Sign in to follow this  
TheNewGirl

Strange Man vs Bear Hypothetical

14 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

I am not really even sure that this post deserves a response. 

Have you talked to many SA survivors? 

Many no but a few. I suppose being assaulted and then killed is worse than just killed. I’m just surprised to hear someone say being SA’d would be worse than being murdered, if that’s what you meant. 

I can see why a woman would rather encounter a bear than a strange man in the woods fwiw.

Man or bear? A viral question has spawned scary responses

The comments on the previously mentioned video make that painfully clear:

“You know what to expect from a bear.”

“Absolutely a bear humans are capable of so so much worse.”

“Bear, because If I got attacked by a bear people would believe me.”

The last one made me laugh.

Maybe some of you need to read this.

It's just really disturbing that some people on here find it funny to post "well, at least she wouldn't nag" and "would you rather meet a woman or have a beer in the woods" because clearly, these are the men who are bothered by the fact that they don't want to hear No. Or don't want to hear why we'd choose the wild animal instead of them. Do they find it funny? Maybe it's a joke to them and they are trying to make light of it. But I guarantee you that those of us who've been in these types of situations, do NOT find it funny. It's one of the many reasons women don't come forward when they've been assaulted. Just saying. So the more you make light of it, the more you're actually helping the problem. 

What Happened After She Said No: 

https://jamesfell.substack.com/p/what-happened-after-she-said-no?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR3EBEO7dOXI0GWkhdB58AWFvO3gVnFW_UxECVxgf6B7QyTydVwIJVto7rA_aem_AYHHGaQ9GbtVQYFIQMKA6b3ivLxJgL3X484e170dLGaf1GYA0Ke9L2mFFZgIvB6eiSa9Nf-GW7ybcxE2EV0K8lBs 

1 minute ago, Mike Honcho said:

The last one made me laugh.

Why? 

5 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

Why? 

I laughed because otherwise I would cry when you realize that's the world we live in.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

I laughed because otherwise I would cry when you realize that's the world we live in.

Mmmhmmm. 

35 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

It's just really disturbing that some people on here find it funny to post "well, at least she wouldn't nag" and "would you rather meet a woman or have a beer in the woods" because clearly, these are the men who are bothered by the fact that they don't want to hear No. Or don't want to hear why we'd choose the wild animal instead of them. Do they find it funny? Maybe it's a joke to them and they are trying to make light of it. But I guarantee you that those of us who've been in these types of situations, do NOT find it funny. It's one of the many reasons women don't come forward when they've been assaulted. Just saying. So the more you make light of it, the more you're actually helping the problem. 

https://jamesfell.substack.com/p/what-happened-after-she-said-no?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR3EBEO7dOXI0GWkhdB58AWFvO3gVnFW_UxECVxgf6B7QyTydVwIJVto7rA_aem_AYHHGaQ9GbtVQYFIQMKA6b3ivLxJgL3X484e170dLGaf1GYA0Ke9L2mFFZgIvB6eiSa9Nf-GW7ybcxE2EV0K8lBs 

Started to read.  Had to stop about 5 examples in.  I'm sorry you have to worry about the aholes I have to share a biological sex with.

8 minutes ago, Strike said:

Started to read.  Had to stop about 5 examples in.  I'm sorry you have to worry about the aholes I have to share a biological sex with.

Yeah, this was a difficult read.

9 minutes ago, Strike said:

Yeah, it made me cry. Too many of those stories hit too close. 

Just another reason to think that if people think that being gay is a choice, being straight is a choice too...because would some of us REALLY choose men if we didn't have to? 

And also, please don't misunderstand me. I love men. I really do. And I understand that there are some really wonderful ones out there, but even my husband had a hard time understanding the "bear" thing. He's also 6'8" and hasn't ever had to fight someone IRL, because even other men leave him alone. I asked him that if he knows that when I've gone out running alone if he's realized that I've been followed by cars in my own neighborhood. Or that I've made turns down more populated streets because I was scared. He said he's figured that it's happened. It's just that kind of mindset of not really realizing that it happens to us...

And if you personally know a dude that does this to women, tell them to knock this shiiite off. Whether it's following women, SA'ing them or whatever. It's just not cool. 

Another good example is if you have a daughter and you talk about her dating and say, "No way! She's not allowed to date until she's at least 30!" Why do you say that? Because you KNOW what men are like, you know what they are after and what they want out of a female. It's probably not good conversation at the age of 18, right? Talk about the future of the world or the state of the oceans and the plight of the whales.  

Anyways. Sometimes reading Tim's stupid political threads can be more fun than this stuff, I guess. 

