Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

Idea for social security

Lets put the senior citizens in prison...tvs, gyms..three squares a day, free health care...

Put a fence around manhatten...for the prisoners

Lets put the senior citizens in prison...tvs, gyms..three squares a day, free health care...

Put a fence around manhatten...for the prisoners

Escape from New York.

Another idea is you don't get SS if you didn't pay into it. :dunno:

That would be sweet for a widowed homemaker. :thumbsup:

Bootstrap yourself up granny. :thumbsdown:

Another idea is you don't get SS if you didn't pay into it. :dunno:

That's a great idea. Then people who don't pay into it can be left to die on the streets in their old age. As I pass them by in my car I will cackle at them and say "bet you wish you had worked more now!" :thumbsup:

Raise the age a hair and maybe some means testing. :dunno:

If I had a time machine I think we'd choose something different than a Ponzi scheme though.

• Like 1

That's a great idea. Then people who don't pay into it can be left to die on the streets in their old age. As I pass them by in my car I will cackle at them and say "but you wish you had worked more now!" :thumbsup:

I wouldn't cackle or taunt them. I'm too nice for that.

Raise the age a hair and maybe some means testing. :dunno:

If I had a time machine I think we'd choose something different than a Ponzi scheme though.

How is it a Ponzi scheme? What would you have chosen differently?

I wouldn't cackle or taunt them. I'm too nice for that.

You live in China, it doesn't matter to you if the elderly on dying on the streets of America

You live in China, it doesn't matter to you if the elderly on dying on the streets of America

Watching/avoiding the slowly unwinding fiscal collapse of the US due in large part to poorly designed programs like this is part of the reason I'm in China. And China has it right ... they should have had kids and/or they should have worked and they wouldn't have these problems.

Sometimes you have to be a d*ck. This is money that these leeches are sucking out of your income today and yet when you retire, it won't be available for you because the system is broke and will run out of cash in twenty years.

Stand up for your generation, the old people with their hands in your pockets are totally focking your generation and mine enough as is. Student loans, borrowing to buy a house and car, bottom of the income ladder, you're in a hole. Then you have the old fockers with their hands in your pockets too. So you put off having kids but pay for irresponsible fockers to have them... that's how it goes.

My plan would be to treat SS payroll like a flat tax and uncap the contribution. If that's not enough to balance the ledger than raise the age you can begin taking benefits. I'm guessing that wouldn't be necessary though.

My plan would be to treat SS payroll like a flat tax and uncap the contribution. If that's not enough to balance the ledger than raise the age you can begin taking benefits. I'm guessing that wouldn't be necessary though.

Do you uncap the maximum you get back too? There are two parts to SS. The amount you put in and then the calculation of the amount you get out.

SS is theoretically a govt mandated and controlled retirement fund. Of which poor people get back more than they put in and the rich get back less than they put in. While the contribution itself is flat at 6.2, the payout is progressive.

Just raise the age a bit as we live longer now, maybe up the maximum contribution to 250k, and then add some means testing.

That would do the trick, you could prolly lower the rate to 5%

Do you uncap the maximum you get back too? There are two parts to SS. The amount you put in and then the calculation of the amount you get out.

SS is theoretically a govt mandated and controlled retirement fund. Of which poor people get back more than they put in and the rich get back less than they put in. While the contribution itself is flat at 6.2, the payout is progressive.

To answer your question, no. Or at least you cap all benefits the same. I think SS payroll operates essentially as a tax and given all the variables there's no guarantee someone of lesser or higher earning will get more out of the system than they put in it. Just like everything else we pay for.

How about congress just pays back what it owes to the fund and they leave it alone from now on? And get the leeches off of disability.

But I don't get to watch old people die in the streets under your plan :dunno:

Let her have her ex-husband's contributions.

Otherwise, you don't pay in, you don't get SS. Fock off and die in the street.