Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

2024 NFL Draft Recap

My concern with Nabers in redraft is that Daniel Jones stinks and the Giants can be a dumpster fire.

Is the belief that Nabers will rise above all that? 

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

Is the belief that Nabers will rise above all that

I think so. Someone has to get targets. 

I think Nabers is good enough and the draft capital was high enough to where we don't have to worry. I have no problem taking him #2 overall in a Single QB Dynasty. 

27 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

I think so. Someone has to get targets. 

I think Nabers is good enough and the draft capital was high enough to where we don't have to worry. I have no problem taking him #2 overall in a Single QB Dynasty. 

Well, hes an elite WR.  probably far better than anyone Danny Dimes had to throw to in the past.

maybe its a difference making pick.   the line could still be better.  I was hoping they'd pick a lineman in the first 3 rounds or so, but apparently thats  not a priority.   They'll just let Danny Dimes take more hits and get hurt again instead.

Nabers is Without question the best wr Jones has played with.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

My concern with Nabers in redraft is that Daniel Jones stinks and the Giants can be a dumpster fire.

Is the belief that Nabers will rise above all that? 

For anyone that slams Daniel Jones let me ask. Would you rather have Trevor Lawrence? We hear all the time about how Jones is THE SUCK.  No one ever talks about how Jones and Lawrence have almost THE EXACT SAME NUMBERS. Is Jones that bad or has his O line been putrid. I watched a game last year where he was getting dropped as soon as he touched the ball. He was sacked like 11 times in that game. Name ONE QB in the nfl today that could do well under that type of pressure. 

1 hour ago, kilroy69 said:

For anyone that slams Daniel Jones let me ask. Would you rather have Trevor Lawrence? We hear all the time about how Jones is THE SUCK.  No one ever talks about how Jones and Lawrence have almost THE EXACT SAME NUMBERS. Is Jones that bad or has his O line been putrid. I watched a game last year where he was getting dropped as soon as he touched the ball. He was sacked like 11 times in that game. Name ONE QB in the nfl today that could do well under that type of pressure. 

We know Jones can’t.  I don’t see similar numbers between the two.  

Lawrence 583 avg pass att/ 63.8 %/ 3923 yards avg / 19 tds avg , avg per season.  

Jones 380 avg att/ 64.6%/ 2502 yards avg/ 12 passing tds avg, avg per season. 

Jones does more with his legs than Lawrence.  

I think Jones is more limited in the passing game then Lawrence, so I think Lawrence would fair better in the face of the fire Jones has faced imo.  

17 hours ago, Ray_T said:

Well, hes an elite WR.  probably far better than anyone Danny Dimes had to throw to in the past.

maybe its a difference making pick.   the line could still be better.  I was hoping they'd pick a lineman in the first 3 rounds or so, but apparently thats  not a priority.   They'll just let Danny Dimes take more hits and get hurt again instead.

It's the Giants, they'll F it up if anyway possible. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

sad but true.  I wish we were wrong, but I dont think we are.

but getting Danny Dimes a weapon in the pass game is still a good move.    at least it's a step in the right direction.

23 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

sad but true.  I wish we were wrong, but I dont think we are.

but getting Danny Dimes a weapon in the pass game is still a good move.    at least it's a step in the right direction.

It was a good move, taking a Qb might have a better move, the Gmen won’t be winning anything with Jones st the helm even with the new WRs.  

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

We know Jones can’t.  I don’t see similar numbers between the two.  

Lawrence 583 avg pass att/ 63.8 %/ 3923 yards avg / 19 tds avg , avg per season.  

Jones 380 avg att/ 64.6%/ 2502 yards avg/ 12 passing tds avg, avg per season. 

Jones does more with his legs than Lawrence.  

I think Jones is more limited in the passing game then Lawrence, so I think Lawrence would fair better in the face of the fire Jones has faced imo.  

Plus Jax isn’t exactly a powerhouse. They’ve been doing better but historically, after some initial success as an expansion team, they’ve been dogsh1t

Not good news for K Williams owners,  in my redraft I have already dropped into the high 2nd rd when they drafted Croum.  

Just now, weepaws said:

Not good news for K Williams owners,  in my redraft I have already dropped into the high 2nd rd when they drafted Croum.  

