Sign in to follow this  
MDC

The *** OFFICIAL *** NBA draft thread

Figured with the Finals winding down it was time for this thread. Rumors, news, best case scenario for your teams etc.

• I'm thinking the more time goes on and the closer we get the bigger the chance that Ingram goes #1 over Simmons.

• Apparently Marquese Chriss out of Washington is skyrocketing up the charts. Maybe as high as 3 to Boston.

Hearing Boston wants to trade the #3 pick. Possibly to Philly for Okafor.

While you're back there in the past can you stop RP's parents from conceiving?

This 'rumor' fell through?

No its just an old one

I would be stunned if the Sixers take Ingram over Simmons. I like Ingram a lot but to me Simmons is the best player in this class and it's not very close.

I'd also be stunned if the Celts take Chris. I think they're going to try to trade the pick, barring that they will draft Darko Bender.

And we're off............

The Utah Jazz are sending the No. 12 overall pick in Thursday's NBA draft to the Atlanta Hawks in a deal that includes Jeff Teague going to the Indiana Pacers and the Jazz acquiring George Hill, sources told The Vertical.

While you're back there in the past can you stop RP's parents from conceiving?

:first: :first: :first:

Darko Bender.

Most of us here have been on more than a few of those.

And more:

The Bulls are sending Derrick Rose, Justin Holiday and a 2017 2nd round pick to the Knicks for Robin Lopez, Jerian Grant and Jose Calderon.

I'm just glad Teague isn't coming here for Noel.

In case there was any question of who's going number one tonight:

The Sixers gave up any pretense that there was an ongoing internal debate about whom they should take No. 1 when they brought in Ben Simmons for a workout Tuesday — based on a promise that they would select him at No. 1. It turns out, he was really their guy all along. “We decided on lottery night,” one Sixers official told me.
via ESPN.com

In case there was any question of who's going number one tonight:

And word is that Ingram is going 2 (duh). Guess that means te Celtics are on the clock.

Ben Simmons is the best overall prospect to come out of the draft in years. Of course he's going #1. :doublethumbsup:

3 to 6ers for Noel and whatever other pieces looks the most likely right now. Noel a local kid and the defensive stopper they need

Apparently everybody wants Kris Dunn, but the Celtics have both Isiah Thomas and Marcus Smart so look for them to trade to the highest bidder.

Sixers should stand pat. Celtics don't need a guard, so they can't take Philly for ransome. There are three good guards. Dunn, Murray, and Hield. They will be able to get one of them for Okafor alone. If Boston wants to take Dunn and still be hurting for bigs, that doesn't hurt Philly one bit.

Sixers should stand pat. Celtics don't need a guard, so they can't take Philly for ransome. There are three good guards. Dunn, Murray, and Hield. They will be able to get one of them for Okafor alone. If Boston wants to take Dunn and still be hurting for bigs, that doesn't hurt Philly one bit.

I have no idea what the Cs will do. I have no interest in Okafor. Although I think they need scoring, I would like Noel. Its not a splash, and won't change too much of their outlook next year, however, I think it would be a good move. Should help some in getting a key free agent here. The #3 pick for Noel is probably a little high, maybe something is added, maybe not. Dunn should be the #3 pick. I have gone back and forth on this. I like all of the Cs current guards, but don't like them exactly on the same team. Specifically, the Cs shouldn't play Thomas and Bradley together too often. They are too small when they do. I think Marcus Smart is going to be a star. None are the prototype for PG. Dunn is, and I can get behind a Dunn/Thomas/Smart 1/2/3. I can see Avery getting dealt, maybe not until next year. I don't particularly want Hield, Murray, Brown, or Criss, and want no part of Bender. Hard to tell which one will be worth it.

Also with Lopez going to the Bulls, Joakim Noah is probably not going to be resigned and will be a free agent. Word is the Knicks will be suitors.

Sounds like NY is bringing over Willy hernangomez from overseas. Big kid, really good post game...wonder how that effects things. Him and porzingas are close friends.

In a jump shooting league it will be interesting to watch Simmon's progression, he simply isn't a threat offensively outside of the paint at this time.

Kris Dunn falls right to the Wolves. With KOT and Wiggins. Sheesh. Nasty young core.

