Sign in to follow this  
jonmx

Elitism vs. Populism

12 minutes ago, Ron_Artest said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣

When are you gonna wise up bud?  You will believe anything trump tells you, all the lies.

This lie is easy to prove. https://finance.yahoo.com/news/3-myths-about-the-trump-tax-cuts-155801290.html

You're a mark, a patsy, a useful idiot.

Lol.  Says right in your link that revenues were lower than forecasted. Not received, but forcasted. You really should read what you cite.  Nice job retard. Lol. 

37 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I got a tax cut too. And the Trump  tax cuts resulted in greater tax  revenue to the government, not less. Look it up. But Biden in his political career has been a lackey for the banks and corporations from the beginning. 

Boy that’s a bunch of bullsh1t.

Well not the last sentence, but that’s just yet more whataboutism from you.

3 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Boy that’s a bunch of bullsh1t.

Well not the last sentence, but that’s just yet more whataboutism from you.

Are you telling me I didn’t get a tax cut? 

39 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Are you telling me I didn’t get a tax cut? 

Enjoy your pennies, which your children will pay for many times over :cheers:

5 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Enjoy your pennies, which your children will pay for many times over :cheers:

More than that. DJT doubled the child tax credit. But let’s not talk about that.  

9 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

More than that. DJT doubled the child tax credit. But let’s not talk about that.  

Everything you’re talking about sunsets.

The corporate tax cuts don’t though. Those were permanent.

But let’s not talk about that ;) 

Just now, IGotWorms said:

Everything you’re talking about sunsets.

The corporate tax cuts don’t though. Those were permanent.

But let’s not talk about that ;) 

The child tax credit sunsets? I was unaware. Let me look that up. Nope. No sunset. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The child tax credit sunsets? I was unaware. Let me look that up. Nope. No sunset. 

I believe that’s part of the reason the House passes Biden’s tax plan including for child tax credits. https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4441217-house-passes-tax-bill-bipartisan-vote/amp/

You might learn a lot more here as well: https://www.cbpp.org/research/federal-tax/the-2017-trump-tax-law-was-skewed-to-the-rich-expensive-and-failed-to-deliver

Oof

As this debate unfolds, policymakers and the public should understand that the 2017 Trump tax law:

• Was skewed to the rich. Households with incomes in the top 1 percent will receive an average tax cut of more than $60,000 in 2025, compared to an average tax cut of less than $500 for households in the bottom 60 percent, according to the Tax Policy Center (TPC).[1] As a share of after-tax income, tax cuts at the top — for both households in the top 1 percent and the top 5 percent — are more than triple the total value of the tax cuts received for people with incomes in the bottom 60 percent.[2]

Good.  People with children should pay more in income taxes not less.  When we were an agricultural society it was understandable now it is a stupid handout.   

Just now, IGotWorms said:

Oof

As this debate unfolds, policymakers and the public should understand that the 2017 Trump tax law:

• Was skewed to the rich. Households with incomes in the top 1 percent will receive an average tax cut of more than $60,000 in 2025, compared to an average tax cut of less than $500 for households in the bottom 60 percent, according to the Tax Policy Center (TPC).[1] As a share of after-tax income, tax cuts at the top — for both households in the top 1 percent and the top 5 percent — are more than triple the total value of the tax cuts received for people with incomes in the bottom 60 percent.[2]

That’s how percentages work. And why is that jumping from the top 1 pct to the bottom 60? Do the bottom 60 even pay taxes? So what’s Biden doing about it, yelling “fair share” again like him and the democrats have since I can remember and never do a damn thing  about it? I got a nice tax cut for once. There is no denying it, I have been filing taxes for a long time. But you know. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

That’s how percentages work. And why is that jumping from the top 1 pct to the bottom 60? Do the bottom 60 even pay taxes? So what’s Biden doing about it, yelling “fair share” again like him and the democrats have since I can remember and never do a damn thing  about it? I got a nice tax cut for once. There is no denying it, I have been filing taxes for a long time. But you know. 

Funny you should mention percentages:

The law will boost the after-tax incomes of households in the top 1 percent by 2.9 percent in 2025, roughly three times the 0.9 percent gain for households in the bottom 60 percent, TPC estimates.[10] The tax cuts that year will average $61,090 for the top 1 percent — and $252,300 for the top one-tenth of 1 percent. (See Figure 1.) The 2017 law also widens racial disparities in after-tax income.[11]

7 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Oof

And why are you leaving out the cap on SALT deductions that is a direct tax on the rich that you’re crying about? 

4 minutes ago, Bert said:

Good.  People with children should pay more in income taxes not less.  When we were an agricultural society it was understandable now it is a stupid handout.   