It's strange. Is there something that we don't know about? Perhaps a lingering off season injury or another hangup. 

His fantasy value is decreasing by the day. It'll be even worse when they see Corum in camp. He's going to turn a lot of heads. 

1 hour ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Kinda how they F’d up those four Super Bowls?  How many do the Iggles have?

20 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

It's strange. Is there something that we don't know about? Perhaps a lingering off season injury or another hangup. 

His fantasy value is decreasing by the day. It'll be even worse when they see Corum in camp. He's going to turn a lot of heads. 

Trust is all can think it could be, he looked real good last season.  But I guess they just don’t see him being able handle the workhorse load.  

8 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Trust is all can think it could be, he looked real good last season.  But I guess they just don’t see him being able handle the workhorse load.  

Yeah, you're probably correct 

5 hours ago, weepaws said:

It was a good move, taking a Qb might have a better move, the Gmen won’t be winning anything with Jones st the helm even with the new WRs.  

maybe.  but the new guy still wont have anyone to throw to.    they have a sizeable buyout on the danny dimes contract.  might as well try to make it work one more year, get that stud WR and if he cant get it done next year they will move on and find a new prospect to ruin behind a subpar O line.

8 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

maybe.  but the new guy still wont have anyone to throw to.    they have a sizeable buyout on the danny dimes contract.  might as well try to make it work one more year, get that stud WR and if he cant get it done next year they will move on and find a new prospect to ruin behind a subpar O line.

Yes he wouldn’t have the rookie wr to throw too, but they probably sit him anyway.  At least they can start working with their new Qb while he’s on the team.  Next season they will have the wr, but no Qb.  

On 5/1/2024 at 12:55 PM, Maximum Overkill said:

He’s just not built for the kind of volume he was getting last year

4 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

He’s just not built for the kind of volume he was getting last year

Unless it's late, I think I'm out in redraft. 

Been doing some 12 teams mocks, K Williams has been late rd1 early td2 , so his value is slowly going higher.  Henry value is quickly going down, he was an early rd2 pick, but the few I’ve been in today late 1 rd.  

1 minute ago, weepaws said:

K Williams has been late rd1 early td2 , so his value is slowly going higher.  

I'm out at almost any price. He'd have to fall pretty good at this point. Corum is definitely going to steal the goal line work and possibly be the lead back by mid season. 

Nope, I don't need the headache. 

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Been doing some 12 teams mocks, K Williams has been late rd1 early td2 , so his value is slowly going higher.  Henry value is quickly going down, he was an early rd2 pick, but the few I’ve been in today late 1 rd.  

I think you’ve got this backwards :unsure:

On 5/2/2024 at 2:11 PM, Maximum Overkill said:

I'm out at almost any price. He'd have to fall pretty good at this point. Corum is definitely going to steal the goal line work and possibly be the lead back by mid season. 

Nope, I don't need the headache. 

I think people are overreacting to Corum.  Kyren played almost all the snaps last season.  The most likely scenario is that these are depth signings and we see a 65-35 split at worst.

Williams had a great ff season last season. I’m not so sure that the Rams would like too see him have 260 touches again, he’s 200lbs.  Corum is bigger I’ve seen from 214-216.  Now that’s a short yardage type of frame, and Corum smells that goal line.  

I wouldn’t be drafting Williams at his current ADP a mid first rd pick.  

His ff total points are do to decline losing some of those 12 rushing tds imo.  

On 5/1/2024 at 11:09 AM, kilroy69 said:

I’d definitely rather have Lawrence and the playoff win.  Trevor had possibly the worst head coach ever in the history of the NFL his first year, and didn’t come away with irreparable damage…so that year doesn’t count to me.  As for Jones, no opinion oh his issues, just glad he’s not the Jags QB.  Jags will be back in the playoffs this year, atop the division over Houston.

I'm neither a fan of the Giants or the Jags. I prefer to root for good teams, but I will say that TLaw does not have a man name Tommy Cutlets breathing down his neck. Have you seen his agent? He's kissing his hands, his friends, make believe meatballs and linguini. Danny Dimes doesn't stand a chance.