Sign in to follow this  
mattman7168

Piano Rock Song Covers

I'm a mediocre piano player but truly appreciate (a.k.a. envy) those that are talented/gifted. Here are some great covers by Vika, Gamazda & Francesco - everything they play is fantastic! My favorite is probably Gamazda...she's got an awesome cover of Sweet Home Alabama but feel the attached Carry On Wayward Son really showcases how phenomenal she is. If you like Elvis,  Francesco also has an impressive cover of A Little Less Conversation.

Enjoy!

not a cover...

Fun, thanks for posting.  That blond chick doing Kansas was a smoke show.  :wub: Also, very good at piano.

I used to do similar, although not nearly as good, where I'd figure out how to play a song on the piano.  I never really had formal lessons, but I've done music my whole life, and had some talented friends teach me some piano basics.  My left hand is pretty worthless, generally playing just octave bass lines, which is a big limiter.

My wife keeps saying I should get back into it -- I can see a piano, keyboard, two guitars, and a trumpet as I type this.  Maybe I'll spend less time in this cesspool and more on music.  :thumbsup: 

@frank

Thanks for posting Margarita Sipatova. I've not heard of her but she can play as well! I checked her YouTube page...they all seem to do a lot of the same songs but I'm sure I can find some of her stuff to add to my collection.

2 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Fun, thanks for posting.  That blond chick doing Kansas was a smoke show.  :wub: Also, very good at piano.

I used to do similar, although not nearly as good, where I'd figure out how to play a song on the piano.  I never really had formal lessons, but I've done music my whole life, and had some talented friends teach me some piano basics.  My left hand is pretty worthless, generally playing just octave bass lines, which is a big limiter.

My wife keeps saying I should get back into it -- I can see a piano, keyboard, two guitars, and a trumpet as I type this.  Maybe I'll spend less time in this cesspool and more on music.  :thumbsup: 

That's Gamazda and she is and she is supremely talented. She's really great transposing music to the piano. Check out her YT channel, some great stuff.

1 hour ago, Mike Honcho said:

That's Gamazda and she is and she is supremely talented. She's really great transposing music to the piano. Check out her YT channel, some great stuff.

Just did, thanks.  :cheers: 

Mayo Clinic has a piano in the lobby of each of the two facilities here; occasionally somebody is at it playing, usually some easy listening stuff.  I presume the people are volunteers, and I've actually thought about doing that as a motivation to get back into playing (and as a way to give back for all they've done for me).

It would be awesome to have her talent and whip out, oh I don't know, that kind of performance for Metallica One, or Nothing Else Matters like at the beginning of the video below.  The entire facility would just come to a stop.  :D

At the beginning of Nothing Else Matters I was like OK, yeah, I could probably do that.  And then it got... more intricate.  :lol: 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Just did, thanks.  :cheers: 

Mayo Clinic has a piano in the lobby of each of the two facilities here; occasionally somebody is at it playing, usually some easy listening stuff.  I presume the people are volunteers, and I've actually thought about doing that as a motivation to get back into playing (and as a way to give back for all they've done for me).

It would be awesome to have her talent and whip out, oh I don't know, that kind of performance for Metallica One, or Nothing Else Matters like at the beginning of the video below.  The entire facility would just come to a stop.  :D

At the beginning of Nothing Else Matters I was like OK, yeah, I could probably do that.  And then it got... more intricate.  :lol: 

I've played and stopped too. I have the piano in my house, mocking me right now. Considering starting up again and if I could get to the level of 33%-50% of what she does, I would thrilled with my progress.

ETA: I bet I'm a much better 3D animator than she is...  :D

6 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

I've played and stopped too. I have the piano in my house, mocking me right now. Considering starting up again and if I could get to the level of 33%-50% of what she does, I would thrilled with my progress.

ETA: I bet I'm a much better 3D animator than she is...  :D

:D

I would say that I bet I'm a much better engineering SW salesperson, but the guys I sold to would have crawled over broken glass to buy whatever she is selling.  :lol: 

• Haha 1

I went down the rabbit-hole last night and found Peter Bence. This guy just might be the absolute best! He does a lot of stuff with a looper but also can just flat out play. Wasn't sure which video to share but he's got a YouTube channel too. I'd recommend his Africa, Rocket Man, Somebody to Love, Beat It...Hell, all of it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SywaUbg5wU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrQnnhAXLt0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2FK08Mb8eo

21 hours ago, posty said:

Thunderstruck is pretty damn good...

Closer to the Heart and Carry On translate so much better to piano than Tunderstruck, which requires a level of power and bass that the piano just can generate.