Sign in to follow this  
Maximum Overkill

Has anyone had their Dynasty Drafts yet?

I have one on Saturday as well. It is 1 QB. I have the 1st 5 picks so unless there is a trade the #1 will be MHJ, #2, Nabers, #3, Rome -- #4 and #5 are between a few players I would rather not name. Bowers is in the mix-- Hoping to trade out. 

how the hell do you end up with all of the top 5 picks?  did you do a full sell off?

3 hours ago, Dr Hook said:

I have one on Saturday as well. It is 1 QB. I have the 1st 5 picks so unless there is a trade the #1 will be MHJ, #2, Nabers, #3, Rome -- #4 and #5 are between a few players I would rather not name. Bowers is in the mix-- Hoping to trade out. 

Whoa!!! You have all 5 picks? 

Damn!! 

I would take both RBs at 4/5 or a RB & Worthy 

I

2 hours ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Whoa!!! You have all 5 picks? 

Damn!! 

I would take both RBs at 4/5 or a RB & Worthy 

I

I'm assuming you are already good at QB.   but with Harrison and Nabers as well as Rome, you will be set at WR for a long time even if we go on the assumption one of them will be a dud.

might as well grab two RB's.    though if you are not totally good at QB you can grab one of them too.  Never hurts to have a top QB waiting in the wings to take over from the guy you have now.  especially if you play with a salary cap.

I joined a  1 QB dynasty last year, took a dump on the team even though there were some good pieces. Traded away everything and ended up with the top 6 picks along with a few 2nd rounders etc. I moved the #6 for a RB, ended up with 1-5, pick 8, 2.01 and 2.05 

I have A. Richardson, A Rogers, R Wilson and G Minshew as QB's

Etienne, Stevenson and K Williams as RB's 

No WR or TE to speak of. 

Should be a good draft. How lucky did I get with the WR class this year. 

I'd probably grab one more QB.   god knows you have the draft capital.

Rodgers is likely in his last year,  wilson doesnt have much tread on the tires either. Minshew isnt an ideal backup.

might as well take the top 3 WR's like you planned,  take the top QB on the board and the top RB.   You will still likely be able to get another RB in round 2.   people will still be scrambling to take QB's and WRs up til that point.

even if you dont feel you need a QB if the QB turns into a player you can sell him off in a year for far more than a first round pick.    or if hes better than Richardson, then you sell off Richardson.   or just keep both so nobody else can have them.   thats a legit option

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr Hook said:

I joined a  1 QB dynasty last year, took a dump on the team even though there were some good pieces. Traded away everything and ended up with the top 6 picks along with a few 2nd rounders etc. I moved the #6 for a RB, ended up with 1-5, pick 8, 2.01 and 2.05 

I have A. Richardson, A Rogers, R Wilson and G Minshew as QB's

Etienne, Stevenson and K Williams as RB's 

No WR or TE to speak of. 

Should be a good draft. How lucky did I get with the WR class this year. 

Yup draft Harrison Jr, Nabers, Odunze, Worthy and a RB 

I'd pick up TE Ben Sinnott in the second round, early though. He's gonna be a stud. 

I would grab Bowers with one of those 5 picks.

5 hours ago, Dr Hook said:

Sorry to hijack your post. 

meh, its something to talk about.

I have a 1 QB dynasty draft today. I have 1.02 and 1.05. I'll take Nabers at 1.02 and probably one of the 2 RBs at 1.05. I'm pretty good everywhere else. Definitely need to come out of today with at least 1 RB. 

I'm so torn between Brooks and Benson. I think both have a similar paths. Benson is behind Conner for now and Brooks will probably be eased in since coming off the injury. Benson is certainly in a better landing spot without question and will be starting sooner than later. Brooks also has some competition but not really. 

I'm torn. If one falls I'll try to trade back into the 1st and grab the other one. 

Early drafts, my dynasty draft isn't until late August. I haven't even started to prepare.

