Sign in to follow this  
KSB2424

***Official*** NBA Draft Thread 2015

Now that the college season over, the next big thing is the NBA Draft. Who leaves early, how the lottery balls fall, and projecting the first round. It's always fun to me.

So here goes a list of guys that are generally accepted to be the top guys. I'm assuming there are a couple Euro guys that we will get to know as the draft gets closer.

KSB's Super Early NBA Draft Big Board (w/o Euros)

1. Jahil Okafor

2. K. Anthony Towns

3. D'Angelo Russell

4. Justice Winslow

5. Frank Kaminsky

6. Willie Caulie Stien

7. Myles Turner

8. Stanley Johnson

9. Kelly Oubre

10. Tyus Jones

11. Jerian Grant

12. Trey Lyles

13. Jacob Poeltl

14. Kris Dunn

The big omissions here are overseas:

Emmanuel Mudiay, China (but American) will go Top 5. He's a PG.

I've been reading a lot about Mario Hezonja (sp?) of Spain - 6'8 stretch forward with a great handle. They say he would've gone #1 if he played in college. He will go Top 10.

Some Croatian dude I can't remember is projected Top 10 too.

You've got Kamisky aka Keith Van Horn 2.0 way too high, he won't be a lottery player.

The big omissions here are overseas:

Emmanuel Mudiay, China (but American) will go Top 5. He's a PG.

I've been reading a lot about Mario Hezonja (sp?) of Spain - 6'8 stretch forward with a great handle. They say he would've gone #1 if he played in college. He will go Top 10.

Some Croatian dude I can't remember is projected Top 10 too.

You've got Kamisky aka Keith Van Horn 2.0 way too high, he won't e a lottery player.

Yeah, I just don't know enough about any of the guys overseas, even that Mudiay guy. Supposedly he was going to SMU but thats all I know.

I think Sam Dekker was exposed a bit last night. Which is why he's not in my Top 14 of college guys above. He's the Keith Van Horn 2.0 moreso than Kamisky in my eyes.

Kaminsky is legit 7 footer with good footwork and can knock down 3's. I don't think he's a star in any stretch of the imagination, but I think he can be a starter or quick off the bench contributer in the league. Stretch 4. May have trouble guarding bigger/stronger 4's but boy can he play on the offensive end. Has to find the right fit on a good team though. If a sorry team drafts Kaminsky and expects him to carry a load they will be dissapointed and he will be as well.

Oh and it's looking likely that no more than 2 Sixer picks will convey this year - their own plus the Heat pick, which is right on the cusp of lottery protection.

They should go BPA regardless of position but Russell is the guy I'm excited to see because he is such an elite, creative passer. I would love Oubre with the Heat pick just to add another freak athlete to the roster.

They should go BPA regardless of position but Russell is the guy I'm excited to see because he is such an elite, creative passer. I would love Oubre with the Heat pick just to add another freak athlete to the roster.

Supposedly Phil Jackson (Knicks) loves D'Angelo too. I can't see him going higher than 3 though.

As a Timberwolf fan, I want NOTHING to do with WC-S. Dude is another Hasheem Thabeet.

Supposedly Phil Jackson (Knicks) loves D'Angelo too. I can't see him going higher than 3 though.

If the Knicks end up with a Top 2 pick and don't draft Okafor or Towns, Phil should be fired.

The Sixers don't even need a big but if they land a top pick they should draft one of those 2. I just think Russell is such a terrific fit for what they need and he will be so much fun to watch.

Lottery is tonight, so we'll get the official draft order. :dancingbanana:

The Hornets have a 1.67 percent chance at the #1 pick. :(

Didn't they use to do these during the halftime of a playoff game?

Not that I'm complaining, since there is a set time to tune in now.

Didn't they use to do these during the halftime of a playoff game?

Not that I'm complaining, since there is a set time to tune in now.

Yes, there is a game tonight...not sure if its a halftime though. :dunno:

The Draft Combine was last week the big winners (guys moving up) were:

Rakeem Christmas (Syracuse)

Devin Booker (Kentucky)

JP Tokoto (UNC)

Pat Connaughton (ND)

Christmas and Tokoto excelled in the scrimmages, Booker did well in the drills and shot lights out and white boy Conaughton had the hightest vertical at the camp (44 inches). Dude can hop and is sneaky athletic. All four improved their draft stock.

As a Timberwolf fan, I want NOTHING to do with WC-S. Dude is another Hasheem Thabeet.

Who? :dunno:

Cauley Stein is a low character guy and i don't expect anything from him...

Kaminsky is Kelly Olynyk with a little better shooting range.

