Sign in to follow this  
WhiteWonder

draft replacement players

NOTE   the following players I could not find in the yahoo database. also I was intoxicated so maybe i missed them

Detroit - Michael Lorenzen ..... placeholder of Michael Kelly

Kansas City - Hunter Dozier ... placeholder hunter feduccia

Atlanta - Jesse chavez .... placeholder Jesse franklin

In light of Giolito most likely being lost for the season, may I suggest that these non yahoo league players be stricken from their respective teams. They’re all current or former Angels so it seems like the right thing to do. Thanks in advance.

19 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

NOTE   the following players I could not find in the yahoo database. also I was intoxicated so maybe i missed them

A lot of players that were not signed at the time of the database was created were skipped...

18 hours ago, BlackClouds said:

In light of Giolito most likely being lost for the season, may I suggest that these non yahoo league players be stricken from their respective teams. They’re all current or former Angels so it seems like the right thing to do. Thanks in advance.

If Hunter Dozier is getting playing team the Angels are screwed anyways. 

16 hours ago, posty said:

A lot of players that were not signed at the time of the database was created were skipped...

that was my assumption. just wanted to alert everyone since those players are all shared, that way other teams don't mistakenly think they were dropped by their owner. 

On 3/8/2024 at 11:37 PM, WhiteWonder said:

If there are any undrafted guys that we would like to roster who are not in the database, would we be able to declare them here and pick up stand-ins?

I dunno what's with Yahoo this year but there are some dudes I'm surprised not to be finding. <_<

51 minutes ago, Mookz said:

If there are any undrafted guys that we would like to roster who are not in the database, would we be able to declare them here and pick up stand-ins?

I dunno what's with Yahoo this year but there are some dudes I'm surprised not to be finding. <_<

Could certainly do that to reserve the ownership of that player.  Obviously no way to translate that to a start and actually fantasy points. But to claim them... don't see why we can't do that with this thread.

32 minutes ago, GuardBum said:

Could certainly do that to reserve the ownership of that player.  Obviously no way to translate that to a start and actually fantasy points. But to claim them... don't see why we can't do that with this thread.

Yahoo would definitely add them if it got to the point where they would be playing in major league games (I hope), but I guess they didn't add anyone who was not signed to a major league deal at the time of their import, or something (although the big name free agents were out there 🤔).  Both of the guys I'm interested in played in the majors last year and are still active.  They're probably inconsequential, but I'd grab them just because there is still so much uncertainty in Os camp.

They are:
Kolton Wong
Julio Teheran

4 hours ago, Mookz said:

Yahoo would definitely add them if it got to the point where they would be playing in major league games (I hope), but I guess they didn't add anyone who was not signed to a major league deal at the time of their import, or something (although the big name free agents were out there 🤔).  Both of the guys I'm interested in played in the majors last year and are still active.  They're probably inconsequential, but I'd grab them just because there is still so much uncertainty in Os camp.

They are:
Kolton Wong
Julio Teheran

Neither are exclusive though, so that is subject to the FA freeze. Nevermind, realized he only set it to today. I would reserve:
Justin Wilson

I don't really know how you guys want to handle that.

I only made this thread because it impacted 3 players that were drafted.

As for free agents not in the database... :dunno:

my only thoughts are 

1. just leave it be and you have to stay on top of when Yahoo adds them

2. you can declare them... I guess in this thread? and as Mookz mentioned, you have to drop someone and add a random, low level, replacement player who can not be claimed by another franchise. You can also not use that player to accumulate stats. 

1 hour ago, WhiteWonder said:

I don't really know how you guys want to handle that.

I only made this thread because it impacted 3 players that were drafted.

As for free agents not in the database... :dunno:

my only thoughts are 

1. just leave it be and you have to stay on top of when Yahoo adds them

2. you can declare them... I guess in this thread? and as Mookz mentioned, you have to drop someone and add a random, low level, replacement player who can not be claimed by another franchise. You can also not use that player to accumulate stats. 

Sounds good and if there's any reason not to do it, that's fine, it will just save me from constantly refreshing Yahoo for the next couple weeks.

I went ahead and added:

Rafael Marchán, C, PHI as Kolton Wong

and

Cody Poteet, P, NYY as Julio Teheran

• Like 1

I think this is okay for spring training.... once the season starts, It probably should not continue to be done.  Like in the past I don't ever remember us being able to add "place holders" for maybe a minor leaguer that Yahoo didn't have in the database or a player who we knew was pending to be signed from independent league ball or anything like that. 

but i'm not the commish... more so a secretary 😆 doing draft threads and entering the results. 

