Sign in to follow this  
Cdub100

Does Anyone Else Go RVing?

I'm in the market for a travel trailer bunk house.

At your age? Might as well be a coffin. :)

I'm not that lucky.

My wife's mom and step dad do a lot. They just got a new one that's got a dam nicer kitchen and bathroom than most house store. Been with them a couple of times. It's fun if you're at the right place but there aren't many good places in Nebraska.

On another note, there's a married couple down the road from us that don't have a house. They have a small strip of land that has an RV hookup, a mailbox, and a little shed. They park their truck and their RV in the spot and use it as a home. They travel all over the US aim their RV and just come "home" for a small period of time before leaving to go to another destination. It's an interesting way to live your retired years. I love to travel so I've considered it

My wife's mom and step dad do a lot. They just got a new one that's got a dam nicer kitchen and bathroom than most house store. Been with them a couple of times. It's fun if you're at the right place but there aren't many good places in Nebraska.

On another note, there's a married couple down the road from us that don't have a house. They have a small strip of land that has an RV hookup, a mailbox, and a little shed. They park their truck and their RV in the spot and use it as a home. They travel all over the US aim their RV and just come "home" for a small period of time before leaving to go to another destination. It's an interesting way to live your retired years. I love to travel so I've considered it

There are more people who full time than I realized. Mainly web developers and programmers who don't need to be in a office. It's something I would love to do but I don't think the family could handle it.

There are a crap ton of youtubers who post their experiences. Lately I've been watching Keep Your Day Dream https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEhJLsShZt8McryMf_DHLZQ

I would use it for weekend trips and maybe a 1 or 2 of longer trips too.

I've got a 2013 346 Qbud hemisphere for sale. 3 slides. 2 baths. Bunkhouse. Outdoor kitchen. Paid 38K four years ago. Would sell for 25K. I've got a seasonal site now and looking at a destination trailer.

I've got a 2013 346 Qbud hemisphere for sale. 3 slides. 2 baths. Bunkhouse. Outdoor kitchen. Paid 38K four years ago. Would sell for 25K. I've got a seasonal site now and looking at a destination trailer.

Is that a 5th wheel?

Is that a 5th wheel?

Yeah it is. Pulls like a dream.

Yeah it is. Pulls like a dream.

I hear 5th wheels are the best for pulling.looks super nice from what I can see on the internet.

I hope it doesn't work out for you.

I hope it doesn't work out for you.

Not sure how it can't. I can afford to trade it in, I just don't like what they're offering. Hell, I could have both if I wanted.

Now go suck newbies d1ck like the good cack sucker you are.

I hear 5th wheels are the best for pulling.looks super nice from what I can see on the internet.

Spent two years looking and going to rv shows. DuckStupid from the bored here had one so I looked into it and bought a new one sight unseen. Love the camper, but I really want a full size fridge and I'm going to build a deck so I need the camper I'll have for the next ten years.

Spent two years looking and going to rv shows. DuckStupid from the bored here had one so I looked into it and bought a new one sight unseen. Love the camper, but I really want a full size fridge and I'm going to build a deck so I need the camper I'll have for the next ten years.

I've been looking off and on. I'd rather a vacation home but an RV would be good too.

Not sure how it can't. I can afford to trade it in, I just don't like what they're offering. Hell, I could have both if I wanted.

Now go suck newbies d1ck like the good cack sucker you are.

Maybe it will. I just hope it doesn't. I can always hope.

RV's are for peasants. I assumed all geeks had a gulfstream.

Seriously though, I don't think they exist here. A couple friends of mine thought it would be fun to rent one, and go on a road trip through china.

However after asking around, nobody has any idea what we are talking about. Only ones I've seen are the ones the cops use at the mall (office and rumor has it a holding cell)

Maybe it will. I just hope it doesn't. I can always hope.

Just like you hope the University of Maryland is attacked by terrorists?

Just like you hope the University of Maryland is attacked by terrorists?

Not exactly what I said, but go ahead and have fun.

Not exactly what I said, but go ahead and have fun.

You said if there was another attack you hoped it was there. Because you disagreed with their opinions.

:thumbsdown:

You said if there was another attack you hoped it was there. Because you disagreed with their opinions.

:thumbsdown:

Stil not exact, but you're getting close. I do not wish a terrorist attack on anyone. HTH

RV's are for peasants. I assumed all geeks had a gulfstream.

Seriously though, I don't think they exist here. A couple friends of mine thought it would be fun to rent one, and go on a road trip through china.

However after asking around, nobody has any idea what we are talking about. Only ones I've seen are the ones the cops use at the mall (office and rumor has it a holding cell)

Weren't you looking to start a biz in China? You could be first to market.

Here's the one I'm looking at now. I'd keep this in one spot.

I'm willing to pay for something like this:

I have all my teeth, so no.

I have all my teeth, so no.

I had all my wisdom teeth taken out does that count?

My fishing partner bought a 5 year old Springdale a couple years back for $10,000. We take to Stuart, FL for our semi-annual fishing trips; used to stay at hotels. The RV is wayyyyyyy better. Got a master bed, with couch and table creating 2 more beds. A/C keeps it cool even in dead FL summer. Park is cheap, quiet, wide open, and has restrooms. And there's a boat ramp in the park near our fishing spot.

I couldn't justify buying one, but I see why people like them. Nobody likes spending time in a hotel room. Much better to have an RV along with a huge grass lot to chill out, get fishing gear ready, bar-b-q, etc.

My fishing partner bought a 5 year old Springdale a couple years back for $10,000. We take to Stuart, FL for our semi-annual fishing trips; used to stay at hotels. The RV is wayyyyyyy better. Got a master bed, with couch and table creating 2 more beds. A/C keeps it cool even in dead FL summer. Park is cheap, quiet, wide open, and has restrooms. And there's a boat ramp in the park near our fishing spot.

I couldn't justify buying one, but I see why people like them. Nobody likes spending time in a hotel room. Much better to have an RV along with a huge grass lot to chill out, get fishing gear ready, bar-b-q, etc.

:thumbsup:

That's what I'm thinking. Plus I have two kids who I think would love it.