Worms is mad that people that don’t pay taxes didn’t get a tax cut. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

And why are you leaving out the cap on SALT deductions that is a direct tax on the rich that you’re crying about? 

:thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Worms is mad that people that don’t pay taxes didn’t get a tax cut. 

Crazy liberals usually are. 

Another thing they love to point out is taxes like sales taxes and property taxes are evil, satanic, horrible progressive taxes.  But they STFU and run away when you bring up that the services provided by those taxes are even more progressive. 

The law will boost the after-tax incomes of households in the top 1 percent by 2.9 percent in 2025, roughly three times the 0.9 percent gain for households in the bottom 60 percent, TPC estimates.[10] The tax cuts that year will average $61,090 for the top 1 percent — and $252,300 for the top one-tenth of 1 percent. (See Figure 1.) The 2017 law also widens racial disparities in after-tax income.[11]

5 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

So what is the percentage deduction for the  bottom 60 percent for having a child than the top 1 percent?  The same question for the mortgage deduction percentage?  And what about that earned income tax credit for the bottom 60 percent.  

1 hour ago, Bert said:

So what is the percentage deduction for the  bottom 60 percent for having a child than the top 1 percent?  The same question for the mortgage deduction percentage?  And what about that earned income tax credit for the bottom 60 percent.  

Did I say there was no benefit for the working class? :wacko:

Point is, it was a pittance compared to the wealthy and corporations. And yes, even on a percentage basis 

12 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Did I say there was no benefit for the working class? :wacko:

Point is, it was a pittance compared to the wealthy and corporations. And yes, even on a percentage basis 

So why didn’t Biden do anything about it? You think he will? 

14 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So why didn’t Biden do anything about it? You think he will? 

It’ll be addressed when trumps provisions sunset.

Depends who is president next year.

If it’s Trump it’ll be more tax cuts for the rich.

If it’s Biden it’ll be child tax credits paid out monthly and including to families that don’t make enough money to presently qualify. Who are the ones that need it most.

But I know… more handouts. There’s some truth to that.

Frankly I just wish somebody would be responsible but ain’t neither party gonna do it.

Sunset laws on tax provisions are meaningless tricks to lower the long term budget impact.  Tax laws are always being revised and popular cuts don't get sunset. 

9 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Lol.  Says right in your link that revenues were lower than forecasted. Not received, but forcasted. You really should read what you cite.  Nice job retard. Lol. 

Wut?  You're obviously not smart or educated enough to have this conversation.  The forecast was revenue would be down, actuals came in lower than forecast.

You said that revenues increased as a result of the tax cut.  That's clearly false and I provided the data to back it up.

Including all four years since the tax cuts went into effect—two before COVID, one in the midst of COVID, and one after COVID—individual and corporate tax revenue is $195 billion below the CBO’s 2018 estimate

7 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Depends who is president next year.

If it’s Trump it’ll be more tax cuts for the rich.

:thumbsup:

The guy who's made a career out of making low IQ, uneducated rubes think he's what a rich guys is like, and the guy who chits in gold toilets is a populist?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Trump was president and didn't do a single thing for the working man.  He led to highest trade deficit with China ever FFS.  He threw the working class peanuts with his tax cuts while his elite, rich buddies got the lions share of the benefit.  And cucks like HIT will actually argue that the rich got was reasonable.

Cultist are the ultimate moron cucks.

34 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

The guy who's made a career out of making low IQ, uneducated rubes think he's what a rich guys is like, and the guy who chits in gold toilets is a populist?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Trump was president and didn't do a single thing for the working man.  He led to highest trade deficit with China ever FFS.  He threw the working class peanuts with his tax cuts while his elite, rich buddies got the lions share of the benefit.  And cucks like HIT will actually argue that the rich got was reasonable.

Cultist are the ultimate moron cucks.

Clueless bootlicker.  You are correct that Trump did not do much his first time on office, and I voted third party.  But Trump was duped by the FBI, the DOJ, and the CDC the first time around.  Then he got attacked by Big Tech, the court system, and Congress.  This time around, Trump knows how the elitist swamp works and knows what needs to be done.   This has absolutely ZERO to do with tax cuts or policies which give handouts.  The is about the corrupt power structure and the collusion between government and corporate giants which has far more power than our elected government.   This power structure is amassing enormous amount of power and must be stopped. 

Bootlickers like you are too f-ing ignorant and are clueless to how are freedoms are being destroyed.   People like Trump and Elon Musk are at war with this corrupt elitist/establishment power structure.  Elitisism is not about being rich.  It is concentration of power in unelected and unchecked institutions.  The failure to understand that will lead to us back to serfdom.  

