Hardcore troubadour

NFL Free Agency/ Draft 2024

2 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Need a quarterback versus fields would be an upgrade? I’d say it’s well over 60%

Well, many teams don't know if they have their future QB or not, I'm just differentiating  the one's who are expecting to get a new QB to be their QB1 next year. 

3 minutes ago, Fnord said:

Why you gotta remind people of this? Fockin fudge packers. Fock them and their drunk, entitled fans.

Yet the only have one more Super Bowl win in the last 40 years. 

15 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Rex Grossman = Aaron Rodgers in conference championship wins.

Oh boy, over all those years Rodgers has 1 SB win. Good for him. He has as many as Jim McMahon. Packer fans are desperate.

The Bears are a rising team. They have been doing everything right over the past couple years. Whatever Poles does at this point is fine with me. 

1 minute ago, seafoam1 said:

Rex Grossman = Aaron Rodgers in conference championship wins.

Oh boy, over all those years Rodgers has 1 SB win. Good for him. He has as many as Jim McMahon. Packer fans are desperate.

The Bears are a rising team. They have been doing everything right over the past couple years. Whatever Poles does at this point is fine with me. 

Ha agreed. I think you can justify going either way. Like I said Eileen towards letting him go, because I don’t think the team is really that close to contending

2 hours ago, MDC said:

Fields will net the Bears a Day 2 pick and maybe a highly conditional pick. 

Chicago fans must have quarterback PTSD. Williams is the right pick. I’ll laugh if they do anything else at 1.

Agree, it's going to happen. Anyone who thinks they should keep Fields and trade 1.01 is insane. 

8 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Agree, it's going to happen. Anyone who thinks they should keep Fields and trade 1.01 is insane. 

Ya because last year didnt work at all moving the first pick. (Eyeroll)

1 minute ago, cyclone24 said:

Ya because last year didnt work at all moving the first pick. (Eyeroll)

Was Caleb Williams in last years draft? 

5 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Was Caleb Williams in last years draft? 

Ahhh my god people have people built this dude up to such unrealistic levels.

He was like 10th in most categories last year. 

Ahhh my god people have people built this dude up to such unrealistic levels.

He was like 10th in most categories last year. 

Do you have 2 eyeballs in your head? If you do then you'd see that his game translates better to today's NFL than College. 

Remember a guy named Patrick Mahomes? Put their college tape side by side, they are frighteningly similar in every aspect. 

Seriously, go YouTube Caleb Williams, he's going to be very very special. 

3 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Do you have 2 eyeballs in your head? If you do then you'd see that his game translates better to today's NFL than College. 

Remember a guy named Patrick Mahomes? Put their college tape side by side, they are frighteningly similar in every aspect. 

Seriously, go YouTube Caleb Williams, he's going to be very very special. 

Ahhh the no brainer Mahomes that 9 teams passed on it was so obvious? 

You know who else looked elite in college? Deshaun Watson…drafted right after mahomes. This assumption that he’s just a no-brainer Patrick Mahomes is just comical.

2 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Ahhh the no brainer Mahomes that 9 teams passed on it was so obvious? 

You know who else looked elite in college? Deshaun Watson…drafted right after mahomes. This assumption that he’s just a no-brainer Patrick Mahomes is just comical.

Ok genius, so pass on the highest rated QB to come out in years and keep Justin Fields who BLOWS! What can I tell ya? 

5 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Ok genius, so pass on the highest rated QB to come out in years and keep Justin Fields who BLOWS! What can I tell ya? 

How much "worse" do you think Fields is than Hurts?

I'd weigh all options if I was Poles.  Does trading Fields give me the option to build a better team around Williams? Or does trading down give me the ability to build a better team around Fields? Because both are so unproven at this point, they probably should defer to the choice that helps them put the most talent on the field around either QB.

Just now, cmh6476 said:

How much "worse" do you think Fields is than Hurts?

Seriously? It's not even close. Forget about talent, Jalen Hurts has the temperament, leadership abilities and nothing bothers him. He never panics. 

Fields on the other hand, his body language is terrible, he sucks in big spots, gets flustered, etc. The performance speaks for itself. 

Talent wise, Fields can't throw it in the ocean and hit water. He can run though, that's it. 

You can't compare the 2. 

4 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

What is everyone's infatuation with Justin Fields? He's done nothing 

Again, last 20 games he has the same numbers as Lamar Jackson, with even more rushing yards. But Fields sucks but no question that WILLIAMS is a generational talent because he finished just inside the top 10 in most categories. Got it

let me guess he passes the completely immeasurable eye test?

