Sign in to follow this  
jerryskids

Cultural existential threat: Marxism and Moral Relativism

Hey guise I'm going to post an opinion by a political expert that Trump is a moronic, demented POS.

According to Jerry that makes it FACT.

LMFAO

6 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

You said FACTS boyo.  You didn't imply the protests are impacting his decisions you said they are driving them.  You stated it as an absolute.

Opinions even by political "experts" are not FACTS.  This is why you have to be a slimy salesman rather than actually designing.

Wave the white flag salesboy.  Let the adults talk.

HFS that's gotta sting.

25 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

https://www.newsweek.com/college-protesters-joe-biden-1898868#:~:text="Biden has been emphatic that,University College London%2C told Newsweek.

Once again, to no one's surprise, I bring data, and you bring feelz.

Honest question:  have you ever posted a link here to support your feelz posts?  :dunno: 

17 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

"Facts"

I said data, not facts.  A link showing the opinion of political analysts is a piece of data; it supports my argument.  You bring nothing to support yours except an inability to read the English language.

6 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

Stick to weighing in on the best flavors of monster boyo. 

🤣

I doubt EternallyStupidCuck is even qualified for this duty.

3 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I said data, not facts.  A link showing the opinion of political analysts is a piece of data; it supports my argument.  You bring nothing to support yours except an inability to read the English language.

Opinions are now data????

Stop it, you're killing me!

And you claim to be an EE?  No wonder you're nothing but a slimy salesperson "in my opinion we don't need to use rebar, concrete looks pretty dang strong without it..."

LMFAO

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

2 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

Trump is a moronic, demented POS.

And your Cultist Pedocrat Hero Biden is a documented racist, kid toucher and crook. 

You forgot to mention that, didn't you? 

So why the hypocrisy BOYO? 

1 minute ago, Fnord said:

🤣

I doubt EternallyStupidCuck is even qualified for this duty.

And still eminently more qualified than you, the guy who has to quote one of the boyosexual power twink twins for validation.  :lol:

You've reached new and pathetic lows if you have to do that. Congrats.

Just now, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

And still eminently more qualified than you, the guy who has to quote one of the boyosexual power twink twins for validation.  :lol:

Just curious, what flavor of monster is you and your buddies favorite boyo?

That's something you have undeniable experience in...

LMFAO

2 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

And your Cultist Pedocrat Hero Biden is a documented racist, kid toucher and crook. 

You forgot to mention that, didn't you? 

So why the hypocrisy BOYO? 

BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH

Get some new material boyo.  Your old schtick is tired and lame.

Bring back Blue Horseshoe.  While also an idiot he was at least mildly entertaining in a car crash sort of way.

Hey guise, I'm using my opinion as data that Trump is a moronic, worthless, demented POS.

Case closed according to Jerry...LMFAO

1 minute ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

you're pathetic. The sexuality of other posters doesn't interest me in the least, nor does your opinion of me. Just keep being consumed by typing boyosexual (the most clever thing you've ever thought of; you're so proud of it that you post it 20 times a day) and thinking that being a better candidate for evaluating Monster flavors than me is a real feather in your cap. I will never be surprised by the new lows you achieve.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Fnord said:

Jesus. I get where you're coming from but shockingly disagree with you.

IMO in your trans example is specious. I don't think any trans people GAF about being 100% accepted, they just want to be left alone and treated with basic human respect. I believe that calling by their preferred name or pronoun is exactly that. If someone has a problem with that, it is indeed THEIR problem, not the problem of the trans individual. Here's one that will surprise you: one could look at the trans individuals themselves as oppressors to an extent. While I am supportive of trans rights like the good little mindless lib you believe me to be, I do have concerns for those whose rights are being infringed upon. You focus on men in women's sports, but I'm with Tim and consider that to be such a ridiculously small problem that it doesn't register. A bigger problem is what I have personally experienced in the workplace: a transsexual woman (biological man) using the women's locker room. Being that I work somewhere awesome with awesome employees, it hasn't been a huge issue, but the fact is that I was in a position where I had to tell a couple dozen women that they essentially had to STFU and deal with the fact that this new employee was going to be using their locker room. And while it has worked out okay, the fact that I had to do that gave me pause. No such thing as black and white

Curious if your stance on any of this will change if one of those women that you told to "STFU" is sexually assaulted or harassed by said trans woman while in this locker room? Not even that, if the trans woman finds it necessary to walk around naked showing their p3nis to everyone all the time. 

