Sign in to follow this  
edjr

New charges filed against Manafort in Russia probe

Special counsel Robert Mueller has brought additional charges against President Donald Trump's campaign chairman and a longtime associate who prosecutors have said has ties to Russian intelligence.

The new indictment was unsealed Friday against Paul Manafort and Konstantin Kilimnik just days after prosecutors accused the two men of attempting to tamper with witnesses as Manafort awaits trial of felony charges related to his work on behalf of Ukrainian interests.

The latest charges increase Manafort's legal jeopardy if he continues an aggressive battle with prosecutors, and could be an effort by Mueller to induce a guilty plea and secure the testimony of a critical campaign adviser to Trump. They also come as Trump and his attorney, Rudy Giuliani, have heaped public criticism on the Mueller investigation in an attempt to undermine it.

The charges against Manafort do not relate to his work on the Trump campaign or involve allegations of Russian election interference, a fact that the president has routinely noted as he tried to distance himself from his former top campaign adviser.

The new indictment charges Manafort and Kilimnik with obstruction of justice and conspiracy to obstruct justice related to contacts they had with two witnesses earlier this year. The witnesses, who had worked with Manafort as he represented a pro-Russian political party in Ukraine, have told the FBI that they believed Manafort and Kilimnik were trying to get them to lie about the nature of their work.

The charges mark the second time since October that an indictment against Manafort has been amended to include additional allegations.

Through a spokesman, Manafort, 69, has maintained his innocence. The spokesman, Jason Maloni, said Friday that Manafort and his attorneys were reviewing the new charges.

Kilimnik, 48, has previously declined to comment on the allegations. He also has denied being connected to Russian intelligence agencies.

Prosecutors say the contacts via phone and encrypted messaging applications first occurred in February, shortly after a grand jury returned a new indictment against Manafort and while he was confined to his home. Kilimnik also reached out to witnesses in April.

Manafort is awaiting trial in federal court in Washington and Alexandria, Virginia. His co-defendant, Rick Gates, pleaded guilty in February and agreed to cooperate with prosecutors.

The allegations of witness tampering relate to Manafort's criminal case in Washington where he faces charges of money-laundering conspiracy, false statements and acting as an unregistered foreign agent for Ukrainian interests. In Virginia, he also faces bank fraud and tax evasion charges.

:popcorn:

You'd think it's a bad sign for Trump but really it goes back to his ties long before Trump.

The real investigation is dealing with Pappadopolos. He was marched into the Trump campaign AFTER contact with FBI sourcws/assets.

You'd think it's a bad sign for Trump but really it goes back to his ties long before Trump.

The real investigation is dealing with Pappadopolos. He was marched into the Trump campaign AFTER contact with FBI sourcws/assets.

This.

Have heard Rumblings that John McCain maybe behind planting him in Trump's organization along with manafort.

• Like 1

This.

Have heard Rumblings that John McCain maybe behind planting him in Trump's organization along with manafort.

Seriously...dont start buying into the FF and Rock conspiracy BS...its not a good look.

Painting this as anything other than bad for those associated with Trump is just downright nuts.

Seriously...dont start buying into the FF and Rock conspiracy BS...its not a good look.

Painting this as anything other than bad for those associated with Trump is just downright nuts.

Please provide this list for everyone associated with Manafort. Might surprise most folks how deep his ties are.

Podestas therefore Clintons.

ETA When did Pappadopolos join Trump Campaign and when were the OCONUS lures started?

• Like 1

Considering absolutely none of his indictment or tampering has anything whatsoever to do with Trump that's pretty funny coming from you.

Or is this more of your down the middle opinions again?

Considering absolutely none of his indictment or tampering has anything whatsoever to do with Trump that's pretty funny coming from you.

Sho thinks 'Well, he last worked for Trump therefore it's about Trump'. Manafort is so entrenched with Washington lobbyists that there is no party association.

There's a reason Podestas closed up shop at the same time.

