thegeneral

AZ Brings Back 160 Year Old Abortion Ban

1 minute ago, Jose M said:

Gutterboy back to fake news. What a cuck. 

🤣

it's all he knows - the Glory Hole Propaganda is too delicious for him.  He can't get enough.  Him and his fellow twinks on this forum.

6 minutes ago, Jose M said:

Gutterboy back to fake news. What a cuck. 

🤣

Tony Perkins is fake news now? 🤣🤣🤣

Terrible night for you.

“Donald Trump did this”. 

Between now and Election Day Democrats just have to keep repeating this over and over. Republicans will not be able to run away from this no matter how they try. They are royally screwed. 

Just now, The Real timschochet said:

“Donald Trump did this”. 

Between now and Election Day Democrats just have to keep repeating this over and over. Republicans will not be able to run away from this no matter how they try. They are royally screwed. 

And what a horrible miscalculation for Republicans in both Florida and Arizona, incentivizing women to come to the polls (putting both states in the blue column if these ballot initiatives stand). 

1 minute ago, The Real timschochet said:

“Donald Trump did this”. 

They need to get those stickers and put them on gas pumps with a picture of Trump pointing to the price saying “I did this”. 

1 minute ago, squistion said:

And what a horrible miscalculation for Republicans in both Florida and Arizona, incentivizing women to come to the polls (putting both states in the blue column if these ballot initiatives stand). 

They weren’t incentivized last time? They were told then that abortion was at stake. 2016 too. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

They weren’t incentivized last time? They were told then that abortion was at stake. 2016 too. 

There was a world before Dobbs and a world after it. 

9 minutes ago, Ron_Artest said:

Tony Perkins is fake news now? 🤣🤣🤣

Terrible night for you.

No the someone says someone from Trumps camp says he'd support a national ban is fake news. Same exact thing happened last month and the campaign issued a statement saying its not true. Go kick yourself in the balls dumbasss. 

Biggest idiot on the board by a mile. Jesus. 

• Thanks 1

JFC. Lester Holt just said on NBC Nightly that although Trump takes credit for RvW he does NOT support a national ban. Just now!

😔

JFC. Lester Holt just said on NBC Nightly that although Trump takes credit for RvW he does NOT support a national ban. 

😔

GheyArtest will be back shortly.  He has to see what his masters on the plantation tell him to say in response.  Just give him a few minutes.

2 minutes ago, Jose M said:

JFC. Lester Holt just said on NBC Nightly that although Trump takes credit for RvW he does NOT support a national ban. Just now!

😔

Who cares what he says now? He made a national ban possible. He made all the state bans possible. This is all on him. 
Plus the guy changes his mind every 20 seconds anyhow. Why are you defending him? 

So boarder and economy still the top two issues for Americans.  

Blue hairs worked up about states deciding abortion can settle down.  

14 hours ago, Maximum Overkill said:

What kind of problems do you have in life if your biggest concern is abortion? 🌈 

What kind of problems do you have in life if your biggest concern is trannies?

12 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

There was a world before Dobbs and a world after it. 

Maybe you can tell me how a national abortion ban could come about? 

Just now, gas said:

What kind of problems do you have in life if your biggest concern is trannies?

Gotta give props when props are due. Good one. 

2 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Who cares what he says now? He made a national ban possible. He made all the state bans possible. This is all on him. 
Plus the guy changes his mind every 20 seconds anyhow. Why are you defending him? 

The OP tried that BS saying Trump changed his mind from two weeks ago. Hasn't been back in the thread since I asked for a link. You can just shut it. Nobody is interested in blowhard fiction. 

And tax breaks for the Rich, of course.  

12 minutes ago, Jose M said:

No the someone says someone from Trumps camp says he'd support a national ban is fake news. Same exact thing happened last month and the campaign issued a statement saying its not true. Go kick yourself in the balls dumbasss. 

Biggest idiot on the board by a mile. Jesus. 

This guy thinks trump doesn't lie 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

So boarder and economy still the top two issues for Americans.  

Blue hairs worked up about states deciding abortion can settle down.  

You obviously really don’t understand anything about politics do you? 

Abortion can be 3rd for the majority when  it comes to issues. Or even 10th. It doesn’t matter. All that matters is that in Arizona, Florida, and a few other swing states, there’s maybe 10-15% of NEW VOTERS for whom abortion is the #1 issue. They are new and they are going to the polls because of the initiatives on the ballot that protect abortion. And they are enough to defeat Republicans in all important races in those states, including Trump. 

The OP tried that BS saying Trump changed his mind from two weeks ago. Hasn't been back in the thread since I asked for a link. You can just shut it. Nobody is interested in blowhard fiction. 

And tax breaks for the Rich, of course.  

He did change his mind. He floated a 15 week ban. Then he saw it was unpopular and backed off. For now. 

1 minute ago, Ron_Artest said:

This guy thinks trump doesn't lie 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Your retard translation filter is off again.   Of course he does. Make a trip to Oz to get your brains strawman.  

