Sign in to follow this  
ROCKFORD

shatter

Shatter is a type of cannabis concentrate, shatter specifically refers to a texture of concentrate that breaks and shatters like glass, rather than pulling like taffy. It is created by extracting the cannabinoids, terpenes, and other chemical compounds found in the cannabis plant usually from dried cannabis. Shatter is similar to Live resin, but instead Live resin uses fresh cannabis and is extracted differently than Shatter.[2] A wide variety of solvents can be used for extraction, such as chloroform, dichloromethane, petroleum ether, naphtha, benzene, butane, methanol, ethanol, isopropanol.[3] Shatter is usually transparent and has an amber glass color. The reason shatter is clear has to do with the molecules in the cannabis. When these molecules are left undisturbed, they form the glass-like appearance. Heat, moisture, and high terpene content can also affect the texture of the outcome of the extraction, which may turn oils into a runnier substance that resembles sap. Oils with a consistency that falls somewhere between clear shatter and viscous sap is often referred to as "pull-and-snap"

link

discuss :wave:

Go ahead, bite the Big Apple. Don't mind the maggots.

Or the residue left in the bowl after an explosive dump?

Left a little shatter on the porcelain...then later trybto piss it off the bowl.

• Like 1

There was a shady looking guy buying lots of butane awhile ago. I googled it and assumed this is what he was doing then I raised the price to 3.99

I have tried shatter. Wax. Hash. Crumble. Shatter was crazy. It was 2 quit hit. No joke.

Before I clicked on it I wasn't sure if this is going to be a post about toilet happenings or William Shatner.

I have tried shatter. Wax. Hash. Crumble. Shatter was crazy. It was 2 quit hit. No joke.

I tried it once. Holee fock.

Weed is one area Im old school. Give me some buds and some fire and Im good.

Shatter was like being weed kicked in the head. Zero to baked out of your mind instantly.

My brother carries a pen vape full of wax around. I get the convenience of it, being able to smoke on the go, but for home use, give me a good old bong rip.

Shatter sounds like spice. ###### that noise

I saw a video of how they make it. You basically boil actual weed in butane or whatever. That pulls the THC out. There are other steps, but its the same stuff you get from weed, just concentrated.

Obviously, boiling a flammable liquid can get dicey, hence the cases of apartments going up in an inferno.

I tried it once. Holee fock.

Weed is one area Im old school. Give me some buds and some fire and Im good.

Shatter was like being weed kicked in the head. Zero to baked out of your mind instantly.

My brother carries a pen vape full of wax around. I get the convenience of it, being able to smoke on the go, but for home use, give me a good old bong rip.

It was too much for me. Honestly. I am used to a certain level of being stoned. When I smoke a bowl it ramps up to me being stoned. It takes a few mins for it to hit. With shatter it is immediate and a little scary how quickly you are stoned.