Sign in to follow this  
seafoam1

Big year for QBs in the draft

And a lot of needy teams. 

Bears could trade down to #2, then trade down to #3, then trade down to #4, then pick Bowers at #4, and the best QB at #9 in Bo Nix.

Then have possibly 4 #1 picks next year. All high picks. 

• Haha 1

Why, why should the Bears be given the opportunity to destroy another drafted qbs career, I think they should only be allowed to pick up f/a like the Minshew of the world.  Dear Bears please don’t ruined another young QBs career.  Shame on you Bears.  

20 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

And a lot of needy teams. 

Bears could trade down to #2, then trade down to #3, then trade down to #4, then pick Bowers at #4, and the best QB at #9 in Bo Nix.

Then have possibly 4 #1 picks next year. All high picks. 

Yea that seems plausible.  

Bears are in a really interesting position.  They could theoretically trade a top 5 pick to a needy team, replacing it in the same draft and gaining another high pick in the subsequent draft, indefinitely.

2 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Yea that seems plausible.  

Probably not. But it's possible

1 minute ago, MLCKAA said:

Bears are in a really interesting position.  They could theoretically trade a top 5 pick to a needy team, replacing it in the same draft and gaining another high pick in the subsequent draft, indefinitely.

This would be the year to pull it off. 

2 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Probably not. But it's possible

They arent trading 3 times back a pick.  Lol.  

I understand they have some options but thats far fetched.  

Just now, seafoam1 said:

This would be the year to pull it off. 

They could keep doing it for years until the time comes that they have a player they really wanna draft with the extra pick.

Passing on Williams or Maye to stockpile more picks would be insane. At some point you need to take a shot at a franchise QB despite the risk he doesn’t work out. Coming out of this draft with a TE and Bo Nix would be a calamity.

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

They arent trading 3 times back a pick.  Lol.  

I understand they have some options but thats far fetched.  

It is far fetched, but Poles does value a lot of picks. And as a Bears fan, I can only wish they get as much as they can to build the team. 

2 minutes ago, MLCKAA said:

They could keep doing it for years until the time comes that they have a player they really wanna draft with the extra pick.

Lol

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

Passing on Williams or Maye to stockpile more picks would be insane. At some point you need to take a shot at a franchise QB despite the risk he doesn’t work out. Coming out of this draft with a TE and Bo Nix would be a calamity.

Maye.  He’s the one.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

I don't know how they feel about Williams.  But odds wise the most likely thing is they stay at 1 and draft him.  

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

Williams literally ran into the crowd and cried in his mom's lap this year when they lost again.

No clue if he'll grow up quick or not, but holy hell that was disturbing. . 

• Like 1

Just now, listen2me 23 said:

Did the keep Fields chants dry up?

Who chanted that? And is your Bears hatred oozing out?

8 minutes ago, MLCKAA said:

They did pretty well with getting DJ Moore and Darnell Wright and Stevenson and the first pick of the 2024 draft last year. :dunno:

17 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Who chanted that? And is your Bears hatred oozing out?

I saw a lot of people saying they should keep fields.  Tons.  

33 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

The Bears have a world of options.  Watching them this off season will be fascinating.

Issue is the Bears have been very adept at screwing up.  So this will definitely be interesting

Just now, listen2me 23 said:

I saw a lot of people saying they should keep fields.  Tons.  

There are a lot. But there are a lot fans in every fan base and they don't always agree. I'll root for Fields wherever goes. He's a seriously good guy and a true hard worker. 

But the Bears are in a position to really build their whole team. 

2 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Issue is the Bears have been very adept at screwing up.  So this will definitely be interesting

True. But how did Poles screw up last year?

25 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Williams literally ran into the crowd and cried in his mom's lap this year when they lost again.

No clue if he'll grow up quick or not, but holy hell that was disturbing. . 

If duh Bears think Maye is the guy they should take him. Getting cute and kicking the can down the road is a dumb strategy.

It seems so simple right? Just take the QB, but the Bears will find a way to outsmart themselves again. 