3 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

Yeah, it made me cry. Too many of those stories hit too close. 

Just another reason to think that if people think that being gay is a choice, being straight is a choice too...because would some of us REALLY choose men if we didn't have to? 

And also, please don't misunderstand me. I love men. I really do. And I understand that there are some really wonderful ones out there, but even my husband had a hard time understanding the "bear" thing. He's also 6'8" and hasn't ever had to fight someone IRL, because even other men leave him alone. I asked him that if he knows that when I've gone out running alone if he's realized that I've been followed by cars in my own neighborhood. Or that I've made turns down more populated streets because I was scared. He said he's figured that it's happened. It's just that kind of mindset of not really realizing that it happens to us...

And if you personally know a dude that does this to women, tell them to knock this shiiite off. Whether it's following women, SA'ing them or whatever. It's just not cool. 

Another good example is if you have a daughter and you talk about her dating and say, "No way! She's not allowed to date until she's at least 30!" Why do you say that? Because you KNOW what men are like, you know what they are after and what they want out of a female. It's probably not good conversation at the age of 18, right? Talk about the future of the world or the state of the oceans and the plight of the whales.  

Anyways. Sometimes reading Tim's stupid political threads can be more fun than this stuff, I guess

I did not appreciate the depth oif your dispair on this issue until I read this.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, TheNewGirl said:

I think you expect far to much from a board that very rarely takes anything seriously and has a juvenile sense of humor for pretty much everything. We have a dead pool for christ sake. If someone posts something they should just assume that the replies will contain some off color jokes. This place is like an 8th grade locker room and men typically have a different sense of humor based on our lived experience. 

Also, the idea that a woman would choose a bear is absurd and more of a thought experiment created to make men feel bad. Given the choice in REAL LIFE there is a near ZERO percent chance that if a woman had to choose between walking in the direction of a bear or a random man they choose the bear. ZERO. It is a thought experiment that leads to delusional women believing a bear is going to be safer. 

And, the same women who say they would rather be in the woods with a bear are also perfectly fine with a strange man in the women's bathroom. As long as that man FEELS like he is a woman.  Just keep that in mind as more women support trans rights than men. 

Finally, the joke. It would make sense for women to pick a bear over a random man. Bear is over 6ft tall, Violent, has multiple babies, is extremely violent. Right in the wheelhouse of what far too many women look for. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TheNewGirl said:

You voting for the guy that grabs em by the 🙀?

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

Bear or Trump?

15 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

As opposed to the Child Molester that you voted for? 😂 

Lol. Just another dumb female exercise.

Step 1- say something incredibly stupid that is not based in logic.

Step 2- when challenged on the sheer stupidity of the matter, point out that this is based on feelings caused by the evil patriarchy. And feelings are your truth, cant be proven wrong, blah blah.

Step 3- act like a victim and redirect criticism of being so dumb as attempted rape or support of rape. Say rape a lot. Rape, rape, more rape. 

Step 4- start thinking of other dumb female exercises. 

Step 5- go read other dumb females responses and feel really good about yourselves and pretend that women support each other in the comments section.

Step 6- secretly realize how stupid your answer or actions were.

Step7- engage in self loathing behavior because realizing you are dumb is kind of crappy. Pretend this is due to ptsd, fibromyalgia, migraines, or some other female cope. 

Step 8- engage in subterfuge of other women

Step 9- fakely complement something. Like the ugly yellow sweater your coworker wore. 

Step 10- pick on your daughter

Step 11- post picture of yourself online yearning for compliments

Step 12- be miserable because now you have to sit on your growing fat rear thinking about how stupid it was to think that you have less danger from a bear. A bear. The ultimate apex predator that can get stung by bees in the face fifty times while killing a pack of wolves all because it wanted some honey and likes the taste of wolf pup. 

Step 13- never let anybody know that you realized how dumb you are. Talk about emotions, feelings, etc.

Step 14- get upset that men call you emotional now. 

Step 15- get in an argument with your husband because he doesnt care what pattern is on the kleenex box. 

Step 16- try to get back the thought that you are smarter than your husband by womansplaining to him that kleenex is a brand name and that you actually buy the cheaper aldi version of "facial tissue" and he doesnt have any idea how much money you save the family. 

Step 17- clip coupons and join ibotta. 

Step 18- find influencers that post ibotta tips and other dumb female exercises.

Step 19- return to step 1.

• Like 2

On 4/30/2024 at 6:38 PM, IGotWorms said:

A bear is not very likely to attack you unless you startle it or get between a mamma bear and her cubs. So I can see the justification for picking bear 

She was asking what the men would pick 

• Confused 1