You'd find this okay? Or the biological females should just continue to STFU even if it makes them uncomfortable?

In the pantheist worldview (many gods), the presence of evil can be explained, but at the cost of making evil an eternal principle that’s just as strong as good. There can be no final victory of good over evil; they simply coexist in constant conflict & balance each other out. But if evil is just as necessary as good, then is evil really evil or is it just different? There’s no moral standard or judge who is superior to the conflict & who can decide whether something is truly good or evil.

In the Star Wars saga, the thought comes up at various points (especially in Episode III: Revenge of the Sith) that good & evil are only points of view; what’s “good” according to the Jedi is “bad” according to the Sith & vice-versa. There’s no final authority outside of one’s own opinion for deciding what’s good & evil. This is relativism.  It is the belief that truth and right and wrong can only be judged in relation to other things and that nothing can be true or right in all situations.

Marxism, then, from the atheism (deism) worldview, is in conflict with the pantheist worldview of moral relativism.  Marx would have argued there is a way, and must be a way, to judge right and wrong in order for the society to move forward.  As such, there must be a judge.  That judge, for Marx, was government to run the economy.

2 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

Curious if your stance on any of this will change if one of those women that you told to "STFU" is sexually assaulted or harassed by said trans woman while in this locker room? Not even that, if the trans woman finds it necessary to walk around naked showing their p3nis to everyone all the time. 

You'd find this okay? Or the biological females should just continue to STFU even if it makes them uncomfortable?

I'd say maybe 10% of adult women ever visit locker rooms.  And of that maybe .000001% will have to deal with a trans.

BUT IT'S AN EXISTENTIAL THREAT TO OUR SOCIETY!!!!!!

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

1 minute ago, BeachGuy23 said:

I'd say maybe 5% of adult women ever visit locker rooms.  And of that maybe .000001% will have to deal with a trans.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Trans is sexual fetish.  Though I don't know yours, nor you know mine, it's important that neither us have the "right" to impose it on a societal scale. 

Just now, BudBro said:

Trans is sexual fetish.  Though I don't know yours, nor you know mine, it's important that neither us have the "right" to impose it on a societal scale. 

I agree.  Trans people have no right to be around natural women in naked situations.

That said, it's very very very very far from an "existential threat to our society" as the slimy salesman OP would have you believe. 

2 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

Good question. I hope I never have to find out the answer.

The reality is that if that happened our resident trans would find themselves in a fuckton of trouble. They'd be fired and prosecuted. That's not going to be of much comfort to the victim though. I'll just have to trust that she is no more prone to that sort of display than any other person would be. 

And I will re-emphasize: locker room integration has not been a problem, nor has this individual's "lifestyle choices." She has been nothing but respectful toward her coworkers, as far as I know.

11 minutes ago, Fnord said:

you're pathetic. The sexuality of other posters doesn't interest me in the least, nor does your opinion of me. Just keep being consumed by typing boyosexual (the most clever thing you've ever thought of; you're so proud of it that you post it 20 times a day) and thinking that being a better candidate for evaluating Monster flavors than me is a real feather in your cap. I will never be surprised by the new lows you achieve.

You could have just typed, "I know you are but what am I?"    :lol:

More like f'nloser, not fnord.  Stay down, it's clear you're not ready for this. You go ahead and stick with the boyosexual power twink twins.  That's all you got left. :lol:

Just now, Fnord said:

Good question. I hope I never have to find out the answer.

The reality is that if that happened our resident trans would find themselves in a fuckton of trouble. They'd be fired and prosecuted. That's not going to be of much comfort to the victim though. I'll just have to trust that she is no more prone to that sort of display than any other person would be. 

And I will re-emphasize: locker room integration has not been a problem, nor has this individual's "lifestyle choices." She has been nothing but respectful toward her coworkers, as far as I know.

I am glad that it hasn't been a problem.  

8 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

I'd say maybe 10% of adult women ever visit locker rooms.  And of that maybe .000001% will have to deal with a trans.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

You are so focking exhausting.  I never said it was an existential threat, and no one else did either. JFC. 

Just now, TheNewGirl said:

I am glad that it hasn't been a problem.  

You are so focking exhausting.  I never said it was an existential threat, and no one else did either. JFC. 

Uh Cultist Karen, that's a key component of the very premise of this thread.

Maybe you Cultist Karen's should stay in the kitchen and just have babies like all the cultist think.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BeachGuy23 said:

I agree.  Trans people have no right to be around natural women in naked situations.

That said, it's very very very very far from an "existential threat to our society" as the slimy salesman OP would have you believe. 

It's the "slippery slope" that is the threat, and which makes each move of the boundary line existential.  Carving out more and more rights for tiny minority populations is divergent from the framing of the country. 

Just now, BudBro said:

It's the "slippery slope" that is the threat, and which makes each move of the boundary line existential.  Carving out more and more rights for tiny minority populations is divergent from the framing of the country. 

Agree.  Still not close to an "existential threat to American society" FFS.

And how slippery can the slope be when there are so very few trannies?

Good topic.  The country is already broken beyond repair.  Kind of like when you know your marriage is finished - there’s no coming back from it.

Leftists like Tim, SquidTard, and the boyo bunch are impossible to cohabitate with.  Split it the fock up already.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Fnord said:

Jesus. I get where you're coming from but shockingly disagree with you.

IMO in your trans example is specious. I don't think any trans people GAF about being 100% accepted, they just want to be left alone and treated with basic human respect. I believe that calling by their preferred name or pronoun is exactly that. If someone has a problem with that, it is indeed THEIR problem, not the problem of the trans individual. Here's one that will surprise you: one could look at the trans individuals themselves as oppressors to an extent. While I am supportive of trans rights like the good little mindless lib you believe me to be, I do have concerns for those whose rights are being infringed upon. You focus on men in women's sports, but I'm with Tim and consider that to be such a ridiculously small problem that it doesn't register. A bigger problem is what I have personally experienced in the workplace: a transsexual woman (biological man) using the women's locker room. Being that I work somewhere awesome with awesome employees, it hasn't been a huge issue, but the fact is that I was in a position where I had to tell a couple dozen women that they essentially had to STFU and deal with the fact that this new employee was going to be using their locker room. And while it has worked out okay, the fact that I had to do that gave me pause. No such thing as black and white.

As for the Israel/Palestine situation, please. I can recognize multiple truths at the same time:

• Hamas is evil and should be wiped out.
  • Not every Palestinian supports Hamas, especially the young children.
  • Israel is perfectly justified in retaliating and me being okay with it doesn't make me an Islamaphobe.
  • Netenyahu is a questionable leader with a scummy past that may be in the process of carrying out genocide, so maybe we oughtta look into that and make sure it doesn't happen just because "God's chosen people" are pissed off.
  • I can support the Palestinians that are suffering and question Zionism without being antisemitic and also recognize that while I think their Muslim religion is garbage, they as humans are not. I disagree with the tenets of most religion, but who am I (and who are you) to tell someone their religious beliefs are immoral, wicked, or wrong? You're encroaching on @weepaws territory here.

I appreciate the response.  :cheers: 

Regarding the trans, in my OP I specifically said sports and safe spaces.  Locker rooms, spas, prisons (odd to call that a "safe space," but you get it).  I said nothing about using pronouns or preferred names, which BTW I've done in the past with trans people I've known.  To me that is common courtesy to an individual, but I see that as a personal decision which is NOT a moral absolute in either direction, and as such I oppose any newspeak legislation, for instance.

