year....

We defintely have a good thing going with our current 12. Everyone is active and aware. Definitely don't want owners for the sake of having more owners... we might end up with a repeat of CDub :rolleyes:...  or even TommyGavin (I forget his old username) who was an absentee Mets owner for a season or two. But it's always seemed weird that there is no Yankee or Philly representation. RIP Ted, but no Dodgers rep is weird too. Would be cool to see another small market team represented as well. 

The Geek club is a cesspool. I got lucky finally hitting on RHR joining the league. That puts me at a .333 average for geek club invites. :lol:

It would probably have to be friends/family. 

Maybe it's best to just stick with what is working.  Curious what others think

I was just thiking the same thing as I was doing research, and agree.

I also did my team in excel this time, rather than starting from scratch every year.  I added all the teams my guys have played with, so hopefully will be easier to simply update next year.

52 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

I was just thiking the same thing as I was doing research, and agree.

I also did my team in excel this time, rather than starting from scratch every year.  I added all the teams my guys have played with, so hopefully will be easier to simply update next year.

You agree on possibly expanding or just keeping it how we are? I don’t think I really took a stance in my post, hahaha. 

I’ve had a spreadsheet for several seasons now and I know dcb uses one for the Mets (because I sent him my template 😂)

I think 14 would be a good number to get back to

League started the very first year with 16.  Wasn't sustainable.  14 went well for a long time.  While it'd be great, I do think a lot of us are in different points in our lives and getting to and sustaining 14 might be tough year to year.

5 hours ago, GuardBum said:

League started the very first year with 16.  Wasn't sustainable.  14 went well for a long time.  While it'd be great, I do think a lot of us are in different points in our lives and getting to and sustaining 14 might be tough year to year.

I would only be interested in it personally if we were adding 2 quality owners. It's very hard to find someone from FFToday... as i mentioned before, I only had luck with RHR and whiffed big time on CDub and Gavin.... 

some of our best, more recent additions were bbascom (someones friend I think?) and dcb (my brother) 

the losses of Ted and 29 Guests were sad, even though 29 Guests would go mia from time to time. :(

8 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

some of our best, more recent additions were bbascom (someones friend I think?) and dcb (my brother) 

the losses of Ted and 29 Guests were sad, even though 29 Guests would go mia from time to time. :(

I recruited bbascom.  Sorry about that again (j/k) and he's definitively better then edjr was with the Sox.
Ted is/was a very sad loss. 29G? like you said, mia a lot but a cool cat.