No. 4 Maryland at No. 2 North Carolina ~ ~ Prediction: UMD 64 - UNC 74

No. 5 Virginia at Ohio State ~ ~ Prediction: UVA 88 - Ohio St 60

Michigan at NC State ~ Prediction: Michigan 58 - NC St 64

Purdue at Pittsburgh~ Prediction: Purdue 62 - Pitt 60

Northwestern at Virginia Tech ~ Prediction: Nwestrn 68 - Va tech 70

Miami (Fla.) at Nebraska~ Prediction: Miami 82 - Nebraska 80

Wednesday, Dec. 2
No. 14 Indiana at No. 7 Duke ~ Prediction: Indiana 84 - Dook 96

No. 21 Louisville at No. 12 Michigan State~ Prediction: Lousiville 70 - Mich St 69

No. 13 Notre Dame at Illinois~ Prediction: Notre Dame 78 - Illinois 76

No. 25 Wisconsin at Syracuse~ Prediction: Wisconsin 68 - Cuse 66

Florida State at Iowa~ Prediction: Fla St 74 - Iowa 66

Penn State at Boston College~ Prediction: Penn St 58 - BC 77

Not much to get excited about, I guess Mich St and Lousiville, maybe UMD and UNC, the rest are meh.

ACC may win it this year.. I'm sure that f they do, you will puff out your chest.

Given that I have no horse within the ACC, I won't puff it out too much, except for the outcome of good basketball winning out, and for that we all win.

I haven't paid much attention yet this year. Wisconsin is really young though. I do see they lost an easy one and have turned the ball over a lot.

I haven't paid much attention yet this year. Wisconsin is really young though. I do see they lost an easy one and have turned the ball over a lot.

They are young, Bo Ryan will need some time to work on that. Cuse is talented, but raw and prone to mistakes. Boeheim is still suspended and Hopkins is no Boeheim; how sad is it that this guy lowered himself into the realm of Calipari and Calhoun?

If Wisc can keep Tyler Lydon from gashing them I think this is a tight contest, but the players who could legitimately defend (without fouling) are gone now, so the real question for the Badgers is can they play clean ball and still defend?

1. Minnesota----W

2. Wake Forest----W

3. Maryland-------L

4. Virginia-----W

5. Michigan-----W

6. Purdue-----W

7. Northwestern-----W

8. Miami-------W

9. Duke-----W

10. Michigan St.-----W

11. Notre Dame------W

12. Wisconsin----W

13. Iowa-----W

14. Boston College-----L

Big 8

ACC 6

Ray predicts a 12-2 ACC victory, mocks fans of Big Ten schools as conference homers.

Conference homers, I think there was one guy who might fit that nomer (donhass) but to my knowledge no other poster would fit the label of conference homer. Homerism is something I would apply to a Pat's fan, if the Pat's are winning.

Actual Result: Minnesota 89 - Clemson 83

Actual Result: Wake 69 - Rutgers 68

Minnesota has a really good player in Jordan Murphy, he was a big time difference in this game and the main reason Minnesota stole the game away from Clemson. One can only hope they continue to let him play his game and do not compel him to devolve into something less and into that Big 10 style. If left to play good ball that kid is going to be something special. I knew the Gophers lacked defense, but with Murphy in the mix I felt that their offense overall really improved.

The big game tonight is UMD against UNC. Maryland is overrated due to being in the Big 10 and is not likely to beat a quality ACC team like the Tarheels. Terps are still figuring themselves out, and have not yet shown that distinct ACC style that led them to so much success last year, if the terps find that and use it, then its more of an even match and they pull out the win.

The rest of the games are rather bland, though Virginia and OH st might be fun to watch.

Marcus Paige is a full go tonight for the Heels. It will be his first game this season. We'll see how it goes. Should be a good one. :pointstosky:

Marcus Paige is a full go tonight for the Heels. It will be his first game this season. We'll see how it goes. Should be a good one. :pointstosky:

He is a helluva baller, not sure if he will be able to bear a full game load or not, hopefully he is recovered and not rushing it back.....no need to get hurt this early and what not. Hopefully it is a good game.

I did not realize RLLD was actually retarded when he suggested mm losing twice on opening night. It's 3-1 big 10 now and Purdue is up by 14. F the retard.

Who did the Rutgers brass blow to get into the BIG? That athletic program is a mess.

I know they want the exposure in those markets and all for the network...and I guess there is probably something academically to get into the research stuff the BIG does...but from a sports program perspective...they will just be cannon fodder for the BIG.

Rutgers was brought in for three reasons.

1. The Market.

2. The Market.

3. Football.

Rutgers wasn't bad when Schiano was coaching. They could get back to respectability with a good coach. There's also the whole CIC academic thing. I like Rutgers in, it made sense.