Bottom line is this draft class is very weak. I don't see any franchise stars here.. THe smart move is to trade down or trade for future picks.

Yes, there is a game tonight...not sure if its a halftime though. :dunno:

9:00 PM EST tip off. Houston at Golden St

Draft lottery is 8:30 PM EST.

I would laugh if the 6ers end up with 3 lottery picks here and use them.

Russell is best In draft

Timberwolves haven't fared well on lotteries. :thumbsdown:

I think this draft is pretty solid at the top with KAT, Okafor and Russell. All three have the potential to be future all stars.

I also really like the trio of players in the 4-8 range of many big boards: Winslow, Hezonja and Porzingis. I don't see a stud there but I think all three can be quality starters. Maybe Stanley Johnson, Mudiay and WCS crack that tier for me.

Beyond the top 10 I see upside guys and role players. Just like every draft. Seems like an average class to me.

KAT. IMO is the best in the draft imo but I am biased. I do not think k Russell is the best pg Mudiay is and maybe would be th #1 if in college. Towns and oak are the top 2 the next 3 will be russel, mudiay, and theeuro sf ... 8n some order.

Knicks drop to 4, which means that I suffered through that horrendous season for pretty much no reason. Either of the to two centers would have been perfect, and I would have even lived with Russell at 3. Sigh.

Charlotte wish list @ 9:

Justise Winslow

Stanley Johnson

Devin Booker

We need shooting/scoring

Welcome to Philly, Dangelo Russell. :thumbsup:

He should have a good 2 year run there :P

I think the Lakers want Okafor and are hoping the t wolves take KAT. Not sure who the wolves take but it will be a big man. They have levine and wiggins. Ad a back to the basket, fundamental big to be mentored by KG... I'd take okafor personally But i think they take KAT

Knicks? Is there a PG worth 4? I guess Mudaiy..can go with a foreign player with the knicks track record there?

Welcome to Philly, Dangelo Russell. :thumbsup:

I think that is a possibility.

The far more likely scenario is that Hinkie finds a trade partner within the middle of the lottery and moves down to select Mudiay, Porzingis, or Hezonja. It's just a bad idea to draft a hybrid guard at #3. Too high. You don't draft to fill a need. You draft best player available. Russell isn't that.

The far more likely scenario is that Hinkie finds a trade partner within the middle of the lottery and moves down to select Mudiay, Porzingis, or Hezonja. It's just a bad idea to draft a hybrid guard at #3. Too high. You don't draft to fill a need. You draft best player available. Russell isn't that.

Good.chance Russell ends up bing the vest in this class. Mark it down

Wow you've learned a lot in your 12 months of watching basketball.

Stick to superhero movies.

Updated KSB Mock Draft

1. Minny - Karl Anthony Towns

2. LAL - Jahil Okafor

3. Sixers - D'Angelo Russell

4. NYK - Justise Winslow

5. Magic - Willie Caulie-Stien

6. Kings - Emanuel Mudiay

7. Nuggets - Mario Hezijona

8. Pistons - Kristaps Porzingis

9. Hornets - Stanley Johnson

10. Heat - Kelly Oubre

11. Pacers - Frank Kaminsky

12. Jazz - Myles Turner

13. Suns - Devin Booker

14. Thunder - Cameron Payne

I think Phil Jackson goes after Winslow over the the Euro's and Mudiay.

Wow you've learned a lot in your 12 months of watching basketball.

Stick to superhero movies.

When you gamble on sports, you tend to do a lot of research and watch a lot of games. Just because I've not rooted for any team other than the Seahawks up until now does not make me ill informed. Just selective. Your limp wristed, half hearted fandom has been noted.

Good.chance Russell ends up bing the vest in this class. Mark it down

It's possible. The problem is Hinkie's front office is air tight. They do not leak anything. Since so many people, including local beat writers, are linking Russell to the Sixers...this is the typical misdirection we've come to expect. Just based on past precedent, I don't think Russell will be the guy.

The only thing certain is Hinkie will make a sh!tload of moves on draft day.

When you gamble on sports, you tend to do a lot of research and watch a lot of games. Just because I've not rooted for any team other than the Seahawks up until now does not make me ill informed. Just selective. Your limp wristed, half hearted fandom has been noted.

Bandwagoners are always the biggest blowhards who repeat their recycled ideas the loudest. It's great that you've discovered the Sixers but I've been here 25 years and nobody else gives a ch1t.

Bandwagoners are always the biggest blowhards who repeat their recycled ideas the loudest. It's great that you've discovered the Sixers but I've been here 25 years and nobody else gives a ch1t.

Menopause?

