Sign in to follow this  
edjr

New charges filed against Manafort in Russia probe

Can you find where I have claimed what he is charged with being related to Trump himself?

Asfor Manafort...his indictments covered times including during the campaign.

Also, do you find it normal for a campaign chairman to be charged with crimes relating to Russia...and that he was that closely aligned with the Trump campaign? Where there are numerous ties to Russia and lies about contacts with Russia?

We can also get into how one would act if they were being influenced by Russia...like taking global positions that have been favorable to Putins goals. Trying to argue that Putin should be back in the G-8? There are more as well of course.

:lol:

- Manafort indictments, regardless of the time frame, still have zero to do with Trump, the election, or Russian meddling

- He was a campaign manager for several months who was fired with 3 months to go. He was not "closely aligned" with the campaign. He was a tool to get delegates.

- Numerous ties? You mean FBI informant Carter Page speaking at a commencement in Moscow? Or Papa D meeting with a CIA/FBI informant in London?

- Global positions favorable to Putin? Like bombing the ###### out of Syria? Like bombing the ###### out of Russian mercenaries? Like flooding the world market with US oil? Like striking deals with Eastern European countries for delivering natural gas? Like peace on the Korean peninsula? What specific global positions has Trump taken favorable to Putin?

- Manafort indictments, regardless of the time frame, still have zero to do with Trump, the election, or Russian meddling

- He was a campaign manager for several months who was fired with 3 months to go. He was not "closely aligned" with the campaign. He was a tool to get delegates.

- Numerous ties? You mean FBI informant Carter Page speaking at a commencement in Moscow? Or Papa D meeting with a CIA/FBI informant in London?

- Global positions favorable to Putin? Like bombing the ###### out of Syria? Like bombing the ###### out of Russian mercenaries? Like flooding the world market with US oil? Like striking deals with Eastern European countries for delivering natural gas? Like peace on the Korean peninsula? What specific global positions has Trump taken favorable to Putin?

This is bad even for you. Try harder next time.

I mean the fact that you guys toe the linye to the letter is why I don't even bother much anymore. But let's see.

1. Even Trey Gowdy and Cruz have not only shut down from total lie about Spygate. You know the one that he said was bigger than Watergate. But they also both admitted that Russia was actively involved and trying to influence the campaign in Trump's favor. Forget whether they did or didn't. Just because they haven't fed you this question doesn't mean you shouldn't think of it. How stupid must Trump be that the Russians actually want him to have the job?

2. So before, it was nobody in my staff had any contact whatsoever with the Russians. Now that there are multiple indictments and just gods of proof, the story about anybody including especially man fart is that everything you did occurred before he got involved with Trump.

A. So you were lying about being nobody in contact with the Russians part right?

B. Check out when and why weapons went to the Ukraine. And what it had to do with a huge deal between manafort and the Ukraine. That was clearly after he signed on.

C. Some dude just randomly shows up at your campaign door and says hey I want to be your campaign manager for free? And you don't question anything? Does that even seem reasonable to anybody with more than two brain cells?

3. Michael Flynn. Already fired from the last government. Horrible reputation from the last government. Specifically warned about by the last government. But you pick him up anyway? And even when you're told of all his violations, it takes weeks for you to get this guy out of top secret meetings? Even longer to fire him?

A. By the way, they're doing the same thing with Kushner. You shouldn't have a clearance, but it's business as usual for him. Because POTUS says so.

I mean Jesus guys, stop letting Hannity lead you around by the nostrils. Just ask your own questions and then ask if they make any sense?

Flynn being fired by Obama is an atribute. HTH

I mean the fact that you guys toe the linye to the letter is why I don't even bother much anymore. But let's see.

1. Even Trey Gowdy and Cruz have not only shut down from total lie about Spygate. You know the one that he said was bigger than Watergate. But they also both admitted that Russia was actively involved and trying to influence the campaign in Trump's favor. Forget whether they did or didn't. Just because they haven't fed you this question doesn't mean you shouldn't think of it. How stupid must Trump be that the Russians actually want him to have the job?

2. So before, it was nobody in my staff had any contact whatsoever with the Russians. Now that there are multiple indictments and just gods of proof, the story about anybody including especially man fart is that everything you did occurred before he got involved with Trump.

A. So you were lying about being nobody in contact with the Russians part right?

B. Check out when and why weapons went to the Ukraine. And what it had to do with a huge deal between manafort and the Ukraine. That was clearly after he signed on.

C. Some dude just randomly shows up at your campaign door and says hey I want to be your campaign manager for free? And you don't question anything? Does that even seem reasonable to anybody with more than two brain cells?

3. Michael Flynn. Already fired from the last government. Horrible reputation from the last government. Specifically warned about by the last government. But you pick him up anyway? And even when you're told of all his violations, it takes weeks for you to get this guy out of top secret meetings? Even longer to fire him?

A. By the way, they're doing the same thing with Kushner. You shouldn't have a clearance, but it's business as usual for him. Because POTUS says so.

I mean Jesus guys, stop letting Hannity lead you around by the nostrils. Just ask your own questions and then ask if they make any sense?

Try reading the actual news/evidence instead of letting CNN and MSNBC filter it for you.

If you can't put the pieces together with all that we now know, you should avoid puzzles over ten pieces.

there should be a separate jail just for stupidity and arrogance.

Dude Gets Busted, threatened basically with a lifetime in jail, placed under severe restrictions, and still tries to game the system literally the minute he gets out of court.

If you can't put the pieces together with all that we now know, you should avoid puzzles over ten pieces.

Fortunately, it's a really easy puzzle.