Much was before Trump..sure. Yet Trump has him in his inner circle and this is just one part of what is being found. You get that, right?

This is yet again one of my opinions based on the facts...rather than what is read on nutball sites that FF posts.

Much was before Trump..sure. Yet Trump has him in his inner circle and this is just one part of what is being found. You get that, right?

This is yet again one of my opinions based on the facts...rather than what is read on nutball sites that FF posts.

I read referrals, evidence produced from investigations, etc...

You read Buzzfeed and watch The View.

Well since you do enjoy a facts so much can you name one thing tied to Trump that manafort has been indicted for?

Because my opinion based on actual facts isvthat there isn't any. Hoping that there are, wishing for ties to Trump, unfortunately are not facts.

Well since you do enjoy a facts so much can you name one thing tied to Trump that manafort has been indicted for?

Because my opinion based on actual facts isvthat there isn't any. Hoping that there are, wishing for ties to Trump, unfortunately are not facts.

Can you find where I have claimed what he is charged with being related to Trump himself?

Asfor Manafort...his indictments covered times including during the campaign.

Also, do you find it normal for a campaign chairman to be charged with crimes relating to Russia...and that he was that closely aligned with the Trump campaign? Where there are numerous ties to Russia and lies about contacts with Russia?

We can also get into how one would act if they were being influenced by Russia...like taking global positions that have been favorable to Putins goals. Trying to argue that Putin should be back in the G-8? There are more as well of course.

Love how Sho claims facts as if he has inside knowledge.

I do? I claim facts as far as the known facts at this point...not that i have snide knowledge.

HTH

I do? I claim facts as far as the known facts at this point...not that i have snide knowledge.

HTH

Great. Well right now the actual facts Show that none of this has anything to do with Trump or his campaign. If your concern was sticking with facts then stick to them.

HTH

HTH

So how do you know that the information you have is factual?

HTH

Your 'facts' are so 2017....

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2018/06/08/the-bigger-story-behind-the-jame-wolfe-indictment/

To all: Read the whole article and review how many stories were released then had to be retracted.

These stories are merely mole hunts which should make you question the whole 'Mueller Investigation'.

By the midterms we'll find out Verbal Quint is actually Keyser Soze.

Great. Well right now the actual facts Show that none of this has anything to do with Trump or his campaign. If your concern was sticking with facts then stick to them.

HTH

Have I stated it has to do with Trump?

As for the campaign...these are big parts of his campaign being in ndoctedfor crimes ...with Russia...some that were going in during the campaign.

As for the campaign...these are big parts of his campaign being in ndoctedfor crimes ...with Russia...some that were going in during the campaign.

Russia!

Admit it, you fake jumped.

So how do you know that the information you have is factual?

Well sourced articles...court documents...lots of ways.

Have anything to refute my claims...or just trolling a bit?

Yes.

"Much was before Trump..sure. Yet Trump has him in his inner circle and this is just one part of what is being found"

See this is the garbage you do. It is plain and clear and obvious to anyone by your response when I said it had nothing to do with Trump... For you to try to tie it time to Trump even though none of that has ever come up. And then you try to hide behind well when did I specifically say it had anything to do with Trump?

HTH

His concern MAY be with sticking to facts, but every single on of his posts show that he doesn't even know what a fact is. All he does is lie, distract and throw up smokescreens.

Well sourced articles...court documents...lots of ways.

Have anything to refute my claims...or just trolling a bit?

Just trolling. I dont have any facts. I wasnt there.

I remember that one time Bill said he didnt have sexual relations with that woman. Turns out, that wasnt a fact, even though it came straight from his mouth. :lol:

Yes.

"Much was before Trump..sure. Yet Trump has him in his inner circle and this is just one part of what is being found"

See this is the garbage you do. It is plain and clear and obvious to anyone by your response when I said it had nothing to do with Trump... For you to try to tie it time to Trump even though none of that has ever come up. And then you try to hide behind well when did I specifically say it had anything to do with Trump?