I don't have a high pick though, so It's not like I've got a lot to prepare for. I'll just take whatever RB falls to me.

I would imagine Harrison will be the top pick in most dynasty drafts. WRs will dominate. QBs too.

Not much to speak of at RB

22 hours ago, polecatt said:

my dynasty draft isn't until late August

Really? I've never heard of a dynasty draft that late. Everyone that I've been in are the 1 - 2 weeks after the NFL draft. 

I'm in the middle of 2 right now, 8 hours per pick. 

2 hours ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Really? I've never heard of a dynasty draft that late. Everyone that I've been in are the 1 - 2 weeks after the NFL draft. 

I'm in the middle of 2 right now, 8 hours per pick. 

We do our in person. We meet one Sunday at Buffalo Wild Wings and have the draft like one or two weeks before the season starts.

It's good to have a more clear picture of which rookies are in good spots and which aren't.

24 minutes ago, polecatt said:

do our in person. We meet one Sunday at Buffalo Wild Wings and have the draft like one or two weeks before the season starts.

I like that. I miss those intimate drafts 

3 hours ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Do you want to start a league with us?

One of the rules can be that we need to hold hands and stare into each other's eyes as we announce our picks.

4 hours ago, polecatt said:

We do our in person. We meet one Sunday at Buffalo Wild Wings and have the draft like one or two weeks before the season starts.

It's good to have a more clear picture of which rookies are in good spots and which aren't.

Nice, that’s good times.  In my redraft league that’s been around since 1986, and I’ve been in the league since 1988, one of the owners, owns some beautiful property on the lake at South Lake Tahoe, Which is we’re this league started, but every year we meet at his home and spend two days drafting and horsing around.  It’s great times.  

No better way of drafting then when it’s live.  

Nice post thanks.  

22 minutes ago, nobody said:

Do you want to start a league with us?

One of the rules can be that we need to hold hands and stare into each other's eyes as we announce our picks.

Only if everyone is wearing sexy lingerie 😂

4 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Nice, that’s good times.  In my redraft league that’s been around since 1986, and I’ve been in the league since 1988, one of the owners, owns some beautiful property on the lake at South Lake Tahoe, Which is we’re this league started, but every year we meet at his home and spend two days drafting and horsing around.  It’s great times.  

No better way of drafting then when it’s live.  

Nice post thanks.  

Yeah, I used to have a league kind of like that. No fancy lake home, but we met at the league owner's home and spent a whole day Saturday drafting for two leagues. We all got to know each other quite well and it was my favorite day of the entire year. They would get a keg, fire up the grill,  we would sit back, drink,  eat, talk sh!t and draft!  We had a good run from 2003 to 2019 but unfortunately it ended up a casualty of the pandemic.

4 hours ago, Maximum Overkill said:

It's nice, Buffalo Wild Wings is a great place to host a draft.

This sounds like one giant sausage fest. Ewwwwwwww!

Snagged me Ben Sinnott late second today, Javon Baker & Troy Franklin fell. 

Is anyone else sold on Sinnott? I think he's going to be a stud. 

I was considering sinnot and then I watched one of his games.  He seems like Tyler higbee

3 hours ago, Mike FF Today said:

Here's a piece we just posted - Rookie Draft Results

This was a three-round rookie draft for 12 team, Superflex league with half-ppr and 4-point passing TDs.

Thank you Mike! 

On 5/5/2024 at 8:47 PM, LaChup said:

This sounds like one giant sausage fest. Ewwwwwwww!

Did you really expect to pick up chicks on a fantasy football forum? 😂

On 5/5/2024 at 9:59 PM, Maximum Overkill said:

Snagged me Ben Sinnott late second today, Javon Baker & Troy Franklin fell. 

Is anyone else sold on Sinnott? I think he's going to be a stud. 

I like him.  I'm sold at late 2nd / early 3rd.   My draft can't come soon enough, ADP's are rocketing for some of the guys who were great values a week ago.  

Baker/Franklin/Burton all day in this range.