3 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Again, last 20 games he has the same numbers as Lamar Jackson, with even more rushing yards. But Fields sucks but no question that WILLIAMS is a generational talent because he finished just inside the top 10 in most categories. Got it

let me guess he passes the completely immeasurable eye test?

Keeping Justin Fields and passing on Caleb Williams will get a GM fired 10 out of 10.times. 

That's EXACTLY why The Bears will be drafting Caleb Williams. 

24 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Seriously? It's not even close. Forget about talent, Jalen Hurts has the temperament, leadership abilities and nothing bothers him. He never panics. 

Fields on the other hand, his body language is terrible, he sucks in big spots, gets flustered, etc. The performance speaks for itself. 

Talent wise, Fields can't throw it in the ocean and hit water. He can run though, that's it. 

You can't compare the 2. 

I feel like the bears roster sucks in general where the eagles doesn't do its difficult to compare the two.   And honestly, it was simply a question.  Plus none of the guys being discussed are Mahomes :dunno:

8 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

I feel like the bears roster sucks in general where the eagles doesn't do its difficult to compare the two.   And honestly, it was simply a question.  Plus none of the guys being discussed are Mahomes :dunno:

Fields is just not good. He's a great fantasy QB but he blows in real life. 

Calm down Homer Boy, nobody said he's Mahomes. They share a lot of similar traits and a very similar skill set, that's all. 

And that's not me saying it, that's from scouts. You can read 

1 hour ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Fields is just not good. He's a great fantasy QB but he blows in real life. 

Calm down Homer Boy, nobody said he's Mahomes. They share a lot of similar traits and a very similar skill set, that's all. 

And that's not me saying it, that's from scouts. You can read 

I'm just saying we don't know the difference between fields and caleb so might as well try and build the best team with either of them as your option

7 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

I'm just saying we don't know the difference between fields and caleb so might as well try and build the best team with either of them as your option

We do know the difference because the college profile, skill set and projections are way higher for Caleb Williams than they were for Fields coming out of college. In this 2024 draft, Fields would be taken mid-late second round pick, at best. 

Again, that's not just me saying it. This comes from scouts, former scouts and former NFL executives. If your Comp is Patrick Mahomes, you're doing something right. 

11 hours ago, cyclone24 said:

Lmao

Carolina's team blows and they fired their coach after like 10 games.  Whys everyone say Bryce is a bust?  Yet Fields gets all the excuses?  Same people have already written Bryce off.  Weird.  

Bears fans:  fields is good.  I think he can easily be a franchise QB.  Hes comparable to Lamar Jackson!

Also Bears fans: I think really we should trade Fields.   We aren't close we won 7 games.  We should sign Russ Wilson like dopes and roll the dice that we have a spot to get a guy in the mid 1st 2 years from now!

Lmao

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

Carolina's team blows and they fired their coach after like 10 games.  Whys everyone say Bryce is a bust?  Yet Fields gets all the excuses?  Same people have already written Bryce off.  Weird.  

Yeah, I don't get the Fields excuses. Real life football is not fantasy football, maybe they confuse the 2 worlds. He may be one of the worse decision makers that I've ever seen at QB. I can't tell you how many times that Mooney was wide open and Fields didn't even look his way, same with Kmet. 

I won't go as far to say that Bryce is a bust, but his size always worried me. If you're going to play QB at that size then you better be otherworldly. I don't see it but there's plenty of time for him to prove me wrong. 

36 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Yeah, I don't get the Fields excuses. Real life football is not fantasy football, maybe they confuse the 2 worlds. He may be one of the worse decision makers that I've ever seen at QB. I can't tell you how many times that Mooney was wide open and Fields didn't even look his way, same with Kmet. 

I won't go as far to say that Bryce is a bust, but his size always worried me. If you're going to play QB at that size then you better be otherworldly. I don't see it but there's plenty of time for him to prove me wrong. 

Oh I too think Bryce is ehhhh.

Just using him as 1 example of countless.  So many "busts" are drafted and play on bad teams.  People like cyclone just toss them on thr heap oh bust.  Yet Fields gets the excuse.  Oh his team isn't good.  (They won 7 games and 4 games were started by an updrafted rookie from Shepard College).  

I give Bears fans a break.  They have no idea what good QB play looks like.  