Your retard translation filter is off again.   Of course he does. Make a trip to Oz to get your brains strawman.  

It’s really an embarrassment for you to imply that anyone else is stupid. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jose M said:

Take a lap.

4 minutes ago, Jose M said:

Well, I'm glad you realize we  need a retard translator when you post.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

It’s really an embarrassment for you to imply that anyone else is stupid. 

Now youre going to cuck for gutterboy? 

You read my post. Is your takeaway that I think Trump never lies?  

No its not.  This is why you're a limpwrist blowhard nobody takes seriously. Hot takes and cucking. Nice work.  

He can't answer if his pro choice or pro life now.  He's really rocked himself trying to take both side.  What an idiot.

4 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

I once again put the AZ Republican representatives up against any other state for being utter idiots.  They could get the 15 week ban, but instead, they'll end up with a constitutional amendment that basically allows abortion until the baby pops out.  

Focking ratards.  :( 

No public funds for non medically necessary abortions, get your coat hangers out whores 

The guy who wrote the law kidnapped and raped several kids, 12 and 14 years old, impregnated then and wrote the law to to force them to give birth to his kids.

Trump did this.

24 minutes ago, Ron_Artest said:

The guy who wrote the law kidnapped and raped several kids, 12 and 14 years old, impregnated then and wrote the law to to force them to give birth to his kids.

Trump did this.

What, the law from the 1860s?  Trumpf$#@!  :lol:

Arizona House Votes to Repeal 1864 Abortion Ban, Sending Bill to State Senate

Three Republicans joined Democrats in repealing the law.

The Arizona House of Representatives approved a bill on April 24 to remove the state’s strict abortion prohibition. The vote comes two weeks after a judge ruled that the state could enforce the 1864 legislation, which contains an exemption only for cases in which the mother’s life is in danger.

On the day of the vote, three Republicans joined all 29 Democrats in repealing that legislation, which does not include any exceptions for rape or incest and was passed before Arizona became a state.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/us/arizona-house-votes-to-repeal-1864-abortion-ban-sending-bill-to-state-senate-5636662?utm_source=RTNews&src_src=RTNews&utm_campaign=rtbreaking-2024-04-24-5&src_cmp=rtbreaking-2024-04-24-5&utm_medium=email&est=AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa%2Bc5ZwpCztPd4LIuuWhYArg0yEwD%2BTwvt3acngPVaRuLrk%2FaLA%3D%3D

Thank goodness.  Hopefully the Senate can get it passed and we can put in a reasonable law.

Just now, jerryskids said:

I'm glad they did that.  But I'm disappointed that it was only a couple of Republicans that caused that and the others are out there saying it shouldn't have passed.  As you've noted in the past, it's not a good look.  Even if one is pro life, they should be able to acknowledge that there's got to be a middle ground, a compromise, on this issue.  It's not going to be banned so find a reasonable middle ground that most Americans are good with and pass that.  I just don't understand wtf these people are doing.  You got Roe overturned.  Now do the right thing. 

9 minutes ago, Strike said:

I'm glad they did that.  But I'm disappointed that it was only a couple of Republicans that caused that and the others are out there saying it shouldn't have passed.  As you've noted in the past, it's not a good look.  Even if one is pro life, they should be able to acknowledge that there's got to be a middle ground, a compromise, on this issue.  It's not going to be banned so find a reasonable middle ground that most Americans are good with and pass that.  I just don't understand wtf these people are doing.  You got Roe overturned.  Now do the right thing. 

I know... also I just read that if they get this overturned, the 15 week ban goes into place.  That was a law passed 10 years ago, but which oddly says that it doesn't supersede the 1864 law.  People blame our state supreme court, but they were just doing their job.  This is for the legislature to figure out, like SCOTUS wanted.

Also, this saddens me:

Some Republicans, such as former President Donald Trump, have distanced themselves from the ban and called for compromise.

Others, including Arizona House Speaker Ben Toma, have defended it.

"Some of us believe that abortion is in fact the murder of children," Mr Toma said on the house floor last week.

Legislator Matt Gress, one of the three Republicans to vote with Democrats on Wednesday, said in a statement that ban was "unworkable" and "out of line with the values of Arizonans".

Soon after the vote, Mr Gress was reportedly removed from the appropriations committee by Mr Toma.

But it looks like it should pass the Senate and I'm glad Hobbs said she'd sign it.  I was afraid she'd find a way to nix it, because if the 1864 law is in place, the "abortion until birth" constitutional amendment would almost definitely pass.

The bill now moves to the senate, where there is a good chance it will pass.

Last week, two Republican senators voted to advance a similar bill. That suggests there is enough Republican support in the senate to get the repeal through.

Arizona's Governor Katie Hobbs, a Democrat, has indicated she will sign the bill if it reaches her desk.

https://www.aol.com/arizona-takes-major-step-toward-222100680.html