Sign in to follow this  
squistion

Trump's NY Election Interference Trial (Defense rests. Trump did not take the stand)

7 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

Oh boy. Agree to disagree.

:cheers:

https://twitter.com/KatiePhang/status/1788943947659727175

The prosecution then calls Jenny Tomalin, who works at Verizon as a senior analyst, exec relations since 2017.

Her duties include appearing in court to testify about records Subpoena compliance coordinator before this role Been at Verizon 18 years.

She is testifying as a Custodian of Records for the admission of cellphone records.

Biden had classified docs from his time as Senator that were ONLY allowed to be viewed in a SCIF.  He had classified docs in his garage next to his Corvette.  His lawyers coreographed the turning over of docs.  But yeah it's Trump who should be prosecuted.  SURE.

2 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

This is a stunning assertion. Not only that it’s demonstrably untrue. 

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/04/27/politics/donald-trump-joe-biden-fact-checker

Every time Biden speaks, he tells a lie.....every time....and its unprovoked....meaning I cannot believe anything he says.....  Trump is simply less bad with it....and at the end of the day, I will take the liar that does not fock up everything he touches....so Trump for me

1 minute ago, Strike said:

Biden had classified docs from his time as Senator that were ONLY allowed to be viewed in a SCIF.  He had classified docs in his garage next to his Corvette.  His lawyers coreographed the turning over of docs.  But yeah it's Trump who should be prosecuted.  SURE.

They said Biden handled them recklessly. That was not what they charged Don with.

How do people still not get this 😂😂😂

1 minute ago, thegeneral said:

I thought it was pretty funny.

Me too.  I've learned not to take him seriously anymore.

Just now, Ron_Artest said:

Me too.  I've learned not to take him seriously anymore.

I like RLLD. I think that one was a bit tongue in cheek 😂

Just now, thegeneral said:

They said Biden handled them recklessly. That was not what they charged Don with.

🍊🍆😮

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Except for a motive to commit the fraud.  :rolleyes:

Who was defrauded?   Voters?  These checks were after the election.   Only a complete fuking moron would buy into this case.    Nothing about it passes the smell test.  

16 minutes ago, Ron_Artest said:

Because he editorialized his report, calling Biden an "elderly Man with a poor memory".  But in testimony, Hur cleared that up stating that Biden did not exhibit signs of dementia and cleared stated the actual reasons why he decided not to prosecute.

He didn’t say he had dementia. Why did that need clearing up? More word tricks that work on dullards. He’s a likeable old man with a poor memory.  Evidenced by not knowing when he was VP or the year his son died. That’s what was said and he stated that a jury would be unlikely to convict him based on that. Anything else concerning this is spin. 

24 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

The crime they charge these people with in these cases is obstruction, conspiracy, etc.

Comey laid out in great detail why he wouldn’t recommend charging Hillary. He nicely reopened an investigation a week before people voted. 

To compare her case to Don’s it would be as if she was caught telling her people to do these things, told them to move things around after they were investigating. Don did that.

Did Clinton or her staff violate any federal laws or policies?

Comey said the FBI found evidence of “potential violations” of federal law, but such cases are generally not prosecuted“Although there is evidence of potential violations of the statutes regarding the handling of classified information, our judgment is that no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case,” Comey said.

It’s clear, though, that she violated department policies. Comey said, “To be clear, this is not to suggest that in similar circumstances a person who engaged in this activity would face no consequences. To the contrary, those individuals are often subject to security or administrative sanctions. But that is not what we are deciding now.”

Similarly, the IG report found that Clinton violated department policies that were in place at the time. That report cited the case of Jonathan Scott Gration, a former ambassador to Kenya, who ignored instructions in July 2011 not to use commercial email for government business and resigned in mid-2012 when the department initiated disciplinary action against him. “[T]he Department’s response to his actions demonstrates how such usage is normally handled when Department cybersecurity officials become aware of it,” the report said.

https://www.factcheck.org/2016/07/a-guide-to-clintons-emails/?gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjwi_exBhA8EiwA_kU1MtksPJ7uTsv9wjCZqXcMF1ZZHKUvqVxjYMVGMUTe4ub4TjOxE636txoCToAQAvD_BwE

:dunno: 

There is a lot more in that link if you want to poke around.

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

He didn’t say he had dementia. Why did that need clearing up? More word tricks that work on dullards. He’s a likeable old man with a poor memory.  Evidenced by not knowing when he was VP or the year his son died. That’s what was said and he stated that a jury would be unlikely to convict him based on that. Anything else concerning this is spin. 

