Sign in to follow this  
Cdub100

Skin care for men.

I never wear sun screen. Even when I'm outside for 6+ hours coaching baseball. I never did any skin care other than soap when I took a shower and some face moisturizer in the winter when my nose gets dry.

I've started taking better care of my skin recently. Not sure if it's because I'm getting older or what. I bought some CerVe stuff and blu atlas. I also bought some cerVe sun screen for when we go outside. 

Looking for suggestions on what other men do. 

7 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I never wear sun screen. Even when I'm outside for 6+ hours coaching baseball. I never did any skin care other than soap when I took a shower and some face moisturizer in the winter when my nose gets dry.

I've started taking better care of my skin recently. Not sure if it's because I'm getting older or what. I bought some CerVe stuff and blu atlas. I also bought some cerVe sun screen for when we go outside. 

Looking for suggestions on what other men do. 

Good call man.   Skin cancer is a real thing.   Buddy of mine had some on his upper shoulder.  He's OK.  But it's still scary.  especially as we get older.

I never considered sunscreen as "skin care", it's just a necessity when I go to the beach or if I'm working outside or hanging around the pool in the summer.

Other than that, my hands get extremely dry and cracked this time of year, and I use whatever hand cream I have handy. In fact, I just used some CeraVe healing ointment about 10 minutes ago.

I rarely wore sunscreen when I was younger, but in my 20s or 30s I had some pre-melanoma moles removed, plus living in Phoenix, I wear it whenever I'm going to be out for a while.  We have heard the mineral based ones are better (titanium dioxide, zinc oxide) than the chemical ones, so we tend to use those, especially on our faces.  For arms/legs/bodies we use either type -- I just picked up some Sun Bum 50 spray (mineral) I used before golfing yesterday.  Beware tho, the mineral ones (esp high SPF) can leave a white film.  In hindsight I probably should have gotten the 30, that's usually plenty good and rubs in better.

Also use CeraVe for facial soap (green label), and I use a CeraVe SA Cleaner (blue label) in the shower on my arms and legs, because they get old man flaky these days.  

At night I put AmLactin Daily lotion on those same flaky arms (12% lactic acid, which is an alpha hydroxy acid).

• Like 1

I don’t know, but I can tell you what your mother’s skin care cream looks like.

(Obligatory mom post)

27 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

(Obligatory mom post)

⬆️ Nicely done ✅

• Thanks 1

Sperm

Maybe on top of the $25 you will pay Tim when Biden is the nom. He can also paint your face?

Had a piece of my head dug out a few years back so now wear sunscreen when going to be outside for long periods of time. I try to be good about this as my pasty ancestors left me without much natural protection. 

Hat as well but that doesn’t cover ears, back of neck, parts of face and I’m not busting out a cowboy hat.

Use various diff types of sunscreen. Buy the stuff without the various potential cancer causing ingredients. Google will give a good list.

For the ghey portion of skin care…hi boys!!…I use a Korean brand (Koreans are very into skin care and make good stuff) to moisturize that is not greasy. Use some body stuff from Eucerin after showering most days. Both on Amazon. Trial and error with those until I found brands that worked for me.

1 hour ago, cyclone24 said:

(Obligatory mom post)

Next time you see her can you tell her she hasn't seen her grandkids in 10 years.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, thegeneral said:

Had a piece of my head dug out a few years back

WTF 😂

41 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

WTF 😂

Basal Cell Carcinoma. Very common and typically not dangerous but they scoop it out of you with a procedure called Mohs. Don’t Google it…gross!

They can stitch you back up nicely but if you get one of these in a bad spot like say a nose it could be gnarly.

Plus, there are tons of other actual bad shet you can get so thegeneral isn’t playing around. I still am out in the sun a ton but cake that stuff on.