Dunn is the real deal.

Kris Dunn falls right to the Wolves. With KOT and Wiggins. Sheesh. Nasty young core.

Dunn is the real deal.

Really. I can't believe the Celtics drafted Brown over him.

Buddy Hield looks like a horse. Is he related to Shannon Sharpe?

He reminds me of Chauncey Billups after a stroke.

Seeing Bender interviewed by that broad who was 3 feet shorter then him was awesome :D

He should not speak, like, ever.

He should not speak, like, ever.

I've read that he's a great kid.

It's a shame that his teeth are trying to escape his mouth.

I've read that he's a great kid.

It's a shame that his teeth are trying to escape his mouth.

Yup, good kid, no more talking tho.

Looks like he could choke on a piece of rice. Also the only draftee who has hacked someone to death with a machete.

what a STEAL of a trade for OKC

Oladipo, Ilyasova and Sabonis for Ibaka???

Westbrook

Oladipo

Ilyasova

Durant

combo Adams/Sabonis

moves the likes of roberson and waiters to the bench

:thumbsup:

Dunn is the real deal.

needs to improve his shooting or he might just be a better defensive version of rubio. but i like the pick.

T Wolves are going to be rising fast. Thats how you build a team. Philly should take note.

philly is hurting for guards. if they could have got Boston to trade 3rd pick for Okafor it would be a huge steal and help ease some of the mess Hinkie put together for the sixers with all those old school bigs.

while Boston could use a big, its been widely proven that small ball, long range shooting, explosive wings and floor spacing wins in todays NBA.

needs to improve his shooting or he might just be a better defensive version of rubio. but i like the pick.

T Wolves are going to be rising fast. Thats how you build a team. Philly should take note.

Just added the best prospect in years.

When do the Nets pick? 2021?

Just added the best prospect in years.

When do the Nets pick? 2021?

aww, you're so butt hurt. im just speaking the truth and you can't help but fire back about the Nets. If I were a die hard Nets fan, i'd give you some credit :lol:

aww, you're so butt hurt. im just speaking the truth and you can't help but fire back about the Nets. If I were a die hard Nets fan, i'd give you some credit :lol:

I wouldn't be a diehard fan either if my team was the Nets. :lol:

Tonight is a great night for me. For you not so much. :(

ETA Nets traded Thad Young for 20! Whoot!

I wouldn't be a diehard fan either if my team was the Nets. :lol:

Tonight is a great night for me. For you not so much. :(

but you like being a die hard fan of a team that does nothing but tank and is a laughingstock?

buddy,

anyone on this board can tell you I am a KG fan first and a Nets fan 2nd as my hometown team. You yourself know that I have readily admitted the Nets swung for the fences when they were already a playoff team and they whiffed.

Its still better than constantly wearing homer glasses like you do. All you did was sing hinkies praises. He bailed. Your team tanks year after year and youre left with a log jam of old school and/or offensively challenged big men and NO guards in a guard centric league. Im really happy you got Simmons but lets see him do something in the NBA first because right now i'd rather have KAT.....

hopefully philly makes some smart trades to build a balanced roster. i'd probably be willing to bet when the dust settles, Brooklyn finishes with a better record

but you like being a die hard fan of a team that does nothing but tank and is a laughingstock?

buddy,

anyone on this board can tell you I am a KG fan first and a Nets fan 2nd as my hometown team. You yourself know that I have readily admitted the Nets swung for the fences when they were already a playoff team and they whiffed.

Its still better than constantly wearing homer glasses like you do. All you did was sing hinkies praises. He bailed. Your team tanks year after year and youre left with a log jam of old school and/or offensively challenged big men and NO guards in a guard centric league. Im really happy you got Simmons but lets see him do something in the NBA first because right now i'd rather have KAT.....

hopefully philly makes some smart trades to build a balanced roster. i'd probably be willing to bet when the dust settles, Brooklyn finishes with a better record

The Sixers are awful now but finally have some young gems and they're flush with picks and incoming players. They have a chance.

The Nets suck and will be here the Sixers were last year 3 years from now.

You can suck a big fat dong you bitter dooshbag hater. We got Simmons and you get nothing! :overhead: