Hardcore troubadour

NFL Free Agency/ Draft 2024

In last 30 years they have more SBs than franchises like Dallas, SF, Indy with over a decade of Manning, NO and Brees.  

The same amount as the Giants and Steelers.  

What a terrible run!  What like 3 or 4 franchises with more SBs in thr last 30 years?  But thats what you Bears fans go with?   So if the Packers arent thr Pats then they suck and overrated?  

Lol  

10 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Packers have the 2nd most wins of any franchise in thr last 30 years.  2nd to the biggest dynasty in NFL history.  

Packers stink, apparently, and watching them each year is no more fun than watching thr Bears.  

Oh well.  

My God Packers fan. Make it about you every possible post. Just saying yeah, you guys are just good enough to have expectations to break your heart I guess. But they’re not real expectations. Bears aren’t any good so Sundays are actually fairly peaceful lol.

Doesn’t have to be Russell Wilson, or anything I’m just saying, I would rather overhaul the roster, then get the quarterback.

1 minute ago, cyclone24 said:

My God Packers fan. Make it about you every possible post. Just saying yeah, you guys are just good enough to have expectations to break your heart I guess. But they’re not real expectations. Bears aren’t any good so Sundays are actually fairly peaceful lol.

Doesn’t have to be Russell Wilson, or anything I’m just saying, I would rather overhaul the roster, then get the quarterback.

I just am trying to understand your logic.  Packers are overrated and irrelevant.  Only 1 more SB than thr Bears if we cherry pick to 1985 exactly.  

What teams could say a ton better?   What teams have clearly been a better franchise in the last several decades?  Can you count them on more than 1 hand?  

You guys went out and got Sweat.  You paid 2 LBers in FA.  Got DJ Moore.  Own 2 top 10 picks plus more this year.  You guys have already been retooling.  

So you build and spend on a roster then go to pick a QB in 2 years sitting at 15th overall and no QB is there or close.  Maybe they dont like thr QBs that year.  Now you are stuck and look like dopes.  

Bears gonna holdout for an Andrew Luck type prospect so they can't F it up.  But then they are sitting at 15th grinding away useless 8 win seasons and arent in a position to draft him.  Lol

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

Bears gonna holdout for an Andrew Luck type prospect so they can't F it up.  But then they are sitting at 15th grinding away useless 8 win seasons and arent in a position to draft him.  Lol

Oh, if you’re asking me if the Bears are going to screw it up, they absolutely will. I didn’t think that was even in question. We’re just arguing over how they are going to screw it up.

Just now, cyclone24 said:

Oh, if you’re asking me if the Bears are going to screw it up, they absolutely will. I didn’t think that was even in question. We’re just arguing over how they are going to screw it up.

And that was MY WHOLE point with my first couple posts to you.  You guys are so frightened to make a decision and draft a guy at this point.  So much so you entertain keeping Justin Fields.  Or entertain bringing in some washed up vet to grind out 8 win seasons and miraculously have a QB fall into your lap 2 years from now.  

Scared money dont make money

In ths end Fields goes to ATL for like a 2nd rounder.  

Bears draft the QB many Bears fans especially here say they dont like and will bust.  

Should be interesting 

15 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

But its his line!   No he bails after his 1st read isn't there.  Consistently.   

Quay Walker after the Bears Packers week 17 game.  A game the Bears wanted bad.  

Paraphrasing

"If we knew we could take him off his first read he turns into a RB"

That was Michael Vick early in his career.

8 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

And that was MY WHOLE point with my first couple posts to you.  You guys are so frightened to make a decision and draft a guy at this point.  So much so you entertain keeping Justin Fields.  Or entertain bringing in some washed up vet to grind out 8 win seasons and miraculously have a QB fall into your lap 2 years from now.  

Yes, but you don’t want to be like the Vikings who poured money into cousins and got nothing. Or Watson in Cleveland. Or Wilson in denver. 

I’m thinking more like what the Lions did. Go ahead and pay a quarterback, but do it at the right time. 

2 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

thinking more like what the Lions did. Go ahead and pay a quarterback,

Like who? Who's available? 

Good QBs aren't just let go or often hit free agency. 

Just now, Maximum Overkill said:

Like who? Who's available? 

Good QBs aren't just let go or often hit free agency. 

Goff and Stafford were just literally were traded for each other. 

like I said, you can make the argument and be justified doing about 10 different things that the Bears could do.