So I didnt actually say it has to do with Trump beyond having him in his inner circle? Great...good job Serpico.

See this is what you all do...make claims and assertions that I never said...post something you claims is that when its not even close...then claim gotcha.

Way to be.

Ive said often that this whole thing may not get all the way to Trump...Ive been saying from very early in that Manafort and Flynn were focked. And Im pretty sure it wont stop there.

I think with any other congress there would already be more speaking out and had this been Obama or had Hillary been elected this congress would be screaming bloody murder.

Just trolling. I dont have any facts. I wasnt there.

I remember that one time Bill said he didnt have sexual relations with that woman. Turns out, that wasnt a fact, even though it came straight from his mouth. :lol:

And congress brought articles of impeachment for that as well.

Think there is a reason Trump wont testify voluntarily considering he is nearly incapable of telling the truth?

I read referrals, evidence produced from investigations, etc...

You read Buzzfeed and watch The View.

Lol

• Like 1

So I didnt actually say it has to do with Trump beyond having him in his inner circle? Great...good job Serpico.

See this is what you all do...make claims and assertions that I never said...post something you claims is that when its not even close...then claim gotcha.

Way to be.

Ive said often that this whole thing may not get all the way to Trump...Ive been saying from very early in that Manafort and Flynn were focked. And Im pretty sure it wont stop there.

I think with any other congress there would already be more speaking out and had this been Obama or had Hillary been elected this congress would be screaming bloody murder.

I stand by my post. You're a moron. Everyone knows what you were alluding to. You do this in every thread.

• Like 1

I stand by my post. You're a moron. Everyone knows what you were alluding to. You do this in every thread.

He's not an obvious liar like Digby, but he's just as dishonest. There are many low quality people like that, living their life on the loophole that they aren't actually lying, but it's the same thing.

Sorry...thats bullshit. I know damn well what Insay and make sure to do it where it conveys the actual meaning. It isnt my fault you infer stuff I dont actually say.

Now if you want my opinion...there is so much smoke here its nits. Manafort has lived in Trump Tower since 2006...his con was indictee here is connected in Russian intelligence. That all these connections and lies is a coincidence...youd have to have yiur head buried deep in the sand to believe that.

Sorry...thats bullshit. I know damn well what Insay and make sure to do it where it conveys the actual meaning. It isnt my fault you infer stuff I dont actually say.

Now if you want my opinion...there is so much smoke here its nits. Manafort has lived in Trump Tower since 2006...his con was indictee here is connected in Russian intelligence. That all these connections and lies is a coincidence...youd have to have yiur head buried deep in the sand to believe that.

Again it would be amazing if you gave the left as little benefit of the doubt as you do the right.

I personally don't care about Paul manafort. I think he was a nothing player that's getting himself into trouble for Crap he did long before Trump.

What??

Someone tell Shonuff that Trump has apartment buildings all over NYC. A high profile lawyer with money living in one of his properties isn't unusual. He's such a bumpkin.

Someone tell Shonuff that Trump has apartment buildings all over NYC. A high profile lawyer with money living in one of his properties isn't unusual. He's such a bumpkin.

Who would be able to tell Slonuff? He has everyone but Wiff, MDC and Honcho on ignore.

• Like 1

Again it would be amazing if you gave the left as little benefit of the doubt as you do the right.

I personally don't care about Paul manafort. I think he was a nothing player that's getting himself into trouble for Crap he did long before Trump.

What benefit of the doubt here?

He was a campaign chair...that isnt just some nothing.

What benefit of the doubt here?

He was a campaign chair...that isnt just some nothing.

Another example of this low rent jack off telling a half truth. He was a campaign chair for 2 weeks. Of course he leaves that out.

Another example of this low rent jack off telling a half truth. He was a campaign chair for 2 weeks. Of course he leaves that out.

Of course he did. Slo lies for his ideology.

Love how Sho claims facts as if he has inside knowledge.

He does. The future mass shooters over at communistguys.com. They have all kinds of inside sources over there.