1. The entire intelligence and Justice Community knows more than filthy.

2. Filthy knows more than the entire Justice and intelligence committee and just happens to Parrot everything the Trump & Giuliani say on Fox and Friends.

Hmm... that's a head scratcher all right.😂

I'm glad that podesta buddy is busted, hopefully mueller has the balls and integrity to go after them next

I'm glad that podesta buddy is busted, hopefully mueller has the balls and integrity to go after them next

Sure go ahead...though Pisesta doesnt appear to fall into the scope of Muellers work.

Might want to try someone else with this.

Sure go ahead...though Pisesta doesnt appear to fall into the scope of Muellers work.

Just say 'I don't know but I'll defend him' when you're referring to the Podestas.

Who is this Pisesta you speak of?

Mueller prosecutors rebuked repeatedly by trial judge with history of colorful rulings

The federal judge presiding over the fraud trial of ex-Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort rebuked Special Counsel Robert Mueller's team repeatedly on Tuesday, highlighting potential vulnerabilities in the first prosecution arising out of Mueller's ongoing Russia probe.

The 78-year-old judge, T.S. Ellis, sent jurors out of the courtroom several times as he reminded prosecutors that Manafort is not on trial for simply having a "lavish lifestyle."

Ellis also surprised the courtroom late Tuesday, saying, "I’m hoping to finish this case much sooner than anyone predicted.”

The trial had been expected to last three weeks. Earlier in the day, prosecutors told the judge they thought the government could wrap its case by the end of next week

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/08/01/mueller-prosecutors-rebuked-repeatedly-by-trial-judge-with-history-colorful-rulings.html

Mueller's team is off to a rough start so far. Judge has been dragging his ball sack all over their faces for 2 straight days.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/08/01/mueller-team-lectured-by-judge-in-manafort-case.html

Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s prosecutors were lectured by a federal judge on Wednesday for the language they’ve used in the courtroom and more, as the trial of former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort entered its second day.

U.S. District Judge T.S. Ellis III specifically told prosecutors to stop using the word “oligarch” to describe wealthy Ukrainians, whose dealings with Manafort are at the heart of the fraud charges he faces in northern Virginia federal court.
The judge said the term has a “pejorative” meaning and is not relevant in this case. Further, he cautioned that using it could suggest Manafort is associated with bad people – and guilty by association.
“It’s not the American way,” the judge said. He noted that wealthy donors like George Soros or the Koch brothers also could be considered oligarchs.

The Mueller team was later rebuffed again by Ellis when they tried to introduce photos that eventually would become public of Manafort’s closets filled with suits and high-end clothing.

While it’s part of their effort to paint Manafort as a tax scofflaw who spent big on luxury items, Ellis would not allow the photos for now.
“Enough is enough. We don’t convict people because they have a lot of money and throw it around,” he said.
The judge said the photos would seem “unnecessary, irrelevant” and potentially “prejudicial.” Further, he reminded the lawyers that Manafort “is not on trial for having a lavish lifestyle, but for not reporting income on his taxes.”

Important fact that the sky screamers seem to be unaware of:

But the case is proceeding, in the first trial arising from the Mueller probe.

The Manafort charges do not relate to allegations of Russian meddling or collusion with Trump figures in the 2016 campaign, but rather focus on allegations that Manafort cheated on his taxes and engaged in other fraudulent activity.

Neither does Manafort.

The only reason Manafort was thrown in jail and is being prosecuted by Mueller's team is because they thought they could get him to flip on Trump.

Womp focking womp.

Now they are getting embarrassed in court. Kind of like they did when the attorney for the Russian twitter trolls showed up and Mueller could not even produce discovery. Rough year for Hoover 2.0.

• Like 1

You all thought they got embarrassed before the trial...and you were wrong then.

FFS you make mountains out of small procedural things...Manafort is going to spend a long time in jail...just realize that.

You all thought they got embarrassed before the trial...and you were wrong then.

FFS you make mountains out of small procedural things...Manafort is going to spend a long time in jail...just realize that.

If he does, it won't be because any of the reasons you wanted him to.

Also, I seriously doubt he will. (spend time in jail)

Slap on the wrist, huge fine, it's done.

Just a guess

If Obama can pardon terrorists who set off bombs in the U.S. and killed innocent civilians Trump can find his way to pardon this obvious political witch hunt. Don't cry little snowflake, only 6 more years.

If he does, it won't be because any of the reasons you wanted him to.

Also, I seriously doubt he will. (spend time in jail)

Slap on the wrist, huge fine, it's done.

Just a guess

What reasons do I want him to?

He is in jail now...you think he gets out with time served?

Barring a Trump pardon...that isnt happening.

What reasons do I want him to?

I assumed you really hoped that he would have turned on Trump with some sort of scathing evidence with the alleged Russia collusion.

Honestly, why is his trial such a media circus for what he is being accused of?

Also, sorry about the jail comment...I know he is in "jail" but I was trying to say that he won't spend as much time there as you / many think. (without a pardon)

If he does? Oh well. You played the game and you lost. Good riddance

Manafort case judge warns Mueller team they 'can't prove conspiracy' without star witness

The federal judge in the trial of ex-Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort told Special Counsel Robert Mueller's team on Thursday they cannot prove a key part of their case unless prosecutors call Manafort’s former business partner to the stand.

U.S. District Court Judge T.S. Ellis III issued the warning after prosecutors suggested Wednesday that Rick Gates – who is cooperating with prosecutors and had been considered a potential star witness – might not be called to the stand after all.

Referencing Gates, Ellis told prosecutors in court they “can’t prove conspiracy without him.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/08/02/manafort-case-judge-warns-mueller-team-cant-prove-conspiracy-without-star-witness.html