1 hour ago, listen2me 23 said:

For some reason they’re not scared of passing on a franchise QB though. Getting it right isn’t even a consideration. 😂 

45 minutes ago, MDC said:

For some reason they’re not scared of passing on a franchise QB though. Getting it right isn’t even a consideration. 😂 

I understand they are broken a bit.  But my God, listening to Bears fans talk roster building strategy is bizarre.   

My favorite is the we arent ready to win now.  You haven't been ready for years on that grading system.  What makes them think the players drafted at other positions will just automatically be good picks?   Hell they already gave Edmunds thr bag and he isn't even good.  An off the ball linebacker is who they decided to sink money into.  And hes not even good.  

They kept the defensive coach when they are going to draft a QB number 1.  

They still have no clue what they are doing over there.  It is easy to trade back and get more picks.  Thats not rocket science.  

I see now NFL HOFer Merril Hoge, he of 27 rush ypg for his career, has labeled Drake Maye unathletic.  Maye only threw 65 TD passes and rushed for 1,500 yards over the last two seasons.  Hoge is a joke.

Maye is going to come out of this draft as the best QB by far and lock some team into contention for a decade.

7 minutes ago, MLCKAA said:

I see now NFL HOFer Merril Hoge, he of 27 rush ypg for his career, has labeled Drake Maye unathletic.  Maye only threw 65 TD passes and rushed for 1,500 yards over the last two seasons.  Hoge is a joke.

Maye is going to come out of this draft as the best QB by far and lock some team into contention for a decade.

Maye is very athletic.   Maybe he saw white and assumed.  

I may be off but Hoge isn't a college ball guy.  

I do like Maye.  Perhaps the most out of this class.  

9 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

I understand they are broken a bit.  But my God, listening to Bears fans talk roster building strategy is bizarre.   

My favorite is the we arent ready to win now.  You haven't been ready for years on that grading system.  What makes them think the players drafted at other positions will just automatically be good picks?   Hell they already gave Edmunds thr bag and he isn't dven good.  An off thr ball linebacker is who they decided to sink money into.  And hes not even good.  

They kept the defensive coach when they are going to draft a QB nunber 1.  

They still have no clue what they are doing over there.  It is easy to trade back and get more picks.  Thats not rocket science.  

Lol Packer fans are like the fat girl that shows up to the party, but knows some good-looking girls, and then tells everyone how cute THEY all look. You guys act like you’re some sort of dynasty or something. You’ve won the same number of NFC championships since the year 2000 that the Bears have.

you’re going to put two gold jackets on quarterbacks that under performed. So maybe save me the process Green Bay does nonsense. 

And it’s interesting that you bash it because it’s exactly what Green Bay is doing. Look how young you guys are on defense. And you waited on Love to develop. Also, guess what if Love has a mediocre year guess what position you’re going to be in after this year? The exact one Chicago is in where they have to decide on whether Love is actually the guy or not except you’ve been holding onto him for about 10 focking years.

Again, youre New Orleans with a folksy neighborhood around that dump of a stadium. 

9 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Maye is very athletic.   Maybe he saw white and assumed.  

I may be off but Hoge isn't a college ball guy.  

I do like Maye.  Perhaps the most out of this class.  

I like Maye best of this class by far.  Still steamed the Colts caved to pressure and drafted QB last year in that weak class when they could’ve sucked again and landed Maye.

4 minutes ago, MLCKAA said:

I like Maye best of this class by far.  Still steamed the Colts caved to pressure and drafted QB last year in that weak class when they could’ve sucked again and landed Maye.

If I could waive a magic wand. I want someone to trade up to one hopefully someone like Washington that just really wants WILLIAMS and I take Jaden Daniels. I’ll take the guy that was top five in yards and touchdowns over WILLIAMS who is on an offense that threw all the time, and still only cracked the top 10. 

I think it was Damien Woody that said what I’ve said all along. I don’t want WILLIAMS because he can make the off schedule play. I want someone like Daniels who can make the scripted play. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cyclone24 said:

Lol Packer fans are like the fat girl that shows up to the party, but knows some good-looking girls, and then tells everyone how cute THEY all look. You guys act like you’re some sort of dynasty or something. You’ve won the same number of NFC championships since the year 2000 that the Bears have.

you’re going to put two gold jackets on quarterbacks that under performed. So maybe save me the process Green Bay does nonsense. 

