Sign in to follow this  
50 years ago today (4.8.1974), Hank Aaron hits HR 715…

Finishes his career as the all-time HR leader with 755…

Barry Bonds breaks his record and ends his career with the all-time record of 762…

Aaron never had a season of 50 HRs ... sorry, but the guy cannot be recognized as anything more than a stat padder, in that sense. 

Would you call a pitcher who never had a 20 win season the GOAT? 

Or a batter who never had a 200 hit season? 

I realize 50 HR seasons are fewer and far between, but, still ... big ball of MEH on this one - it should've had an asterik, just like the 61* for Maris.

• Confused 1

47 minutes ago, NEWPOSTERGUY! said:

Aaron never had a season of 50 HRs ... sorry, but the guy cannot be recognized as anything more than a stat padder, in that sense. 

I realize 50 HR seasons are fewer and far between, but, still ... big ball of MEH on this one - it should've had an asterik, just like the 61* for Maris.

The Bert Behome Blyleven of hitting

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, edjr said:

The Bert Behome Blyleven of hitting

Ruth hit his 714 in some 4,000+ less at bats than Aaron, to boot. 

Hank ain't the King, folks 🤷

Just now, NEWPOSTERGUY! said:

Ruth hit his 714 in some 4,000+ less at bats than Aaron, to boot. 

Hank ain't the King, folks 🤷

Ruth also played against milkmen and postman and only white people.

Baroid Bonds is the king. 

We are bagging on Hank Aaron today.  3771 hits, 755 of them HR's.  Stat Padder.  :lol:

Jeez, you guys are never happy.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

We are bagging on Hank Aaron today.  3771 hits, 755 of them HR's.  Stat Padder.  :lol:

Jeez, you guys are never happy.

.928 career OPS. 44th all time in MLB

6 minutes ago, edjr said:

.928 career OPS. 44th all time in MLB

Did you know that through today (April 4, 2024) in baseball history, and since 1876 (first year of the National League), there have been a total of 20,566 Major League ballplayers?

You're right, that's pretty low.

3 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

You're right, that's pretty low.

Try to keep up

1 hour ago, NEWPOSTERGUY! said:

Henry Aaron is the Homerun King.  And are you chuckleheads going to forget he is the all time RBI king too?  Driving in runs is kinda important. 

His 162 Average

107 Runs, 185 hits, 31 Doubles, 37 HR, 113 RBI and .928 OPS 

Ohtani 162

100 runs, 158 hits, 30 doubles, 39HR, 101 RBI and .923 OPS.  

Aaron would be paid 40+Million a year easily.  

He consistently put up high numbers when the majority of his career was played with a higher mound.  Again, bag on him all you want, I think he's one of the greatest to ever play the game. 

26 minutes ago, edjr said:

Ruth also played against milkmen and postman and only white people

Your mother's a fockin' milkman

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Henry Aaron is the Homerun King.  And are you chuckleheads going to forget he is the all time RBI king too?  Driving in runs is kinda important. 

Also 4th in runs scored :o 

1 minute ago, NEWPOSTERGUY! said:

Your mother's a fockin' milkman

I thought she was focking THE milkman?

Babe Ruth: TOP 10 HISTORY IN THE FOLLOWING CATEGORIES

LAST UPDATED: 6/3/2023

1ST

ALL-TIME SLUGGING %

1ST

ALL-TIME OPS

2ND

ALL-TIME RBI

2ND

ALL-TIME ON-BASE %

3RD

ALL-TIME HOME RUNS

3RD

ALL-TIME WALKS

4TH

ALL-TIME RUNS

6TH

ALL-TIME TOTAL BASES

10TH

ALL-TIME BATTING AVERAGE

BABE RUTH'S CAREER MLB STATS

GAMES

AT BATS

RUNS

HITS

DOUBLES

TRIPLES

HOME RUNS

RBI

STEALS

WALKS

BATTING AVG

OPS

ON BASE %

Just now, NEWPOSTERGUY! said:

Too small. Can't read 🤡

Ah, nostalgia... I remember that HR.  I was almost 8 yrs old, really the beginning of a lot of my memories.  I was into baseball, tried out for little league.  Started collecting baseball cards in earnest - got the entire set in 1976, the only year I did it.  This was solely by buying packs at the local store when I had made enough money from chores and delivering newspapers, which I may have started that early.

Speaking of paperboys, can you imagine today:  sending out a kid that young on his bike to fling papers at peoples' doors, then sending him alone every two weeks to random peoples' houses to collect money?  We coddle kids too much today.  :thumbsdown: 

30 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Speaking of paperboys, can you imagine today:  sending out a kid that young on his bike to fling papers at peoples' doors, then sending him alone every two weeks to random peoples' houses to collect money?  We coddle kids too much today.  :thumbsdown: 

This is why girls have it so much easier. Imagine tips you can get from going into a strangers house to collect money?

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

Ah, nostalgia... I remember that HR.  I was almost 8 yrs old, really the beginning of a lot of my memories.  I was into baseball, tried out for little league.  Started collecting baseball cards in earnest - got the entire set in 1976, the only year I did it.  This was solely by buying packs at the local store when I had made enough money from chores and delivering newspapers, which I may have started that early.

When I was a kid, I loved science, and I really loved the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago.  Between the ages of 10 - 14., my father would drop me and my brother off there on the way to work and then pick us up at 5PM.  He'd be locked up today for doing something like.

I remember being pissed that those knuckleheads ran on to the field while Hank was rounding the bases. Two clowns had to get in the way of his achievement.  

HE NEVER HIT FITTY

TO CALL HIM THE HR KING IS REAL SH1TTY

HOPE YOU ENJOYED MY DITTY

:music_guitarred:

2 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Did the same for 1978. Only year I ever accomplished that feat.

I just completed my 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976 & 1977 sets via ebay. Too bad I didn't keep all my extras from 1975. Had a shitton of George Brett rookie cards I burned. He was a dime a dozen back then. I do have 3 of them.

• Like 1

poor hank, had to wait the entire offseason sitting on 714, always looking over his shoulder from someone in the kkk to sneak up behind him

3 hours ago, Baker Boy said:

Lynette Woodard believes her scoring record stands despite Caitlin Clark breaking it

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/lynette-woodard-believes-her-scoring-record-stands

See, the thing with Clarkie is that all the racist haters would do a complete 180° if she bent the knee and acted the wigga foo' (like Van Lith & Bueckers do) ... but Cait don't play that sh1t, she ain't interested in dumbing herself down just so she can be invited to the cookout ...

Fock those bigots. 

• Thanks 1