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, jonmx said:

Clueless bootlicker.  You are correct that Trump did not do much his first time on office, and I voted third party.  But Trump was duped by the FBI, the DOJ, and the CDC the first time around.  Then he got attacked by Big Tech, the court system, and Congress.  This time around, Trump knows how the elitist swamp works and knows what needs to be done.   This has absolutely ZERO to do with tax cuts or policies which give handouts.  The is about the corrupt power structure and the collusion between government and corporate giants which has far more power than our elected government.   This power structure is amassing enormous amount of power and must be stopped. 

Bootlickers like you are too f-ing ignorant and are clueless to how are freedoms are being destroyed.   People like Trump and Elon Musk are at war with this corrupt elitist/establishment power structure.  Elitisism is not about being rich.  It is concentration of power in unelected and unchecked institutions.  The failure to understand that will lead to us back to serfdom.  

Please tell me what the orange moron has EVER done in his life to lead you to believe he's against elite's having consolidated power or anything he's done for the working man.

He despises the working man.  Why else would he constantly grift them, not pay them, swindle them with fake colleges, fake charities, fake everything?

Trump would tell all you MAGAtards to take a leap off a cliff if Clooney and Leo said he could become a hollywood insider after doing so.

You morons really hitched your wagon to a horse who'd prefer to trot over your heads on his way to the elite.

SMH

• Like 2

Trump isn't a savior to the American people, he's the savior to preventing the left from destroying America.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Trump isn't a savior to the American people, he's the savior to preventing the left from destroying America.

Problem here is it'll take the left a couple more decades to really destroy it. Trump will consolidate the ruination into the next four years, at the most.

Just now, Fnord said:

Problem here is it'll take the left a couple more decades to really destroy it. Trump will consolidate the ruination into the next four years, at the most.

You sound worried. What do you think he will do? 

18 hours ago, jonmx said:

This is why people like Tim love to follow what the experts say.   If for instance 1200 experts sign some statement, most leftists eat that up as rock solid proof that the statement is absolutely correct.  It is really mostly a leftie thing to be completely convinced by the so-called experts.  

The MAGA philosophy in a nutshell. "WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN EXPERTS!" 

hur-fukin-dur

1 minute ago, Fnord said:

Another dumbass liberal. Get in line.... 😆

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You sound worried. What do you think he will do? 

Potential damage is practically limitless when you have a "leader" that is a narcissistic, power-hungry sociopath that only cares about himself.

But he's joking about being a dictator!

9 minutes ago, Fnord said:

Potential damage is practically limitless when you have a "leader" that is a narcissistic, power-hungry sociopath that only cares about himself.

You really are clueless at what Trump was saying about being a dictator for one day.   He wants to gut the power of every corrupt three letter organization and start over.   It is not about being a dictator over the people, but about freeing the people from the shackles of an abusive authoritarian government including releasing hundreds of Jan 6th prisoners who were unjustly imprisoned.   But you see such a bootlicking retard you believe every one of the the government media tells you.   

21 minutes ago, Fnord said:

Lol. Biden isn’t a narcissist? Come on man. I’ll admit Trump is in his own class, but Biden isn’t that far behind. 

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Fnord said:

We have a department of justice who thinks Biden should be prosecuted, but won't because they don't think he's mentally competent.  Yet, his political party claims he is mentally competent.

We have 2 political parties who could force a cognitive test... but won't.  Why not?  That should be proof that there is corruption in our government across both aisles.  Yes?

What is one thing that one party fully has in common with a large contingent of the other party?  They don't like Donald Trump.

Shouldn't the fact that known corruption is against an outsider tell you that the outsider is someone they fear?

Then ask yourself this?  Why do I trust the corrupt politicians who've been in control of our government and not the businessman who exploited the laws/policies that said corrupt politicians put in place?

• Thanks 1

On 3/10/2024 at 10:45 PM, IGotWorms said:

I believe that’s part of the reason the House passes Biden’s tax plan including for child tax credits. https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4441217-house-passes-tax-bill-bipartisan-vote/amp/

You might learn a lot more here as well: https://www.cbpp.org/research/federal-tax/the-2017-trump-tax-law-was-skewed-to-the-rich-expensive-and-failed-to-deliver

Republicans blocked the new credit in the Senate of course.

On 3/11/2024 at 3:33 PM, TBayXXXVII said:

We have a department of justice who thinks Biden should be prosecuted, but won't because they don't think he's mentally competent.  Yet, his political party claims he is mentally competent.

This is a lie