Sign in to follow this  
jonmx

Feds to charge Ohtani's Interpreter. Entire Forum was Wrong

23 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Similar  logic is used for every conspiracy theory I have ever read about in my life. Which is why there is no way to disprove conspiracy theories. 

It’s quite amusing to watch @Jon_mx, perhaps the single biggest purveyor of conspiracy theories in this forum (which is really saying something) act with rational common sense for once. But hey I applaud it. 

It is hilarious to see how @jonmx has acted regarding Ohtani compared to usual.

But to clarify.  Saying Ohtani was the one gambling would be a conspiracy theory.

I don’t think saying Ohtani may have paid Mizuhara’s debts is a conspiracy theory.  It’s literally the explanation official Ohtani representatives initially gave.

I didn't call you out  @jonmx when the facts are Lee Harvey Oswald was arrested for the assassination of JFK, or actually I might have, can't remember.

3 hours ago, TimHauck said:

It is hilarious to see how @jonmx has acted regarding Ohtani compared to usual.

But to clarify.  Saying Ohtani was the one gambling would be a conspiracy theory.

I don’t think saying Ohtani may have paid Mizuhara’s debts is a conspiracy theory.  It’s literally the explanation official Ohtani representatives initially gave.

It was the explanation the interpreter said and someone else repeated.  It was incorrectly attributed to Ohtani.  

2 hours ago, Gepetto said:

I didn't call you out  @jonmx when the facts are Lee Harvey Oswald was arrested for the assassination of JFK, or actually I might have, can't remember.

I have no idea what this even means.  Anything your dumbass would call me out dkr would be wrong.  LHO was arrested at the Theater.  The initial charge against him was concerning Tippett.  Oswald was later charged in the JFK shooting, which LHO claimed he was unaware of.  

3 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Similar  logic is used for every conspiracy theory I have ever read about in my life. Which is why there is no way to disprove conspiracy theories. 

It’s quite amusing to watch @Jon_mx, perhaps the single biggest purveyor of conspiracy theories in this forum (which is really saying something) act with rational common sense for once. But hey I applaud it. 

I don't believe in conspiracy theories, I believe in actual conspiracies.   You deny facts which prove them beyond any doubt simply on the denial of the guilty parties.  

1 minute ago, jonmx said:

I have no idea what this even means.  Anything your dumbass would call me out dkr would be wrong.  LHO was arrested at the Theater.  The initial charge against him was concerning Tippett.  Oswald was later charged in the JFK shooting, which LHO claimed he was unaware of.  

You take a firm stand on issues that you don't know 100% for certain you are correct about, is all I'm saying, so for you to go on here and call everyone out that was suspicious of Ohtani is ridiculous.

4 minutes ago, jonmx said:

It was the explanation the interpreter said and someone else repeated.  It was incorrectly attributed to Ohtani.  

“Someone else” that was also being paid by Ohtani.  That is a pretty colossal screw up if they were simply taking the word of the guy they already knew had $4.5 million in gambling debt, and if Ohtani was not present when Mizuhara was relaying the story to the representative.  Even if they were only speaking English, it seemed people speaking English was how Ohtani supposedly figured out that something was up.

8 minutes ago, jonmx said:

I don't believe in conspiracy theories, I believe in actual conspiracies.   

Deserves a t-shirt. Of course everyone would laugh at you. 

11 hours ago, jonmx said:

Not news, but jon_mx once again fights forum's lynch mob and is proven correct.  Feds are wrapping up investigation and will charge the interpreter with theft

Don't you just love people that speak about themselves in the third person? 😁

So now it’s over 16 million. 4 million was silly. 16 million is laugh out loud 

16 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

According to his culture, he must now perform the ancient act of Harry Carey upon himself to save his family's honor. 

40 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

“Someone else” that was also being paid by Ohtani.  That is a pretty colossal screw up if they were simply taking the word of the guy they already knew had $4.5 million in gambling debt, and if Ohtani was not present when Mizuhara was relaying the story to the representative.  Even if they were only speaking English, it seemed people speaking English was how Ohtani supposedly figured out that something was up.

You are so hung up on Ohtani being confused that day and a spokesman repeating a lie from the interpreter.   You act like Ohtani is some massive corporation which tracks cash flow and has all his spokesmen locked down.  He is a baseball player whose focus is on being the best ballplayer ever.   Money and PR is not something that concerns him. 

1 hour ago, jonmx said:

You are so hung up on Ohtani being confused that day and a spokesman repeating a lie from the interpreter.   You act like Ohtani is some massive corporation which tracks cash flow and has all his spokesmen locked down.  He is a baseball player whose focus is on being the best ballplayer ever.   Money and PR is not something that concerns him. 

Yeah like I said, a spokesman repeating the lie is a colossal screwup even given what they knew at the time.  I presume the Dodgers also allowed it, who should be concerned with the PR surrounding Ohtani.

But I just listened to the press conference, and sounds like they do have good evidence that it was theft.  Congrats, you were most likely right.  You still didn’t have good reason to be so confident about it originally without having this evidence.

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah, none of this is making sense. 

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

Yeah like I said, a spokesman repeating the lie is a colossal screwup even given what they knew at the time.  I presume the Dodgers also allowed it, who should be concerned with the PR surrounding Ohtani.

But I just listened to the press conference, and sounds like they do have good evidence that it was theft.  Congrats, you were most likely right.  You still didn’t have good reason to be so confident about it originally without having this evidence.