And it’s interesting that you bash it because it’s exactly what Green Bay is doing. Look how young you guys are on defense. And you waited on Love to develop. Also, guess what if Love has a mediocre year guess what position you’re going to be in after this year? The exact one Chicago is in where they have to decide on whether Love is actually the guy or not except you’ve been holding onto him for about 10 focking years.

Again, youre New Orleans with a folksy neighborhood around that dump of a stadium. 

Actually Ive quite clearly stated that everyone including thr Packers cant be a dynasty like thr Pats had.  

Yes itd be nice to have more SBs with those 2 QBs.  I don't deny that.  But watching a good product year and year out.  Thinking you have a chance at something......is much more fun than tanking for a pick year after year.  

Im not following anything younare saying on Love.  I see some ifs in there.  Not exactly sure what you are trying to say there.  Yeah we are in thr exact same boat.  One team went toe to toe with the 9ers after already going to Dallas and winning.  A few plays away from a NFCC appearance with a 1st time starting QB and the youngest team in the league.  Yeah SAME EXACT BOAT AS CHICAGO!   Lol.......what?

Maybe it's me but Maye feels like Daniel Jones 2.0. Big arm, mobile but no touch or anticipation. 

If anyone falls I think it will be Maye. 

4 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Maybe it's me but Maye feels like Daniel Jones 2.0. Big arm, mobile but no touch or anticipation. 

If anyone falls I think it will be Maye. 

Ive heard Daniels will probably go #2 as of now.  Things will change again.  

I haven't looked into the QBs a ton other than watching them in college.  Maye isn't a finished product but feel he has all the tools.  I like that his brother had huge success as an athlete.   

The top 3 guys its hard to really choose for any fan like us without all the scouting.  Williams has it, but there is something there that I worry about with him.  Doesn't take care of it well when he runs around.  Daniels, not a ton to pick on there.   

Josh Jacobs to the cowboys being tossed around. That would be a great fit for them.  

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Josh Jacobs to the cowboys being tossed around. That would be a great fit for them.  

Yea it really would. 

I still find it hilarious that they are hell bent on getting a back that makes good money.  Its like they dont learn.  

What do they do with Dak?  You pay Dak to be the guy, the guy shouldnt need a top RB.  

Just now, listen2me 23 said:

Yea it really would. 

I still find it hilarious that they are hell bent on getting a back that makes good money.  Its like they dont learn.  

What do they do with Dak?  You pay Dak to be the guy, the guy shouldnt need a top RB.  

Jerry is running out of time. He needs a title more than anyone. He will never get credit for the Triplets winning three, Jimmy gets the credit.  He knows  this. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Jerry is running out of time. He needs a title more than anyone. He will never get credit for the Triplets winning three, Jimmy gets the credit.  He knows  this. 

I just don't find Josh Jacobs as the guy to get over the hump. And I like Jacobs.    But he avg 3.5 per carry last season.  I know its the raiders and he was a little banged up.  But 3.5.  Seems like a total waste of money.  We see 2nd 3rd 4th round backs all the time step in and do well.  If they have a good oline, Jacobs is overkill.   Get a guy sure. But what are they going to do?  Pay Dak again and run expensive Jacobs 18 times a game?  Weird setup.  

They are working on extending Dak who already made good money.  Is Dak good?  Sure.  But we know what he is.  He can win you 12 games with a good OL and a top defense.  Then just lose in the playoffs.  

JJ may be desperate.   But hes clueless on how to go all in.  I can understand its frustrating to pay a QB a ton and have a top 5 defense yet get smoked in the playoffs.  But I don't thinj grabbing a well paid back will matter.  

12 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

I just don't find Josh Jacobs as the guy to get over the hump. And I like Jacobs.    But he avg 3.5 per carry last season.  I know its the raiders and he was a little banged up.  But 3.5.  Seems like a total waste of money.  We see 2nd 3rd 4th round backs all the time step in and do well.  If they have a good oline, Jacobs is overkill.   Get a guy sure. But what are they going to do?  Pay Dak again and run expensive Jacobs 18 times a game?  Weird setup.  

They are working on extending Dak who already made good money.  Is Dak good?  Sure.  But we know what he is.  He can win you 12 games with a good OL and a top defense.  Then just lose in the playoffs.  