College Q.B.'s are a crap shoot.  They have a Q.B. who has shown improvement and promise.  Use this draft to surround him with Offensive linemen and some dynamic playmakers at W.R. and or T.E. and see what the kid has truely got.  Fields with a line and some weapons or Williams with neither.  I would go fields.

BTW, if they started properly using Kmet and Big Bob Tonyan that cluld be a dynamic duo.

7 minutes ago, MDC said:

If duh Bears think Maye is the guy they should take him. Getting cute and kicking the can down the road is a dumb strategy.

SF has a Mr. Irrelavent as QB and are competing because they have a great team. And they are in the mix this year. 

4 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Collegee Q.B.'s are a crap shoot.  They have a Q.B. who has shown improvement and promise.  Use this draft to surround him with Offensive linemen and some dynamic playmakers at w.r. and or t.e. and see what the kid has truely got.  fields with a line and some weapons or Williams with neither.

I lean this way but trust Poles. 

5 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Collegee Q.B.'s are a crap shoot.  They have a Q.B. who has shown improvement and promise.  Use this draft to surround him with Offensive linemen and some dynamic playmakers at w.r. and or t.e. and see what the kid has truely got.  fields with a line and some weapons or Williams with neither.

As a Packers fan I am totally for this!

6 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

It seems so simple right? Just take the QB, but the Bears will find a way to outsmart themselves again. 

sure. :rolleyes:

9 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Also this narrative is hilarious.   Their OL might not be very good.  But weapons?  

DJ More is a 1st round pick.  Fields cant throw yet Moore almost had 1400 yds on the year.  The backup QB was in for weeks.  

Kmet is a 2nd round TE.  He finished as the 7th fantasy TE.  

Mooney is a former 1000 yard WR.  

3 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Their OL might not be very good.  But weapons?  

Fields isn't good enough 

9 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

SF has a Mr. Irrelavent as QB and are competing because they have a great team. And they are in the mix this year. 

SF has an elite coach and supporting cast and hit the QB Powerball. Chicago’s odds of repeating that success are astronomically low. 

3 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Fields isn't good enough 

I agree.  Idk how anyone can come to the conclusion that they have a QB but dont have any weapons. 

Is anything short of chase higgins boyd and mixon not enough weapons?

4 minutes ago, MDC said:

SF has an elite coach and supporting cast and hit the QB Powerball. Chicago’s odds of repeating that success are astronomically low. 

opinion based on being sad...

2 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

I mean 9ers situation is one of a kind.  Trying to replicate that seems a bit optimistic.   

They also have had a top defense.  

7 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

I agree.  Idk how anyone can come to the conclusion that they have a QB but dont have any weapons. 

Is anything short of chase higgins boyd and mixon not enough weapons?

This may be their only chance to draft a true franchise QB. I find it hard to believe that they'd trade out of 1. 

6 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

This may be their only chance to draft a true franchise QB. I find it hard to believe that they'd trade out of 1. 

Who will be the golden QB this year? Carolina sold their soul on Bryce Young last year.

Everyone thinks they are they are the smartest at picking QBs. Some simply get lucky.

22 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Also this narrative is hilarious.   Their OL might not be very good.  But weapons?  

DJ More is a 1st round pick.  Fields cant throw yet Moore almost had 1400 yds on the year.  The backup QB was in for weeks.  

Kmet is a 2nd round TE.  He finished as the 7th fantasy TE.  

Mooney is a former 1000 yard WR.  

Bill Schroeder was a 1000 yard reciever yet he was not really a weapon.  DJ Moore has always underperformed his promise, though he has some promise.  Kmet needs to be used more, along with Big Bob Tonyan.  That could maybe happen if the Bears had an o-line.

As a Packer fan I hope the Bears become impatient again and scrap their plan and move in a new direction with Williams.  I am glad the packers did not get impatient with Love who i defended from the start.

23 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Fields isn't good enough 

Hurts, Prescott, Love, and Allen were not good enough.  Nobody wanted Purdy or Brady or back in the day Starr or Unitas.  Ryan Leaf was a sure fire hof as was Todd Marinovich and more recently Sam Darnold and really anybody drafted by the Jets.

Give Fields time and support, 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

That’s not an opinion. More than half of the starting QBs in the league were drafted in Round 1.