Yes I did.  There was evidence day 1 that the interpreter was a liar and a fraud who completely misreprented who he was to get the Dodger's job as interpreter.  It was known the bookie and the interpreter met and began a relationship and the bookie had zero contact with Ohtani.  This guy lied in the press conference and changed his story soon after.  Another interpreter heard the interpreter misrepresenting what he said to Ohtani.  

On the other hand, Ohtani is the most straight-arrow dedicated person you will ever find.  A true unicorn who has dedicated his life to being a great baseball player.  

I would have bet ever cent I had that Ohtani was being truthful and was swindled by this liar.  Just like the Dodgers were and the bank was.  Ohtani was not the only one who this con man made fools of. 

25 minutes ago, Reality said:

Yeah, none of this is making sense. 

The only thing that doesn't make sense is people don't comprehend that the interpreter stole Ohtani's identity.  He impersonated Ohtani to the bank.  He change the email and phone number to his.  The bank would call and he would pretend to be Ohtani.  All these mornic talking heads are moronic azz clowns.  The banks were fooled.  

6 minutes ago, Reality said:

16 million dollars, lol. Sure.

The FBI has gone over testimony, looked at text messages, interviewed all parties involved, listened to recorded messages between the bank and interpreter, have all the phone records, and bank records....they have investigated and pieced together exactly how it happened.  There is no doubt what went down.  But you want to believe some azz clown clueless talking heads who it doesn't make sense to.  

Ohtani files taxes. How could his accountant(s) not catch this?  c'mon

15 minutes ago, jonmx said:

The FBI has gone over testimony, looked at text messages, interviewed all parties involved, listened to recorded messages between the bank and interpreter, have all the phone records, and bank records....they have investigated and pieced together exactly how it happened.  There is no doubt what went down.  But you want to believe some azz clown clueless talking heads who it doesn't make sense to.  

Bud, he's not gonna let you suck his c@ck.

Relax.

2 minutes ago, Reality said:

Bud, he's not gonna let you suck his c@ck.

Relax.

I am just telling you the facts.  But apparently trying to educate morons is not effective. 

38 minutes ago, jonmx said:

This all makes a lot of sense to me. 

I just wish you gave the FBI similar credit and trust on other issues of more consequence to this nation. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

Ohtani files taxes. How could his accountant(s) not catch this?  c'mon

You refuse to give it up.  Tax accountants do not balance your books.   They look at income and deductions.   They do not audit every expense or look at every transaction.  

15 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I just wish you gave the FBI similar credit and trust on other issues of more consequence to this nation. 

The FBI building is named after one of the most corrupt leaders in history, who hired prostitutes to entrap and blackmail politicians, who kept secret files on citizens.  The CIA history of corruption is much much worse.  

There are legitimate roles these institutions do which is their justification for existence.   But because of the lack of transparency and accountability, these organizations perform many corrupt activities and are expecially corrupt at the top.  Unfortunately it is human nature.  You can not give enormous power to anyone without the proper checks and balances in place.   The fact that FBI heads can go in front of Congress and can just refuse to answer questions shows how dysfunctional and corrupt the system is.  There needs to be tremendous structural changes to estsblish honesty and integrity in them. 

Our FBI is the modern day mob.  They do good things to keep the peace and provide protection, but they take too much from you in return. 

Well it seems Ohtani was a victim and my suspicions we're wrong. Which is good because he's really good and likeable and I have two of his rookie cards graded 9 and 9.5 and worth $300 and $400.

Mizuhara allegedly told Ohtani's financial advisers and accountants, none of whom spoke Japanese, that Ohtani had denied them access to the account, according to the affidavit.

1 hour ago, jonmx said:

The FBI building is named after one of the most corrupt leaders in history, who hired prostitutes to entrap and blackmail politicians, who kept secret files on citizens.  The CIA history of corruption is much much worse.  

There are legitimate roles these institutions do which is their justification for existence.   But because of the lack of transparency and accountability, these organizations perform many corrupt activities and are expecially corrupt at the top.  Unfortunately it is human nature.  You can not give enormous power to anyone without the proper checks and balances in place.   The fact that FBI heads can go in front of Congress and can just refuse to answer questions shows how dysfunctional and corrupt the system is.  There needs to be tremendous structural changes to estsblish honesty and integrity in them. 

Our FBI is the modern day mob.  They do good things to keep the peace and provide protection, but they take too much from you in return. 

It seems to me that in your eyes the FBI is corrupt only when they produce a result that you don’t like politically. Otherwise you have no problem with them. I note that you regard the mainstream media the same way. 

3 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

I wish you would too. You’re more concerned about abortion than what the FBI director had to say today.  

2 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

It seems to me that in your eyes the FBI is corrupt only when they produce a result that you don’t like politically. Otherwise you have no problem with them. I note that you regard the mainstream media the same way. 

The FBI and the media fundamental purpose is to serve the interest of the ruling elites but they still must operate under the color of law and the color of a free independant press.  The most effective authoritarian state is one which the people are under the illusion it is not an authoritarian state. 

For instance you are completely oblivious the massively oppressive censorship which exists in America today.  YouTube routinely demonitizes and shadow bans content that I try to follow.  All my comments get immediately hidden.  Content providers I subscribe to, I get unsubscribed from.  There are so many hidden games that Google/YouTube does to promote certain ideas and to suppress others.   

Media and social media should be platforms which ideas compete on an equal basis and the superior idea wins.   Instead the game is rigged with the ultimate goal to continuing the rapid increasing and centralization of power in Washington DC and monopolistic corporations.  I consider that fascism, but regardless it is authoritarianism which is inherently corrupt and evil.