3 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

I think this is okay for spring training.... once the season starts, It probably should not continue to be done.  Like in the past I don't ever remember us being able to add "place holders" for maybe a minor leaguer that Yahoo didn't have in the database or a player who we knew was pending to be signed from independent league ball or anything like that. 

but i'm not the commish... more so a secretary 😆 doing draft threads and entering the results. 

Yep I agree and I think this is a case where if they don't make the team out of spring training, they will be released, and under our normal rules I would then have to drop them anyway.  :thumbsup:

Although even if they do make the roster, I suppose it could take Yahoo a day or two into the season to add them. 😳

I dropped Ryan Pepiot and added Juan Mejia, P, COL as a placeholder for Francisco Mejia, C, TB

3 minutes ago, Mookz said:

Yep I agree and I think this is a case where if they don't make the team out of spring training, they will be released, and under our normal rules I would then have to drop them anyway.  :thumbsup:

Although even if they do make the roster, I suppose it could take Yahoo a day or two into the season to add them. 😳

Well, I don't think it would be necessary to drop them if it takes yahoo a few days to add them to the database. After all, you are using up roster space for their placeholders and those placeholders are not allowed to accrue any stats for you.. So that's all good.   I just meant once the season begins, additional place holder stuff should probably end. 

This is what I figured was meant. 

Also not commish ..

Name player you want.

Name placeholder player here. 

It's time stamped.

Come day after that team's first game, all bets off as Yahoo should add.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GuardBum said:

This is what I figured was meant. 

Also not commish ..

Name player you want.

Name placeholder player here. 

It's time stamped.

Come day after that team's first game, all bets off as Yahoo should add.

sounds logical

that seems like a lot to keep track of, for a bunch of scrubs.  I'd say if you didn't draft em, it's free for all until yahoo adds them.

yeah I don't honestly care, even though I went ahead and claimed someone.

Yesterday evening I was trying to think back to any time where a player was not listed by yahoo and they ended up making a real difference and the only time it might have happened, where it impacted me, was Scott Kazmir when he returned to MLB from the sugarland skeeters :lol:.  But I don't even remember if he returned during spring training or once the season had started and I don't remember if yahoo had him listed or not. 

He definitely made an impact upon his return though. Played really well that year for Cleveland winning 10 games and won 15 games for Oakland the following season.

On 3/15/2024 at 9:07 AM, cmh6476 said:

that seems like a lot to keep track of, for a bunch of scrubs.  I'd say if you didn't draft em, it's free for all until yahoo adds them.

No sh!t .  No one knew we were adding players here.  Most of us dont even visit this board outside of the draft.  I looked for Teheran, too, to add to my watch list.  Wasn't there, so I just thought I'd have to wait until he was added to the database to address it.

3 hours ago, Burt said:

No sh!t .  No one knew we were adding players here.  Most of us dont even visit this board outside of the draft.  I looked for Teheran, too, to add to my watch list.  Wasn't there, so I just thought I'd have to wait until he was added to the database to address it.

Fine.  Dropping my placeholders.  We'll have an F5-off.

however you guys want to do it. This thread was only started because of the replacement players I HAD to give people from the draft

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Tried to add Tyler Wade starting 3b for pads. Not avail 

Yahoo really focked up this year.  Anyone who played last year should automatically be rolled forward to this year.  Is that so hard? :doh:

10 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Tried to add Tyler Wade starting 3b for pads. Not avail 

I'll F5 you for him.

16 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

whats that mean?

Refreshing the page until his name appears.

• Haha 1

I think we are just going to have to be at the mercy of Yahoo in regard to these fringe players that are not listed in their database. 

The idea of claiming players and using placeholders until they become available was not a bad idea but to be fair, not everyone checks in here once we are finished drafting. 

The most fair way to handle this, unfortunately, is whoever sees them added to the Yahoo database first.... <_<

It's a shame that so many players are missing from their database this season.

at this point we are.  Yahoo is not being consistent at all either.

On 3/10/2024 at 6:31 AM, cmh6476 said:

If Hunter Dozier is getting playing team the Angels are screwed anyways. 

Pretty much.

On 3/21/2024 at 4:05 PM, GuardBum said:

at this point we are.  Yahoo is not being consistent at all either.

Try not to expect too much from them, they have somehow assigned an error to one of my players already...who most definitely was not in South Korea this week.

• Haha 1

On 3/22/2024 at 4:37 PM, ZeroTolerance said:

Try not to expect too much from them, they have somehow assigned an error to one of my players already...who most definitely was not in South Korea this week.

Same here, I have an error on Rafael Devers already, yet the Sox haven't played a game yet. I'm losing the category right now because of it...LOL

Willy Adames also recorded an error during the Seoul series. Reports are he fumbled the remote. 

• Haha 1

Hunter Dozier is fair game I dropped his replacement