I also agree with most of your Palestinian bullets, except perhaps your last one.  I have no problem with the moral absolutism that the things I laid out regarding the treatment of women (and LGBTQ) are morally wrong.  We could also discuss what makes a human "garbage," but I don't want to go down that rathole.  Let's just say that I believe that the vast majority of Palestinians, other than the youngest of children, have been brainwashed beyond redemption into beliefs which are anathema to being a peaceful, contributing society.  I value life so I don't support wanton killing of them.  

As I type this, I think the real challenge to my OP premise is:  who defines the moral absolutes?  This brings in the concept of a Judeo-Christian underpinning -- even if you don't believe in the God part, the ten commandments and the teachings of Jesus are a pretty good basis for a society IMO.

1 minute ago, Patented Phil said:

Good topic.  The country is already broken beyond repair.  Kind of like when you know your marriage is finished - there’s no coming back from it.

Leftists like Tim, SquidTard, and the boyo bunch are impossible to cohabitate with.  Split it the fock up already.

Yes, we'll take the blue counties 75% of GDP and you can have the chithole red states and your measly 25% GDP.

Let's see how that works out for you cultist. 

9 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

Agree.  Still not close to an "existential threat to American society" FFS.

And how slippery can the slope be when there are so very few trannies?

Think bigger than the one issue.  Back to the op, then, who is to decide what is good and what is evil (moral relativism)?  You seem fine with wives and daughters having a grown man play with his d*&k in the women's gym locker room or school locker room.  At what point is there a line to be drawn, and who should draw it, in your opinion?  Does it need to be your daughter in order to affect your "live and let live" philosophy of life?  Does it need to progress to being raped or killed to get to the line in the sand?  If it's someone else's concern only, should it be left alone?  To the extreme, would you just sit back and allow another Jewish holocaust because it's in another country and a different culture?

2 hours ago, jerryskids said:

The trans people are absolutely the oppressed.  They are the very definition of oppressed.  The oppressors is a little more nuanced -- it is those who oppose anything but 100% treatment of biological men as women.  And it is absolutely moral relativism to say that the rest of us should adopt to their desires; specifically in my example, their desire to be in girls' sports and safe spaces.

If you look up moral relativism in the dictionary, you very well may find the Palestinian situation.  I don't know if there ever has been a more clear moral absolute.  And it is clearly an oppressed/oppressor situation.  In fact, support from the Left of the cultures in many Islamic-ruled countries requires a heaping dose of moral relativism.  Women in these cultures are property.  They don't walk outside alone for fear of being raped.  If they are raped, it is the woman's fault and her family will shun her.  They aren't allowed to get educated.  And of course we know how LGBTQ folks are treated there.  And the Left is like, oh well, that's just how they roll.  It's disgusting and makes no sense other than moral relativism.

In this response I believe you yourself express far more moral relativism than those you criticize. For example you rip “the left” for supposedly ignoring the way LGBTQ and women are treated within strict Muslim societies. But they don’t ignore that; they simply don’t allow that fact to put aside what they perceive to be a greater moral wrong: the killing of innocent children as a result of the current warfare. Whether you agree with their position, these people have moral clarity- you on the other hand, somehow believing that Muslim mistreatment of women and gays make them more eligible for harsh treatment from others, show a lack of it. 

As an aside, there are many groups fighting for woman’s and gay rights in the Muslim world, and all of them are liberal or leftist. Both Amnesty International and the ACLU have led the charge on this issue along with other organizations none of which are on the right. So it’s completely incorrect to claim there is any hypocrisy from the left on this issue (there is hypocrisy from the left on plenty of other issues, however.) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BudBro said:

Think bigger than the one issue.  Back to the op, then, who is to decide what is good and what is evil (moral relativism)?  You seem fine with wives and daughters having a grown man play with his d*&k in the women's gym locker room or school locker room.  At what point is there a line to be drawn, and who should draw it, in your opinion?  Does it need to be your daughter in order to affect your "live and let live" philosophy of life?  Does it need to progress to being raped or killed to get to the line in the sand?  If it's someone else's concern only, should it be left alone?  To the extreme, would you just and allow another Jewish holocaust because it's in another country and a different culture?

