Sign in to follow this  
bostonlager

***EdEx THE MASTERS 2024***

1 hour ago, Alias Detective said:

I would like to thank God, @edjr, @bostonlager and @WhiteWonder for your hard work.

This thing is great because of all you guys. I enjoy running the draft and pissing you off with my power rankings. Getting ready to do the draft analysis now. No hard feelings if I poop on your team, I just call them like I see them and in most cases good for you if I hate your team. 

• Like 1

Draft analysis part 1. If you want to add these up it will give you the power rankings I've posted in the past. This is where each player is ranked according to a computer model I follow. 

lager:              1 --- 7 --- 38 --- 40 --- 56 --- 41

dain:                3 --- 20 --- 28 --- 29 --- 50 --- 47

Fumble:           9 --- 8 --- 25 --- 31 --- 63 --- 70

jerry:                2 --- 15 --- 16 --- 27 --- 35 ---  49 

Wonder:          17 ---  21 --- 23 --- 30 --- 73 --- 60

Alias:               10 --- 11 --- 34 --- 26 --- 42 --- 46 

patweiser:      12 --- 6 --- 18 --- 22 --- 32 --- 33

edjr:                 13 --- 4 --- 39 --- 36 --- 69 --- 59

Clocaine:        5 --- 19 --- 24 --- 14 --- 37 --- 45

Draft analysis part 2 is bostonlager 12ish beers deep offering random thoughts. This is me drunk so please don't get butthurt

- My DO NOT DRAFT list for this event - Justin Thomas, Viktor Hovland, Max Homa, Collin Morikawa, Ludvig Abert, Wyndham Clark, Cameron Smith, Tony Finau, and Patrick Cantlay, 

Cloacaine, I know it looks like I took a dump on your team again and no hard feelings, it probably means you will win again. These guys are either debutants, poor major history,  or playing like sh1t right now and I didn't want to roll the dice. 

- Guys I had my eye on, but was not able to g et - Joquin Niemann, Adam Scott, and Harris English. I think English is the steal of the draft and if I had a redo would have taken him over Nick     Taylor 

Strongest team on paper - Clocaine. Crazy Homa and Morikawa were taken at the 3-4 turn, but obviously some of you had reservations like I did. 

This is a fun one since we added the LIV guys back in. I'm going to watch some golf channel now, but may add some more later. 

Reasons I drafted my guys

Scheffler - duh

Bryson - Augusta is where length matters and he has had success here multiple times in the past. 

Harman - He gives up a lot of ground in the height department, but he is sneaky long off the tee and left handed. In today's game of most pleyers trying to hit a fade, this course fits him like it did Weir, Bubba, and Phil. He can fade while others are transitioining to a draw. 

Sergio - ed mentioned the LIV tournament and I watched this past Sunday where Sergio finished 2nd. He also knows his way around the property as a past champion. 

Taylor - Currently top 20 in both SG/approach and SG/putting - both very key here. 

ROOONED - got busy this afternoon and was highest on my list. 

On 4/5/2024 at 6:33 PM, jerryskids said:

If I didn't do it already, I've thought about proposing that we take Scheffler off the table. Obviously not for the Masters with a draft about to start, but if anyone is interested in the concept, we should probably discuss it before a future tourney.

The guy is just too money these days.

Hopefully LIV eventually dies off because this draft is what they all used to look like. On paper we all looked stacked 1 through 3. The last half was where you looked for sleepers. 

And what the fock happened to Daniel Berger? He fell of the planet, I guess. 

25 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Harman - He gives up a lot of ground in the height department, but he is sneaky long off the tee and left handed. In today's game of most pleyers trying to hit a fade, this course fits him like it did Weir, Bubba, and Phil. He can fade while others are transitioining to a draw

for these reasons, I decided immediately as the Players ended, that I was picking Harman in round 1 even if it wasn't "value" just to make sure he wasn't picked before me early in round 2. Then I saw his masters performances and decided I could wait until round 2 :lol: .  I still very much wanted him because he has yet to play Augusta as a major champion and is playing the best golf of his career and watching him seemingly drain every putt at Sawgrass.....   but the extra depth with LIV players threw me and I couldn't resist Cam Smith 

My team hinges on Cantlay. He was terrific at Riviera, but has struggled in other tourneys this year so far. It was a value pick as I don’t actually have him in my top ten. Probably should have picked Bryson instead, but we’ll see. 

Does a Masters win come with an asterisk this year since KSB isn't playing? 

No more finishing the draft early. I like finishing on Wednesday, so we only have 1 day to wait for it to start

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, edjr said:

No more finishing the draft early. I like finishing on Wednesday, so we only have 1 day to wait for it to start

You’d b1tch about a blowjob 😂

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, bostonlager said:

Bryson - Augusta is where length matters and he has had success here multiple times in the past. 

Not following you here.  His best Masters was all the way back in 2016 as an AM.  T21.  His next best finish is 29th.  This is in Masters fields where a third of the field are made up of ams or old guys.  

He missed the last 2 cuts. 

What success?  (Slack given for being drunk)

11 minutes ago, dain11279 said:

You’d b1tch about a blowjob 😂

Not from your mom :wub: 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Not following you here.  His best Masters was all the way back in 2016 as an AM.  T21.  His next best finish is 29th.  This is in Masters fields where a third of the field are made up of ams or old guys.  

I realized that this morning when I was checking stats. His length should help though or at least I hope it does or else I'm going to be looking at a top pick for the Wells Fargo. 

14 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

You should join edex and show us what you know :cheers: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, edjr said:

You should join edex and show us what you know :cheers: 

I've invited him before. I don't think he likes us. :(

I never understood people complaining about the old past champions still playing in the Masters. As far as i'm concerned, they earned the right to roll up to the first tee in a wheelchair and putt the ball down the fairway. Put them all in the last groups and don't worry about how slow they play while shooting 100. They won a green jacket 

Freddy isn't in that category but at some point he'd be looked at the same as Ian Woosnam, etc. 

Rahm has baked beans and hush puppies on the menu 

2 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

when you say hush puppies I'm assuming you are referring to the croquetas. They are focking delicious and if you've never had them, I highly suggest you give them a try... even at an americanized tapas place. the ham ones are the best but he already has iberica ham on the menu as well. He has some great tapas on there. Spanish omelette is great, spicy chorizo also great.  The lentil stew is the only thing that sounds gross but it also looks like its a family dish. 

10 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

No Fried Chicken and Collard Greens?

22 hours ago, Alias Detective said:

Rahm's Champions dinner looks like ass.

• Tapas y Pintos (Starters and small snacks): Ibericos (Acord-fed Iberian ham cured pork loin), Idiazabal con Trufa Negra (Idiazabal cheese, black truffle), Tortilla de Patatas (Spanish omelette, onions with confit potatoes), Chistorra con Patata (Spicy Basque chorizo and potato), Lentejas Estofadas (Mama Rahm’s classic lentil stew), Croqueta de Pollo (Creamy chicken fritters with confit potatoes).
  • First course: Ensalada de Txangurro (Basque crab salad and potato)
  • Main course: Chuleton a la Parrilla (Basque ribeye steak with Tudela lettuce and Piquillo peppers) or Rodaballo al Pil-Pil (Basque fish dish with turbot and Navarra white asparagus)
  • Dessert: Milhojas de Crema y Nata (puff pastry cake with custard and chantilly cream)

1 hour ago, Alias Detective said:
  • Tapas y Pintos (Starters and small snacks): Ibericos (Acord-fed Iberian ham cured pork loin), Idiazabal con Trufa Negra (Idiazabal cheese, black truffle), Tortilla de Patatas (Spanish omelette, onions with confit potatoes), Chistorra con Patata (Spicy Basque chorizo and potato), Lentejas Estofadas (Mama Rahm’s classic lentil stew), Croqueta de Pollo (Creamy chicken fritters with confit potatoes).
  • First course: Ensalada de Txangurro (Basque crab salad and potato)
  • Main course: Chuleton a la Parrilla (Basque ribeye steak with Tudela lettuce and Piquillo peppers) or Rodaballo al Pil-Pil (Basque fish dish with turbot and Navarra white asparagus)
  • Dessert: Milhojas de Crema y Nata (puff pastry cake with custard and chantilly cream)

That looks delicious to me, except a little heavy on the taters in the tapas.  :thumbsup: 

2 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

I never understood people complaining about the old past champions still playing in the Masters. As far as i'm concerned, they earned the right to roll up to the first tee in a wheelchair and putt the ball down the fairway. Put them all in the last groups and don't worry about how slow they play while shooting 100. They won a green jacket 

Freddy isn't in that category but at some point he'd be looked at the same as Ian Woosnam, etc. 

I still want video of sam snead when they rolled em out there....he toed the ball....drilled a spectator and fell over.

16 hours ago, bostonlager said:

Draft analysis part 1. If you want to add these up it will give you the power rankings I've posted in the past. This is where each player is ranked according to a computer model I follow. 

lager:              1 --- 7 --- 38 --- 40 --- 56 --- 41

dain:                3 --- 20 --- 28 --- 29 --- 50 --- 47

Fumble:           9 --- 8 --- 25 --- 31 --- 63 --- 70

jerry:                2 --- 15 --- 16 --- 27 --- 35 ---  49 

Wonder:          17 ---  21 --- 23 --- 30 --- 73 --- 60

Alias:               10 --- 11 --- 34 --- 26 --- 42 --- 46 

patweiser:      12 --- 6 --- 18 --- 22 --- 32 --- 33

edjr:                 13 --- 4 --- 39 --- 36 --- 69 --- 59

Clocaine:        5 --- 19 --- 24 --- 14 --- 37 --- 45

Oof, Fatsuyama gets a 17 in the first?  My top 3 are ranked higher.  Which means I'm in play for Scheffler in the next tourney.  :wall: 

5 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Oof, Fatsuyama gets a 17 in the first?  My top 3 are ranked higher.  Which means I'm in play for Scheffler in the next tourney.  :wall: 

Not that I care about rankings but I find that surprising. Almost every ranking site I browse for the bigger events, as well as popular statistical models have Matsumama ranked very high. At least in the top 10 if not top 5. 

19 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Not that I care about rankings but I find that surprising. Almost every ranking site I browse for the bigger events, as well as popular statistical models have Matsumama ranked very high. At least in the top 10 if not top 5. 

Oh, I agree.

Also, @patweisers44's team, top to bottom, is amazing in those rankings.  So he is probably doomed the worst. :thumbsup: 

• Haha 1

Decki hwd a bad year last season.  He was a mess for large parts of the season.  Yet he didnt finish worse than 32nd in any of thr majors.

He looks like he is back to his normal elite ball striking this season.  

Just now, Gutterboys Flip Flops said:

Straka with an ace

PAY UP BITCHES!!!!!!

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

That looks delicious to me, except a little heavy on the taters in the tapas.  :thumbsup: 

The taters does it I guess.  Also, I don’t want pork loin.  Give me the tenderloin.  And custard?  Is Rahm 70?

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

PAY UP BITCHES!!!!!!

Sucks to be you.  If only he can duplicate during the tournament.

8 minutes ago, Gutterboys Flip Flops said:

Fowler leading the par 3 at -5

How has the par 3 winner done in the past?  

8 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

The taters does it I guess.  Also, I don’t want pork loin.  Give me the tenderloin.  And custard?  Is Rahm 70?

I don't know all of the tradition, but it seems like he is providing authentic food from his homeland, including his mom's lentil stew which is super cute.  :wub: 

It's not like he's from China and serving raw pangolin from the Wuhan wet market.  :dunno: 

These guys can eat whatever they want at any dinner.  This is more of an experience feel IMO.

I was listening to a podcast over the weekend and they said the champion must pay for the dinner. 

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

I don't know all of the tradition, but it seems like he is providing authentic food from his homeland, including his mom's lentil stew which is super cute.  :wub: 

It's not like he's from China and serving raw pangolin from the Wuhan wet market.  :dunno: 

These guys can eat whatever they want at any dinner.  This is more of an experience feel IMO.

Fair point.

1 minute ago, bostonlager said:

I was listening to a podcast over the weekend and they said the champion must pay for the dinner. 

Interesting.