9 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

give Bears fans a break.  They have no idea what good QB play looks like

Truth 

2 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

Bears fans:  fields is good.  I think he can easily be a franchise QB.  Hes comparable to Lamar Jackson!

Also Bears fans: I think really we should trade Fields.   We aren't close we won 7 games.  We should sign Russ Wilson like dopes and roll the dice that we have a spot to get a guy in the mid 1st 2 years from now!

Lmao

Both can be true. He could be a franchise quarterback, but the timing may not work out to pay him a boatload of money on a team that’s not quite there. Then you’re just hamstrung with a big contract on a  average team.

Again, one more Super Bowl in the last 40 years than the Bears. But y’all act like you’re just racking up titles over the last half century. But yeah good quarterbacks though. Too bad you guys wasted them. Love will just be the next one

5 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Both can be true. He could be a franchise quarterback, but the timing may not work out to pay him a boatload of money on a team that’s not quite there. Then you’re just hamstrung with a big contract on a  average team.

Again, one more Super Bowl in the last 40 years than the Bears. But y’all act like you’re just racking up titles over the last half century. But yeah good quarterbacks though. Too bad you guys wasted them. Love will just be the next one

How much exactly do you think it would take to resign him right now?  You act like hes in line for top 5 money.  

So hes a franchise QB but hes not worth paying even a decsnt contract to?  

Your logic is so odd, honestly.  

2 more SBs in the last 38 years.  Not everyone can be a Pats dynasty.   Its actually fun knowing your team has a chance each season.  Its fun watching winning football year in and year out.  But of course you Bears fans with 1 title in your existence want to make it all about titles.  Bears fans would give their left nut to see half the success thr Packers have seen over the last few decades.  But you guys have to hang onto something.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

How much exactly do you think it would take to resign him right now?  You act like hes in line for top 5 money.  

So hes a franchise QB but hes not worth paying even a decsnt contract to?  

Your logic is so odd, honestly.  

2 more SBs in the last 38 years.  Not everyone can be a Pats dynasty.   Its actually fun knowing your team has a chance each season.  Its fun watching winning football year in and year out.  But of course you Bears fans with 1 title in your existence want to make it all about titles.  Bears fans would give their left nut to see half the success thr Packers have seen over the last few decades.  But you guys have to hang onto something.  

Yeah, it’s so odd that it’s all anybody is talking about whether they should re-sign him because they know he’s going to need a big contract versus let him go because the team isn’t ready to contend. I mean it literally is the basis of why people are talking about it.

I can’t even remember the last time the Packers had a team where it was realistic They were going to win. At least you kept in this NFC championship game instead of getting Boat raced like the last two. 

12 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Yeah, it’s so odd that it’s all anybody is talking about whether they should re-sign him because they know he’s going to need a big contract versus let him go because the team isn’t ready to contend. I mean it literally is the basis of why people are talking about it.

I can’t even remember the last time the Packers had a team where it was realistic They were going to win. At least you kept in this NFC championship game instead of getting Boat raced like the last two. 

Right.  But if hes a franchise QB you give him a contract.  Its not some reset thr market deal.  But instead you say he is good but want to just roll thr dice 2 years from now at pick 15.  

You act like its a total crapshoot drafting a QB.  But then think the guy you have is good.  But dont want him. 

It's illogical.  

Evwry year almost it felt like thr Packers had a shot.  This is where you make fun of NFCG losses like a dopey Bears fans.  Then you all would go bonkers to be in that spot each year.  

Over last however many years GB has been one of the more successful and fun to watch teams in the league.  

You sound like exactly what you are.  A salty Bears fan watching your team lose each year to the Packers.

This year was the year.  Bears fans and players alike were so confident.   Ohh GB gets a taste of not having a QB!   Everyone talking crap.  Well GB beat thr crap out of them both meetings.  I know it stings.  

12 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

At least you kept in this NFC championship game instead of getting Boat raced like the last two. 

Bears SB each year is regular season Packers games.  And they lose most of them, many of them badly.  Even when GB changes QBs and has youngest team in the league.  

I understand dopey bears fans have to hang onto something tho.  

Its your other SB right now.  The offseason.  Yay we pick high again!

Just now, listen2me 23 said:

Right.  But if hes a franchise QB you give him a contract.  Its not some reset thr market deal.  But instead you say he is good but want to just roll thr dice 2 years from now at pick 15.  

You act like its a total crapshoot drafting a QB.  But then think the guy you have is good.  But dont want him. 