He threw in that nice little nugget. The deep state strikes again! 

You nuts think it’s all some conspiracy why  he wasn’t charged when Donald was. 

1 minute ago, thegeneral said:

Right. Now look at why Trump was charged. 

I didn't bother to copy the part where, when confronted, she deleted tens of thousands of emails and physically destroyed her Blackberry (FactCheck left that part out).

On at least two occasions when Hillary Clinton changed electronic devices as secretary of state, the outgoing mobile devices met a violent end on the other side of a hammer or got broken in half.

At other moments, two of Clinton’s top aides recalled that the retiring devices’ whereabouts would often be a mystery.

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/best-of-clinton-fbi-report-227692

Does this behavior meet your definition of "cooperation"?  Put another way:  If Trump had responded by destroying documents, thus behaving similarly to Hillary, would you define that as Trump being cooperative?

3 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I didn't bother to copy the part where, when confronted, she deleted tens of thousands of emails and physically destroyed her Blackberry (FactCheck left that part out).

Does this behavior meet your definition of "cooperation"?  Put another way:  If Trump had responded by destroying documents, thus behaving similarly to Hillary, would you define that as Trump being cooperative?

He was caught ordering his people to obstruct the investigation and talking about the docs that he said he didn’t have. They then raided his house and found them.

That is what he was charged with.

3 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

He was caught ordering his people to obstruct the investigation and talking about the docs that he said he didn’t have. They then raided his house and found them.

That is what he was charged with.

Non-responsive, Venn Diagram answer.  Here, I'll copy and paste it for you, with a modification for your words:

Does this behavior meet your definition of "obstruction"?  Put another way:  If Trump had responded by destroying documents, thus behaving similarly to Hillary, would you define that as Trump being obstructive?

Hilarious watching the pretzel logic libs use to defend their people.

• Haha 1

What about the bleach bit? And you Fockin idiots bought her “you mean like wipe it with a cloth?” Garbage. Further proof the left likes being lied to. They need it.  

4 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Non-responsive, Venn Diagram answer.  Here, I'll copy and paste it for you, with a modification for your words:

Does this behavior meet your definition of "obstruction"?  Put another way:  If Trump had responded by destroying documents, thus behaving similarly to Hillary, would you define that as Trump being obstructive?

No it doesn’t. I don’t get why you all don’t get this. They have evidence that Trump directly ordered this obstruction to happen. They didn’t with Hillary.

If they had a subordinate saying “she told me to destroy they stuff they were looking for” she would have been charged. The law they got Trump with is that he willfully did this with the intent to do something the law forbids. He was talking about it, he’s a focking moron 😂

You think they did her favors reopening this a week before the election. GTFO.

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

What about the bleach bit? And you Fockin idiots bought her “you mean like wipe it with a cloth?” Garbage. Further proof the left likes being lied to. They need it.  

Donald thought it was literally acid 😂😂

Just now, thegeneral said:

No it doesn’t. I don’t get why you all don’t get this. They have evidence that Trump directly ordered this obstruction to happen. They didn’t with Hillary.

If they had a subordinate saying “she told me to destroy they stuff they were looking for” she would have been charged. The law they got Trump with is that he willfully did this with the intent to do something the law forbids. He was talking about it, he’s a focking moron 😂

You think they did her favors reopening this a week before the election. GTFO.

She ordered her people to delete emails.  It's in the Comey report, I just pasted it.

4 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

What's your point here?  The since Hillary wasn't charged, no one else should ever be charged?

Regarding Hillary, they had all opportunities to charge her.  It was determined that the emails she destroyed were not marked classified. The FBI determined no charges warranted.  Trump tried to get his DOJ to prosecute her but couldn't.  The DOJ in 2018 and 2019 supported this decision.

Still, if you want to try and charge her again, I don't care, I don't know many people that would.

But to use her as an example of why Trump should not be charged is lazy and dishonest.

Just now, Ron_Artest said:

What's your point here?  The since Hillary wasn't charged, no one else should ever be charged?

Regarding Hillary, they had all opportunities to charge her.  It was determined that the emails she destroyed were not marked classified. The FBI determined no charges warranted.  Trump tried to get his DOJ to prosecute her but couldn't.  The DOJ in 2018 and 2019 supported this decision.

Still, if you want to try and charge her again, I don't care, I don't know many people that would.

But to use her as an example of why Trump should not be charged is lazy and dishonest.

Trump wanted to? Ok. But He didn’t. Non point. 

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

She ordered her people to delete emails.  It's in the Comey report, I just pasted it.

Her version is they were not work related and that deleting old emails is part of normal process. Comey and the FBI accepted this. He blasted her for putting herself in this situation by having personal emails mixed in with work emails. 

She didn’t talk about them on tape after the investigation had begun showing them to people saying “I could have declassified these but now I can’t isn’t that cool!”

Are you starting to see how focking stupid Trump is? 

9 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Trump wanted to? Ok. But He didn’t. Non point. 

He tried but it didn't go anywhere.  He's a loser.

11 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

Her version is they were not work related and that deleting old emails is part of normal process. Comey and the FBI accepted this. He blasted her for putting herself in this situation by having personal emails mixed in with work emails. 

She didn’t talk about them on tape after the investigation had begun showing them to people saying “I could have declassified these but now I can’t isn’t that cool!”

Are you starting to see how focking stupid Trump is? 

It was determined by the FBI that none of her emails were marked classified.

16 hours ago, Fnord said:

You fist off.

Probably the only post you ever made that I genuinely laughed at... where I wasn't actually laughing at you.  :thumbsup:

16 hours ago, Fnord said:

I dunno. You said it fist, I was just quoting you.

...and the second.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Ron_Artest said:

There is a ton to all the emails. She turned over all this stuff, cooperated with them, and most importantly didn’t talk about a crime. She also testified in front of Congress for like 12 hours about Benghazi. 

But the deep state only picks on this asshat Trump. GTFO people!

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

This is a stunning assertion. Not only that it’s demonstrably untrue. 

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/04/27/politics/donald-trump-joe-biden-fact-checker

Wait...did you just try to substantiate your "facts" with a cnn fact check article?  :lol:

Oh my.  I bet you don't even realize what you've done you're in so deep.  :lol:

Ronnie and the insurance salesman just posting flat out lies at this point.  They really shouldn't be whining about Trump.

35 minutes ago, Ron_Artest said:

He tried but it didn't go anywhere.  He's a loser.

If he wanted to , he could have. Who was going to stop him? Tiny brain doesn’t know how it works.  

35 minutes ago, Ron_Artest said:

Her private server ? That legal too? 

1 hour ago, thegeneral said:

Because it is not a thing.  Recklessly is not an excuse for mishandling of classified documents.  It is the exact same crime unless there was disclosure, like Hillary whose servers were hacked.  

41 minutes ago, Ron_Artest said:

Lying turd.  Here is what the FBI officially determined:

From the group of 30,000 e-mails returned to the State Department, 110 e-mails in 52 e-mail chains have been determined by the owning agency to contain classified information at the time they were sent or received. Eight of those chains contained information that was Top Secret at the time they were sent; 36 chains contained Secret information at the time; and eight contained Confidential information, which is the lowest level of classification.

3 minutes ago, jonmx said:

Because it is not a thing.  Recklessly is not an excuse for mishandling of classified documents.  It is the exact same crime unless there was disclosure, like Hillary whose servers were hacked.  

Trump is charged with willfully retaining these docs and showing intent to impede, influence, obstruct the investigation.

Comey very thoroughly explained what Hillary did and why he didn’t recommend charges. Hur did the same for Biden.

Hur additionally pointed out why Trump was charged and Biden was not.

8 minutes ago, jonmx said:

From the group of 30,000 e-mails returned to the State Department, 110 e-mails in 52 e-mail chains have been determined by the owning agency to contain classified information at the time they were sent or received. Eight of those chains contained information that was Top Secret at the time they were sent; 36 chains contained Secret information at the time; and eight contained Confidential information, which is the lowest level of classification.

💥

3 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

Trump is charged with willfully retaining these docs and showing intent to impede, influence, obstruct the investigation.

Comey very thoroughly explained what Hillary did and why he didn’t recommend charges. Hur did the same for Biden.

Hur additionally pointed out why Trump was charged and Biden was not.

Trump had the right, as President, to do so.... no one seems to care about this fact. He had the right to object to their move to pretend he somehow unable to do what every other President had done.  Hell, even Joe Biden took some stuff.....as many politicians assuredly have done, of course those who were not President were not allowed....

This is just another attempt to find a toe-hold, some reason....any reason....to take down a political opponent.  Because that is what they are doing, it inspires alot of people to back him.....

9 minutes ago, jonmx said:

And now the rest of the story:

Although we did not find clear evidence that Secretary Clinton or her colleagues intended to violate laws governing the handling of classified information, there is evidence that they were extremely careless in their handling of very sensitive, highly classified information.

Separately, it is important to say something about the marking of classified information. Only a very small number of the e-mails containing classified information bore markings indicating the presence of classified information.