Sign in to follow this  
weepaws

25 million dollar qb

I read that Sam Bradford during this past season asked the Eagles for them to pay him 25 million per season , now I know the value of a good qb is high , but is Bradford worth 25 million per season ?

Thats the state of nfl qbs right now. They know anyone who isnt completely terrible is basically a star and has to be held onto. There just arent as many good qbs anymore. Theres great, bad and "eh, he'll do".

He tried to pull a Flacco and bet on himself producing with those 27 and 2 Foles numbers like he had first year

I read that Sam Bradford during this past season asked the Eagles for them to pay him 25 million per season , now I know the value of a good qb is high , but is Bradford worth 25 million per season ?

He considered it a market-supported raise based on his rookie contract. (Ya know, because he outperformed that deal...) :dunno:

Tom Condon

Right - despicable agent scumbags. These guys are a cancer to the league.

I hope like hell they give it to him.

Right , oh how I agree with you , he is not wrong for asking .

Yup, and thats exactly why that Russell Wilson contract will end up being a steal.

Rounded out numbers:

2016-18mil.

2017-19mil

2017-22mil

2018-23mil.

I hope like hell they give it to him.

Not a chance.

Bradford's "success" last season came with an offensive coordinator (Shurmur) that he's spent considerable time with in the pros. That has to be a starting point in any negotiation with any team that he'll try to sign with. And the other thing is, Chip Kelly was the one that tried like hell, and succeeded, in getting Bradford. With a new offense in place, there's no guarantee that Bradford will put up equivalent or better numbers. Think about it this way.

Prior to last season, Bradford had a 58.6% career completion percentage. Last season Bradford had a gaudy (by his standards) 65.0% completion percentage. How much of that was Shurmur and/or Chip Kelly's offense?

The new coaching staff doesn't have anyone that has ties to Sam. Why hitch the boat to a quarterback like Bradford when at #13 you could conceivably get a guy like Carson Wentz?

Not a chance.

I don't think there's a chance they do either.. But I still hope.

Yup, and thats exactly why that Russell Wilson contract will end up being a steal.

Rounded out numbers:

2016-18mil.

2017-19mil

2017-22mil

2018-23mil.

Agree .

Rounded out numbers:

2016-18mil.

2017-19mil

2017-22mil

2018-23mil.

The last 4 QB contracts were almost identical. Wilson, Eli, Rivers, Roth, all 4 years 83-87m.

The last 4 QB contracts were almost identical. Wilson, Eli, Rivers, Roth, all 4 years 83-87m.

That Roth deal is a good one too. The dudes a drama queen, but well worth it.

They'll probably get Nick Foles back.

They'll probably get Nick Foles back.

Let's all pray that truly does come true .