Sign in to follow this  
easilyscan

Doe This Apple Ad Offend You ?

I saw this was causing a stir (great ad already then as who the fock cares about commercials usually). I skimmed the one article and people were pissy because it’s like all the arts are being boiled down or something into a piece of electronics?

Honestly didn’t get it. Commercial was good I thought. 

• Like 1

No. Why would it? It seems to imply that you can replace those instruments with the new iPad; that's marketing. :dunno:

21 hours ago, thegeneral said:

I saw this was causing a stir (great ad already then as who the fock cares about commercials usually). I skimmed the one article and people were pissy because it’s like all the arts are being boiled down or something into a piece of electronics?

Honestly didn’t get it. Commercial was good I thought. 

Offended no but the commercial was pretty lame.  

4 minutes ago, Bert said:

Offended no but the commercial was pretty lame.  

From a technical standpoint it was pretty cool I thought. My job is on the periphery of shooting commercials on occasion and it’s crazy to me the amount of work, planning, how many people are involved. 

This ad was well planned out. I got the gist of what they were saying with just visuals. Thought it was somewhat creative. 

Then have everyone just shet all over it and the prez of the company has to apologize for whatever.

Yikes…Some people on their ad team and the agency had a very, very bad week 😂😂

2 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

From a technical standpoint it was pretty cool I thought. My job is on the periphery of shooting commercials on occasion and it’s crazy to me the amount of work, planning, how many people are involved. 

This ad was well planned out. I got the gist of what they were saying with just visuals. Thought it was somewhat creative. 

Then have everyone just shet all over it and the prez of the company has to apologize for whatever.

Yikes…Some people on their ad team and the agency had a very, very bad week 😂😂

I don’t understand people getting all worked up.  It’s not like it was that horrible, pos, abortion of advertising with the fat azz heifers proudly singing about how that they gave themselves diabetes by turning gravy into a beverage and finding a miracle pill they can take so they can continue to eat mayonnaise right out of the jar.  

I'm not offended, but I can see why people would be.  They're saying the skills these people have potentially spent their lives honing is being replaced by a screen.  People will get defensive at that.

I think it is pretty clever and accurate.  You can get almost anything on your iPad these days.  I do not know the name of the song but it was pretty good too. 

23 minutes ago, Bert said:

I don’t understand people getting all worked up.  It’s not like it was that horrible, pos, abortion of advertising with the fat azz heifers proudly singing about how that they gave themselves diabetes by turning gravy into a beverage and finding a miracle pill they can take so they can continue to eat mayonnaise right out of the jar.  

I didn’t get the outrage either.

2 minutes ago, Bill E. said:

I think it is pretty clever and accurate.  You can get almost anything on your iPad these days.  I do not know the name of the song but it was pretty good too. 

Yep. Apple ads are usually top notch. The music is always good. 

• Like 1

When I saw people were offended I figured there were biracial trans men focking or something.  (Maybe the absence of that is why they do not like it.)  Either way if that ad bothers you then you are in trouble. 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Bert said:

Well,bear in mind that there's a whole generation of people who find: 👍"threatening," "aggressive", and "intimidating".

No chit. Astounding that these people manage to live this long. 

Wouldn't put it past the complaints originating from within. 

Helluva a force multiplier publicity-wise. 

2 hours ago, Bill E. said:

When I saw people were offended I figured there were biracial trans men focking or something.  (Maybe the absence of that is why they do not like it.)  Either way if that ad bothers you then you are in trouble. 

:first:

On 5/10/2024 at 8:35 PM, wiffleball said:

Wouldn't put it past the complaints originating from within. 

Helluva a force multiplier publicity-wise. 

Yea the only reason I saw it was because of the outrage and this thread. 

It's like I never paid any attention to Dave Chappelle before they tried getting him removed from Netflix.  Now I have seen all his specials and think he is funny as sh1t.  Would not be surprised if he and his PR people planned his act around offending the right people to get the word out.