It's illogical.  

Evwry year almost it felt like thr Packers had a shot.  This is where you make fun of NFCG losses like a dopey Bears fans.  Then you all would go bonkers to be in that spot each year.  

Over last however many years GB has been one of the more successful and fun to watch teams in the league.  

You sound like exactly what you are.  A salty Bears fan watching your team lose each year to the Packers.

This year was thd year.  Bears fans and playrrs alike were so confident.   Ohh GB gets a twste of not having a QB!   Everyone talking crap.  Well GB beat thr crap out of thdm both meetings.  I know it stings.  

Not really. It’s your Super Bowl every year. 
You guys are the Nebraska fans of the NFL always thinking you’re far better than what you actually are. 

Reset the market? Gosh it’s so weird where have I kept hearing that over and over and over again this off-season? Oh that’s right the Bears with fields. So yeah, it kind of is a reset the market deal. 
I don’t know what he wants for a contract. He could be crazy and want 30 million a year. He could be realistic and only want 20 to 25,000,000 a year…. So it’s not just as simple as is he a franchise guy or not.

Just now, cyclone24 said:

Not really. It’s your Super Bowl every year. 
You guys are the Nebraska fans of the NFL always thinking you’re far better than what you actually are. 

Reset the market? Gosh it’s so weird where have I kept hearing that over and over and over again this off-season? Oh that’s right the Bears with fields. So yeah, it kind of is a reset the market deal. 
I don’t know what he wants for a contract. He could be crazy and want 30 million a year. He could be realistic and only want 20 to 25,000,000 a year…. So it’s not just as simple as is he a franchise guy or not.

Yeah Packers havent been a successful franchise.  They didn't become a dynasty so they are unsuccessful.   Lol.  Bears fan says what?   If you guys have half the success thr Packers have had over last 30 years, you Bears fans would be through thr roof with joy.  

Hes not getting a top contract.  You are so clueless on how this all works.  Stick to basketball.  

5 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Yeah Packers havent been a successful franchise.  They didn't become a dynasty so they are unsuccessful.   Lol.  Bears fan says what?   If you guys have half the success thr Packers have had over last 30 years, you Bears fans would be through thr roof with joy.  

Hes not getting a top contract.  You are so clueless on how this all works.  Stick to basketball.  

Yeah, you guys were back when I was a child. You guys aren’t even Tampa Bay in the last decade. Good team but more like New Orleans. Always a good team, but nobody takes you that seriously to win. 

lol look what kind of contract Baker Mayfield gets down in Tampa, speaking of which. If you don’t think fields can get that same deal you are out of your mind.

I like fields. I’m just saying that the team isn’t winning in the next two years so why sign him to a massive contract when you could overhaul the team like Detroit did draft well and then get your quarterback. I don’t mind paying a quarterback, a lot of money if the rest of the team is there. Makes no sense to do it the other way around.

What do you think ATL will give up for him?  Id like to know.  

30 per year isnt a massive contract.  You are ignorant to the market.  25 per year would put him at 17th highest per year.  And the cap just went way up so its really like 20th highest.  

3 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

What do you think ATL will give up for him?  Id like to know.  

30 per year isnt a massive contract.  You are ignorant to the market.  25 per year would put him at 17th highest per year.  And the cap just went way up so its really like 20th highest.  

Well now we get into my personal frugality that I’m not paying these guys that amount of money but that’s a different thing.

I don’t think it’s unrealistic that Atlanta would give up the eighth pick. Personally, it’s not like Atlanta is in a lot better position than Chicago but if someone’s willing to pay it, I think you get rid of him. If you don’t have an offer you like then you probably keep him.

Well now we get into my personal frugality that I’m not paying these guys that amount of money but that’s a different thing.

I don’t think it’s unrealistic that Atlanta would give up the eighth pick. Personally, it’s not like Atlanta is in a lot better position than Chicago but if someone’s willing to pay it, I think you get rid of him. If you don’t have an offer you like then you probably keep him.

So your plan is you have no plans and just would wing it?  Maybe keep him maybe dont.  Thats so Bears lol.  

Where does SF rank as a franchise in the FA era?  GB has 2 SBs since SFs last.  Which was 30 years ago.  And they needed to assemble a dream team to do it.  

Packers have the 2nd most wins of any franchise in thr last 30 years.  2nd to the biggest dynasty in NFL history.  

Packers stink, apparently, and watching them each year is no more fun than watching thr Bears.  

Oh well.