I would like Russell at 3 assuming KAT is off the board but I suspect Hinkie is enticed by Mudiay's athleticism. It seems sort of odd to me to trade MCW because he's a terrible shooter only to draft a bad shooter at 3 overall but I have a feeling that is what we end up doing.

Either that or deal down to collect more picks. I would be fine with that is the pick is Winslow. At worst you get a lockdown wing defender, Igoudala with more offensive potential.

Of the rest I'm intrigued by Hezonja but he plays weak D and that doesn't seem like a fit. This isn't a great draft. I think you stay out and draft BPA, that is Russell.

It's possible. The problem is Hinkie's front office is air tight. They do not leak anything. Since so many people, including local beat writers, are linking Russell to the Sixers...this is the typical misdirection we've come to expect. Just based on past precedent, I don't think Russell will be the guy.

The only thing certain is Hinkie will make a sh!tload of moves on draft day.

Oh I'm not saying it's in stone that Philly drafts Russell I'm just saying he may prove to be the best player in this draft class.

You said you don't take need you take BPA and that Russell wasn't BPA. I disagree

Oh I'm not saying it's in stone that Philly drafts Russell I'm just saying he may prove to be the best player in this draft class.

You said you don't take need you take BPA and that Russell wasn't BPA. I disagree

Teams in the high lottery should take BPA. It is funny to me though that Sixer fans aren't even considering Okafor, who nearly every scout ranks as a better prospect than Russell, solely over fit.

I have my doubts as to whether Russell will ever become a top scorer but at worst I think he will be an elite passer / pure distributor who can shoot some and for that reason I've got him over Mudiay and anybody else at 3.

Teams in the high lottery should take BPA. It is funny to me though that Sixer fans aren't even considering Okafor, who nearly every scout ranks as a better prospect than Russell, solely over fit.

I have my doubts as to whether Russell will ever become a top scorer but at worst I think he will be an elite passer / pure distributor who can shoot some and for that reason I've got him over Mudiay and anybody else at 3.

the thing with the NBA is that no one knows who BPA is, especially in this draft. there are people who argue a clear cut top 2, top 3, top 6. and unlike the NFL where rosters churn at such a high rate (Jets this year are a perfect example... they got who many thought was the best overall player in the draft and certainly the BPA at 6 but it wasn't a need for them.... only you can never have enough good players at any position in the NFL and they can all rotate and stay fresh plus Wilkerson has 1 year left....), basketball teams tend to try and keep their cores together (unless you're tanking ala sixers and others) and rosters are smaller so you really want a combination of BPA and need.

lets say, hypothetically that Okafor and Russell are there at 3 (not going to happen). If Okafor was Patrick Ewing, the sixers should draft Okafor despite having Noel and Embiid because hed be as close to a sure thing as you're going to get.... but Okafor might be the 4th or 5th best player in the draft and Russell might be the best, so you SHOULD take Russell because your supposed front court of the future is already set. You NEED a playmaker.

I may be alone here but I am not that impressed with Oakafor - while he is the best in the class as far as an inside offensive game ... he has no jumper, a horrible foul shooter , and suspect on defense. KAT - is really good inside as well - but has a nice jumper , a good foul shooter , and one of the best defenders in the draft other than maybe Winslow. I don't even think it's that close between KAT and Oakafor as far as the number 1 pick.

While I like Russel I think Mudiay is the better PG but he close to play in China instead of college so he wasn't seen like Russel was. As a UK fan I can say the other 3 lottery picks we got projected ... good luck - I wouldn't take any of them outside the bottom of round 1. WCS - at best he is a poor mans Nerlens Noel -- he plays with a lack of focus , has NO offense , and prone to foul trouble. Trey Lyes - he could become good but he doesn't have it yet. He had some good games last year but was way to passive in the offense. Devin Booker - a GREAT shooter -- WHEN there was little pressure on him to perform or he was wide open - I don't think he is a pressure player at all. IMO any UK player not named Karl Anthony Towns is highly over valued - as there are a lot of players prjected Much later I think are a lot better.

as for KAT he is the best player to enter the draft since AD

As a Knick im 1000% ok with the 4th pick. If it goes to form...Towns, Okafor, Russell....Mudiay is who I want anyway. Kid can play.

I like Russell, and while smooth, isn't terribly quick...IMO some of the things he got away with in college he won't do in the NBA.

I wouldn't be surprised if the pick is traded. Have Melo, have tons of cap room to sign a stud, trade the 4th pick for a veteran, upper level player...with Hardaway JR...its at least a competitive team. Maybe?

Just remembered Julius Randle is coming back for LA. Okafor and Randle front court is nice. Kobe may have one more playoff run left.