What leads you to believe I'm fine with it?  I literally said trans don't belong near women in naked or potential naked situations. 

4 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

What leads you to believe I'm fine with it?  I literally said trans don't belong near women in naked or potential naked situations. 

I heard you. 

You followed up with:  "And how slippery can the slope be when there are so very few trannies?"

I posed it as a way to move beyond the single issue.  How do you propose we move it back toward what was originally intended by the framers?  And, who, do you propose, is going to make that happen (if, indeed, that is something you even espouse)?

27 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Ah, more facts from BeachGuy.  Do you have a link supporting these numbers?  Of course not, it's just more feelz.

10 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

Yes, we'll take the blue counties 75% of GDP and you can have the chithole red states and your measly 25% GDP.

Let's see how that works out for you cultist. 

Fine by me you Leftist pos.  As long as I don’t have to see and hear your insane ideas anymore.

I heard you. 

You followed up with:  "And how slippery can the slope be when there are so very few trannies?"

I posed it as a way to move beyond the single issue.  How do you propose we move it back toward what was originally intended by the framers?  And, who, do you propose, is going to make that happen (if, indeed, that is something you even espouse)?

I believe common sense and cultural norms will take hold.  Sure cultural norms change over time like the acceptance of blacks, but this to me is different and this is being supported by a very small number of vocal proponents.

2 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Ah, more facts from BeachGuy.  Do you have a link supporting these numbers?  Of course not, it's just more feelz.

It’s my opinion.  According to you I need nothing else.

Why would you even quote me when I eviscerated you so thoroughly?

Some kind of a pain fetish?

25 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

Existential Threat:

I do not believe that a nation can survive in the long term on a backbone of moral relativism.  While the above specific issues are not likely to cause the demise of our nation, they are part of a clear pattern and trajectory towards increasing relativism.  What is the American Way?  Is life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness good?  How about the American Dream, that any person through hard work can achieve his/her goals?  Is that good?  We seem to be increasingly celebrating people for being on an intersectional scale more than people who achieve great things.

Once again, you can't read, or didn't even bother to read the premise in my OP, which I pasted above.  You just came in to spew venom and not have a productive conversation.

You could use a break, you are getting beaten so bad here.  Maybe go read an article on the creativity of pivot tables?

3 minutes ago, Patented Phil said:

Fine by me you Leftist pos.  As long as I don’t have to see and hear your insane ideas anymore.

Enjoy turning the clock back 75 years boyo.  Liberals advance society while you Stone Age conservatives fear progress.

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

Once again, you can't read, or didn't even bother to read the premise in my OP, which I pasted above.  You just came in to spew venom and not have a productive conversation.

You could use a break, you are getting beaten so bad here.  Maybe go read an article on the creativity of pivot tables?

Or how about opinions are data points?

LOLOLOL

And I responded directly to your response to me simple salesman.

You do have a pain fetish.

SAD

13 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

As an aside, there are many groups fighting for woman’s and gay rights in the Muslim world,

A significant impact on women's rights in the muslim world has come from Christianity.

5 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

Or how about opinions are data points?

LOLOLOL

So you didn't read my OP, as expected.  Good job, good effort.  :thumbsup: 

8 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

I believe common sense and cultural norms will take hold.  Sure cultural norms change over time like the acceptance of blacks, but this to me is different and this is being supported by a very small number of vocal proponents.

Ok.  I won't put words in your mouth, but will suggest that common sense and cultural norms can be seen in two radically opposed political parties.  You expressed opposition for the trans in your wife's locker room, yet you seem to support the political party which encourages the degeneration of moral norms that end up with d*&ks out in the locker room.  That, seemingly, is a conflict...or hypocrisy (or, just play acting on the bored so you can f**k with people).  Either way, the argument seems to dissipate into which political party best keeps the slope the most dry. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

So you didn't read my OP, as expected.  Good job, good effort.  :thumbsup: 

'sup jk?  Hope you're doing well. 

'sup jk?  Hope you're doing well. 

I'm good, thanks.  Still alive, so I can't complain, but I still do.

Glad to see you back, hope you keep posting here.  :cheers: