Sign in to follow this  
bostonlager

***EdEx Wells Fargo 2024***

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

I sent Ed $100 for this week and the PGA.

I saw that and have you marked off. I think dain said something about paying for this week and next but don't remember and didn't want to fish through the thread to find it. Fumble might have paid for both too. Let me know what needs updated. 

Sentry Genesis API Players Masters Wells Fargo PGA Memorial US Open The Open  
Alias Detective 50 50 50 50 50 50 50 50 50 50 500
bostonlager 50 50 50 50 50 50 50 30     380
Clocaine 50 50 50 50 50 50 50 50 50 50 500
dain 50 50 50 50 50           250
edjr 50 50 50 50 50 50 50 50 50 50 500
Fumbleweed 50 50 50 50 50 50         300
jerryskids 50 50 50 50 50 50 50       350
WhiteWonder 50 50 50 50 50 50 50 50 50 50 500
patweiser 50 50 50 50 50 50 50 50 50 50 500

39 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

What is the loft you guys hit on your driver? Mine is stock 10.5, but I turn it up a notch to put it around 12 or so. I get more distance that way than I do at the lower levels and poke it out there the same distances WW is hitting. 

I've got a Mavrik which is default 9 but programmable to 10, which I generally play (I put it back to 9 for Bandon Dunes last year which is hella windy).  Even with the 10 I hit it pretty low, which works well in (generally) hard AZ fairways but on a lush course, not so much.  I should probably hit more of an 11 or even 12 like you.  But @WhiteWonderjust gave me the secret to monster drives so I'm going to try that out first.  Seriously.  :thumbsup:

Alts

Keegan Bradley

Austin Eckroat

19 minutes ago, patweisers44 said:

Alts

Keegan Bradley

Austin Eckroat

Those are mine.  Quit stalking me!  🤪

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

last time out I had 3 or 4 drives that were roughly 290. I'm like gumby. It's all about the flexibility. Two of my friends who play (both are not good) can maybe hit 260 when they catch it perfect and both are former football player sort of meathead types who still regularly go to the gym and lift big. I have not seen the inside of a gym in 15+ years. Their swings are both extremely stiff... stiff hips, all arms

One more thing on this and then I'll stop.  

I played baseball and golf in HS, and one year of each in college.  Baseball was freshman second semester through sophomore first semester.  The summer between those two I had a job that got out at 2:30 every day and I went to the Y to work out every day.  Did I realize the importance of flexibility and core rotation?  No!!!  I pushed a lot of weight up and down like the meatheads in the gym, and reported to fall practice with the best looking body of my life... but not really helpful for baseball.

I thought of this as I watched Corbin Carroll hit a homer just now.  He's not big.  But he has that rotational torque.

I wish I could go back and tell younger "suns out guns out" Jerry to mix in some yoga and flexibility.  

alt. ludvig aberg

Alt. Is Cam Davis

14 hours ago, bostonlager said:

I saw that and have you marked off. I think dain said something about paying for this week and next but don't remember and didn't want to fish through the thread to find it. Fumble might have paid for both too. Let me know what needs updated. 

dain 50 50 50 50 50           250

I paid for this week and next. @edjr can confirm

1 minute ago, dain11279 said:

I paid for this week and next. @edjr can confirm

Let me know if I've missed anyone that has paid ahead. 

dain 50 50 50 50 50 50 50       350

Gimme lagers alts.  He is good at picking them

• Sad 1

First tee time is 11:00.

21 hours ago, jerryskids said:

One more thing on this and then I'll stop.  

I played baseball and golf in HS, and one year of each in college.  Baseball was freshman second semester through sophomore first semester.  The summer between those two I had a job that got out at 2:30 every day and I went to the Y to work out every day.  Did I realize the importance of flexibility and core rotation?  No!!!  I pushed a lot of weight up and down like the meatheads in the gym, and reported to fall practice with the best looking body of my life... but not really helpful for baseball.

I thought of this as I watched Corbin Carroll hit a homer just now.  He's not big.  But he has that rotational torque.

I wish I could go back and tell younger "suns out guns out" Jerry to mix in some yoga and flexibility.  

Golf talk is golf talk and shouldn’t be silenced. If you play this weekend, tell us how you did. 

• Thanks 1

I’m playing Friday afternoon and in a scramble on Saturday so scores may be delayed. I will be around on Sunday to update. 

1 hour ago, bostonlager said:

First tee time is 11:00.

Golf talk is golf talk and shouldn’t be silenced. If you play this weekend, tell us how you did. 

Thanks.  I may go out tomorrow, or at least to the range to try @WhiteWonder's tips.  Will advise if I do either.  High of 90 tomorrow which is quite mild in a dry climate.  Getting up into the mid 90s by the weekend; still OK, but not as much so.  :thumbsup:

37 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Thanks.  I may go out tomorrow, or at least to the range to try @WhiteWonder's tips.  Will advise if I do either.  High of 90 tomorrow which is quite mild in a dry climate.  Getting up into the mid 90s by the weekend; still OK, but not as much so.  :thumbsup:

Here’s a good video showing most of what I mentioned. In a lot of the head on shots of his stance and setup you can see the back shoulder is tilted below the lead shoulder. His body looks like a reverse K. 

11 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Here’s a good video showing most of what I mentioned. In a lot of the head on shots of his stance and setup you can see the back shoulder is tilted below the lead shoulder. His body looks like a reverse K. 

Thanks.  Watched the first 1/3, will watch the rest tomorrow.  Interested to see what he says. :cheers: 

Hopefully KSB is going to this, would like to see him get hit in the teeth with an errant tee shot. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, edjr said:

Hopefully KSB is going to this, would like to see him get hit in the teeth with an errant tee shot. 

He's been MIA for a while. 

1 minute ago, Alias Detective said:

Whoop-Whoop!

Play suspended :(

Just now, Alias Detective said:

:(

According to tweets only an hour. Teeing off at noon. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Play suspended :(

Does it have to start to be suspended? 

5 minutes ago, edjr said:

Does it have to start to be suspended? 

Deep thoughts... 🤔

🤪

2 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Deep thoughts... 🤔

🤪

I believe postponed is what you call it before it starts ;) 

41 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

my scoreboard says SUSPENDORED. 

https://www.cbssports.com/golf/leaderboard/

the internet is always wrong, have you ever read FFT?

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

the internet is always wrong, have you ever read FFT?

I have 80% of the forearm on ignore. Outside of this league and the wagering thread, there isn't much for me to read. 

Jason Day has been stealing trousers out of MC Hammer's closet again. 

• Haha 1

Tom Kim undrafted again. I'd like to see him get his sh1t together and play well again. 

The focking jap WDed before hitting a shot. :mad:

Austin Deepthroat is now in my lineup. 

I was excited this morning. First event in a few weeks and now I'm already done. 

With the first pick in the PGA Championship draft bostonlager selects. 

1.01 - Scottie Scheffler. 

6 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

I was excited this morning. First event in a few weeks and now I'm already done. 

With the first pick in the PGA Championship draft bostonlager selects. 

1.01 - Scottie Scheffler. 

I expect this type of post to elicit a harsh response from the Fuhrer

On 5/7/2024 at 7:28 PM, bostonlager said:

What is the loft you guys hit on your driver? Mine is stock 10.5, but I turn it up a notch to put it around 12 or so. I get more distance that way than I do at the lower levels and poke it out there the same distances WW is hitting. 

I missed this. I hit a high ball naturally. Very high with my irons especially. When I made the changes to my driver swing that I was detailing to Jerry, my driver was stock 9.5 and I kept it there. Because I was making an effort to catch it on the upswing with a positive angle of attack, the following season I tested out lowering the loft to 8.5. I have kept it there since. I don't really think it made much of a difference but I certainly wouldn't want to raise my loft

1 hour ago, bostonlager said:

Tom Kim undrafted again. I'd like to see him get his sh1t together and play well again. 

honestly with the undrafted names, I feel like we could have drafted 6. I know we do 5 because drafting almost the whole field seems weird but guys like Kim, Hadwin, Nick Taylor, Straka, maybe Glover are all guys I thought would be drafted. 

10 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

I missed this. I hit a high ball naturally. Very high with my irons especially. When I made the changes to my driver swing that I was detailing to Jerry, my driver was stock 9.5 and I kept it there. Because I was making an effort to catch it on the upswing with a positive angle of attack, the following season I tested out lowering the loft to 8.5. I have kept it there since. I don't really think it made much of a difference but I certainly wouldn't want to raise my loft

I prefer what you would call a 2-wood and that is the reason I ordered the new TM mini. It hasn't come in yet, but looking forward to hitting it. 

9 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

honestly with the undrafted names, I feel like we could have drafted 6. I know we do 5 because drafting almost the whole field seems weird but guys like Kim, Hadwin, Nick Taylor, Straka, maybe Glover are all guys I thought would be drafted. 

I drafted Straka

1 minute ago, bostonlager said:

I prefer what you would call a 2-wood and that is the reason I ordered the new TM mini. It hasn't come in yet, but looking forward to hitting it. 

my 3 wood is the callaway xhot 3 deep (although I had been searching for an original SIM which I believe you have). The 3 deep is 14.5 degrees. I can't imagine having my driver at 12. For starters my angle of attack would be the same with my swing, but the launch angle would wind up being too high, but really the idea of having a less than 3 degree gap between my driver and 3 wood would be weird. 

14 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

my 3 wood is the callaway xhot 3 deep (although I had been searching for an original SIM which I believe you have). The 3 deep is 14.5 degrees. I can't imagine having my driver at 12. For starters my angle of attack would be the same with my swing, but the launch angle would wind up being too high, but really the idea of having a less than 3 degree gap between my driver and 3 wood would be weird. 

I have the sim. It is 15 degrees, but no adjustable like the SIM driver.