Rutgers was brought in for three reasons.

1. The Market.

2. The Market.

3. Football.

Rutgers wasn't bad when Schiano was coaching. They could get back to respectability with a good coach. There's also the whole CIC academic thing. I like Rutgers in, it made sense.

I get the market...but how much does that matter...how many Rutgers people are there...are they really watching. Is it bringing anyone else in?

Or is it more...lets get in this market....so schools like OSU, Wisconsin, Michigan, Michigan State can all recruit and sell to recruits in that market?

Rutgers wasn't bad...its more that they are a mess from top to bottom right now.

And I mentioned the CIC thing and I honestly don't know much about Rutgers academically and what they bring to the table in that.

The CIC is huge and a part that many don't understand about why teams want in to the BIG.

I don't know much about their academics either. My guess, and only a guess, was they wanted in the New York/Jersey market. Advertising, exposure, recruiting and money. Jim Delany is a pretty smart guy and a great commissioner. I'd bet my life it was a big financial gain for the BIG. Rutgers will turn it around.....maybe.

• Like 1

I did not realize RLLD was actually retarded when he suggested mm losing twice on opening night. It's 3-1 big 10 now and Purdue is up by 14. F the retard.

How you doin?

I've met you both. You both seem nice :dunno:

BIG win for Wisconsin. ..quite unexpected.

Odd how supposedly any middling ACC team was suposed to be able yo take out the top Big teams...yet a UW team that has lost yo Western Ill, Georgetown and Oklahoma just took out Cuse.

BIG win for Wisconsin. ..quite unexpected.

Odd how supposedly any middling ACC team was suposed to be able yo take out the top Big teams...yet a UW team that has lost yo Western Ill, Georgetown and Oklahoma just took out Cuse.

I was pulling for WI last year in the tourney but I lost respect for their coach after his god awful whiney press conference following their loss.

Monday, Nov. 30

Clemson at Minnesota ~ Prediction: Clemson 72 - Minnesota 60 FINAL: Minnesota 89 - Clemson 83

Wake Forest at Rutgers ~ Prediction: Wake 68 - Minnesota 62 FINAL: Wake Forest 69 - Rutgers 68

Tuesday, Dec. 1

No. 4 Maryland at No. 2 North Carolina ~ ~ Prediction: UMD 64 - UNC 74 FINAL: North Carolina 89 - Maryland 81

No. 5 Virginia at Ohio State ~ ~ Prediction: UVA 88 - Ohio St 60 FINAL: Virginia 64 - Ohio State 58

Michigan at NC State ~ Prediction: Michigan 58 - NC St 64 FINAL: Michigan 66 - NC State 59

Purdue at Pittsburgh~ Prediction: Purdue 62 - Pitt 60 FINAL: Purdue 72 - Pittsburgh 59

Northwestern at Virginia Tech ~ Prediction: Nwestrn 68 - Va tech 70 FINAL: Northwestern 81 - Virginia Tech 79 (OT)

Miami (Fla.) at Nebraska~ Prediction: Miami 82 - Nebraska 80 FINAL: Miami 77 - Nebraska 72 (OT)

Wednesday, Dec. 2

No. 14 Indiana at No. 7 Duke ~ Prediction: Indiana 84 - Dook 96 FINAL: Duke 94 - Indiana 74

No. 21 Louisville at No. 12 Michigan State~ Prediction: Lousiville 70 - Mich St 69 FINAL: Michigan State 71 - Louisville 67

No. 13 Notre Dame at Illinois~ Prediction: Notre Dame 78 - Illinois 76 FINAL: Notre Dame 74 - Illinois 69

No. 25 Wisconsin at Syracuse~ Prediction: Wisconsin 68 - Cuse 66 FINAL: Wisconsin 66 - Syracuse 58 (OT)

Florida State at Iowa~ Prediction: Fla St 74 - Iowa 66 FINAL: Iowa 78 - Florida St 75 (OT)

Penn State at Boston College~ Prediction: Penn St 58 - BC 77 FINAL: Penn State 67 - Boston College 58

Not much to get excited about, I guess Mich St and Lousiville, maybe UMD and UNC, the rest are meh.

So close.

1. Minnesota----W

2. Wake Forest----W

3. Maryland-------L

4. Virginia-----W

5. Michigan-----W

6. Purdue-----W

7. Northwestern-----W

8. Miami-------W

9. Duke-----W

10. Michigan St.-----W

11. Notre Dame------W

12. Wisconsin----W

13. Iowa-----W

14. Boston College-----L

Big 8

ACC 6

I'm no RLLD, but not bad.

And Indiana gets blown out.

Over/under on how long til Crean gets fired?

That was a beat down against a very overrated Duke team.. Could get interesting but, I won't hold my breath. The rumblings around here have been going on for years.