JJ may be desperate.   But hes clueless on how to go all in.  I can understand its frustrating to pay a QB a ton and have a top 5 defense yet get smoked in the playoffs.  But I don't thinj grabbing a well paid back will matter.  

They do need a thumper. Maybe McCarthy brings in AJ Dillon? Can’t see him costing much. 

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

They do need a thumper. Maybe McCarthy brings in AJ Dillon? Can’t see him costing much. 

I’m not sure it makes any difference who they bring in if they don’t actually give him the ball. And I don’t feel like Dallas problem was lack of talent on both sides of the ball.

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I agree they need to add.  Just dont know if you need to go grab one of the higher paid guys.  Hes only 26 but hes carried thr ball a decent amount in the NFL thus far.  Missed games here and there. 

I think if you are a team who cares about RB, 2nd round is a great spot most years. Many times those guys come in and at least 50% split touches, so it is a immediate impact pick.  But also after a year or 2 they blossom into the best backs in the league at a nice rate.  Henry Cook Breece Mixon off the top of my head 2nd rounders.  There are more.  To me there is no reason to go buy a RB.  Itd have to be a certain scenario, like the 9ers with peanuts on the QB position and a system that lets the RB always get touches one way or another.  By drafting a 2nd rounder to go with Pollard you have cheap labor and fresh legs.  Sometimes the top rated back in the class goes in the 2nd. Its a no brainer to me, even a win now team like Dallas.  Phase Pollard out and now you have a 2nd year 2nd round back readu to take over for peanuts.  

I’m not sure it makes any difference who they bring in if they don’t actually give him the ball. And I don’t feel like Dallas problem was lack of talent on both sides of the ball.

It seemed to me they were throwing too much in short yardage situations. Pollard doesn’t inspire much confidence to get the tough yards. 

Just hard to grab ceedee, pay a QB, and commit to the run.  I agree their playcalling can be questionable.  But its like ATL going to get a TE and a WR as 1stt rounders thrn completely not give them a QB and want to run the ball anyway.  That has been the most bizarre these last 2 seasons.  

3 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Just hard to grab ceedee, pay a QB, and commit to the run.  I agree their playcalling can be questionable.  But its like ATL going to get a TE and a WR as 1stt rounders thrn completely not give them a QB and want to run the ball anyway.  That has been the most bizarre these last 2 seasons.  

That has been weird. Like everyone on the planet can see how good Pitts is and they don’t give him the freaking ball. Well, it’ll be nice when fields goes there for the eighth pick and maybe he can throw him the ball. ;) lol

4 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Helps that the division sucks. Their schedule was pretty soft last year too. Toughens up by quite a bit this year. 

That has been weird. Like everyone on the planet can see how good Pitts is and they don’t give him the freaking ball. Well, it’ll be nice when fields goes there for the eighth pick and maybe he can throw him the ball. ;) lol

I drafted Pitts the last three years. It’s been mind boggling watching that.  

16 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Fields may throw it even less than he has been in Chicago.   

17 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I drafted Pitts the last three years. It’s been mind boggling watching that.  

Ugg yeah, I had him one year and it’s infuriating. He’d catch like one ball on a simple 5 yard route and run it for 25 and then not catch another ball.

It was telling that Poles was moving on when Fields threw it 16 times in a week 17 loss to the Packers.  Being down much if thr game and kicking 3 FGs for 9 pts.  No way that can just be by coincidence.  

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I think they make a run at Saquon. But don't forget, they'll need to restructure Dak, sign CeeDee and sign Parsons first. 

1 minute ago, Maximum Overkill said:

I think they make a run at Saquon. But don't forget, they'll need to restructure Dak, sign CeeDee and sign Parsons first. 

Salary cap only matters when teams want it to.  Your eagles are a great example. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Salary cap only matters when teams want it to.  Your eagles are a great example. 

It all comes down to whether Dak will renegotiate. I don't know why he would, he's got a fully guaranteed deal. 

17 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It definitely is a bit imaginary.  It can come back to get you eventually but the come back from it is short these days.   You can kick can down the road but eventually you lose a key player or 2.  Look at KC and Snead.  Unless they themselves scouting him think he had an outlier season and dont want to give him that deal.  Never know.  But eventually you lose guys.  KC lost Tyreek.  Huge feather in Mahomes cap to go win thr next 2.