Sign in to follow this  
Engorgeous George

I have not had a decent baked good since I left Milwaukee

Between the Germans, Jews, Italians and Greeks you could always get good rolls, breads and pastries.   Colorado, forget about it.  They seem to think Panera or Kneaders are the height of baking.  Find me a good kaiser roll or stollen.  Find me good baklava.  Sourdough or russian rye, forget about it.  Oroweat is just not cutting it.  Hint to bakers,  you should not be able to wring oil out of fritters or glazed doughnuts.  Carrot cake should be moist but not wet.  Eclairs are filled with custard not whipped cream. Bagels are not judged on large size but good taste and especially texture.

One of the things I miss most about Wisconsin is all the festivals in Summer at the Summerfest grounds.  Polish Fest, Festa Mexicana, Italian Fest, German Fest...  All of those small restaurants bringing their best to their booths.  Plus all the shows...people showing their different cultures, wonderful times.

Kinda hard to find decent baked stuff in the west, generally, I think. Portland maybe has some decent spots but that’s about it as far as I know

I used to know excellent bakers in summit and eagle, but didn’t seek them out in Denver.

we have wonderful bakeries here in Sonoma co, and around the Bay Area 

1 hour ago, Engorgeous George said:

Colorado

Ewww, liberal cesspool. All they have is weed and Libby Beers. 

The man hasn’t been able to digest a decent meal in six weeks! 

8 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

One of the things I miss most about Wisconsin is all the festivals in Summer at the Summerfest grounds.  Polish Fest, Festa Mexicana, Italian Fest, German Fest...  All of those small restaurants bringing their best to their booths.  Plus all the shows...people showing their different cultures, wonderful times.

Kringle