Sign in to follow this  
Larry smackahoe Johnson

Vince Young

Guest Karim Abdul-Jabbar

OVER-RATED.

He is no better than Reggie McNeill IMHO.

he looks very promising.  Seems like he can beat defenses with both his feet and his arm.  what do you think his NFL career outlook will be?

potential, but that comparison is ridiculous at this point. young's not even close to as quick/fast as vick (but who is), and vick's got a better arm

Actually, the next "Vick" may well be his brother, Marcus. Despite the 3 INTs the other night, the guy is WAY more accurate than either Michael or Vince, still has a great arm, and can run like the wind.

He's only started like 7 games in his career, but looks like he'll be really really good. Just needs experience.

Wonder if he'll go pro this year, or play out his senior season.

Would be interesting to have two sets of brothers playing QB in the NFL (Mannings, Vicks).

Vince Young might be more of the next culpepper than he is the next vick. Vick is much more of a threat on the ground.

And I think Marcus vick will play out his senior year. He needs to prove himself more and get more game time experience. Plus why would he for go his senior year when theres so much partying left to be done.

More like a Randall Cunningham than Mike Vick.

:wub:

Guest Karim Abdul-Jabbar

Marcus Vick is over-rated as well. He is no better than Reggie McNeill

and sorry fellas...

Omar Jacobs is the next CULP

Actually, the next "Vick" may well be his brother, Marcus. Despite the 3 INTs the other night, the guy is WAY more accurate than either Michael or Vince, still has a great arm, and can run like the wind.

He's only started like 7 games in his career, but looks like he'll be really really good. Just needs experience.

Wonder if he'll go pro this year, or play out his senior season.

Would be interesting to have two sets of brothers playing QB in the NFL (Mannings, Vicks).

Yeah, one set of brothers does really well (Mannings) and the others just run around alot (Vicks)....

:lol:

I totally agree with this. I think Young will be better than Vick. Vick is completly one dimensional. He can throw, probably as far as any other QB in the NFL but he has no accuracy. Young has accuracy. I think he needs one more year of college though to fine tune his skills. He is still a little raw. No way anyone tries to make him a DB or WR though, he has way too much talent for that.

I don't think many of you who have posted here have actually seen him play. He is just as fast as Vick, to what ever jack ass said that, and he is no where near the size of Culpepper to the other jackass. Comparing him to either of them just shows you haven't actually watched him play in a game.

The one thing Young does is he sees the field. He has a great eye for making plays. He is a great leader and he takes charge and puts the team on his back when they need him. He can pass when he needs to, look at last week, and he can run when he needs to.

Guest matuski

Did this title say Vince Young can pass? Can someone confirm that is what I read? Can't be right....

Did this title say Vince Young can pass? Can someone confirm that is what I read? Can't be right....

Yet another jackass that talks about something without actually witnessing what is going on. Have you seen Texas play? Really have you? Vince Young passes well, really well he just has a dominant running game with J. Charles and himself. When he needs to pass he is accurate and can light it up. YOu have obviously not watched him play this season. Thanks for your commentary on a subject you know nothing about. :banana:

Vince Young 93/138 for 1357 yards 12 TD

Reggie McNeal 76/142 1317 yards 11 TD

(Against power house teams like Texas State, SMU, Baylor, Clemson, etc)

Matt Lienart 125/195 for 1947 Yards 12 Touchdowns

Vince Young has just as many TD passes with far less attempts than even Matt Lienart. :banana:

he looks very promising. Seems like he can beat defenses with both his feet and his arm. what do you think his NFL career outlook will be?

Kinda focked up.

Kinda focked up.

you are waaaay too bored banana boy...

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Tres bananas TM of Kutulu

30 wins

17 losses

as an NFL QB

No doubt he seems to end up on the winning side often...that's part of the focked up thing about him.

No doubt he seems to end up on the winning side often...that's part of the focked up thing about him.

Some team out there is going to take a chance on Young. I just hope Tennessee gets a draft pick for the guy, instead of flat out releasing him.

Then again, Fisher is gone and Kerry Collins is horrible. Just keep the guy :doublethumbsup:

I think he could bring the Party Boat back to Minneapolis!

Except it would be all dudes. :thumbsdown:

Question is, does Vince Young have the willingness to lead, succeed and cast out the demons of his past.

I am not familiar with the Titans and the coaching/culture there. But it obviously didn't work.

Vince has to be willing to work through bad situations. Make the most of them. Excel in them.

Lots has been made of Randy Moss. Some say he would quit on his team, etc. As a Vikes fan, I saw more a frustration with a QB (culpepper) than quit.

Young however has quit. Whether quit his team mates or the coach, I don't know.

My perception of his situation is he is not much unlike Kobe Bryant. Not really personable with his team mates. Maybe I am wrong there, but is the perception as I see it.

I would love to see Young re establish himself. I really would.

But I don't think the Vikes are in a position to rely on him as a starter. If they draft a Franchise QB this year, I am not certain he is the role model either. Who knows.

I have little doubt he will catch on somewhere as a starter, and then we will see pretty quick what he is all about when in a new system

I'll say this: he will be a upgrade to more than 1/2 the teams in the league at the qb as far as pure talent. now the question remains does he have the work ethic and comunication skills to get the job done..

I have little doubt he will catch on somewhere as a starter, and then we will see pretty quick what he is all about when in a new system

I'll say this: he will be a upgrade to more than 1/2 the teams in the league at the qb as far as pure talent. now the question remains does he have the work ethic and comunication skills to get the job done..

No, that is not a question. As a Titans fan who listens to talk radio daily, the guy is just a punk. Strong arm, weak head, strong legs, weak heart. He would be a decent #2 perhaps, but as a starter, you will always be a mediocre 1st round playoff loser at best.

No, that is not a question. As a Titans fan who listens to talk radio daily, the guy is just a punk. Strong arm, weak head, strong legs, weak heart. He would be a decent #2 perhaps, but as a starter, you will always be a mediocre 1st round playoff loser at best.

All I was saying is he is a upgrade to 1/3rd of the league, agreed he doesn't have what it takes to win championships but there are so many teams that are no where close that he will get his chance to prove if it was him or the system all along... I am sure there is max 8 QB's out there with the swagger and talent to win a championship and those teams are always in contention.. I would think the bottom feeders in the nfl (fans and owners) would LOVE it if they had a guy that could lead them to a 9-7 maybe 10-6 record and first round playoff game/loss

All I was saying is he is a upgrade to 1/3rd of the league, agreed he doesn't have what it takes to win championships but there are so many teams that are no where close that he will get his chance to prove if it was him or the system all along... I am sure there is max 8 QB's out there with the swagger and talent to win a championship and those teams are always in contention.. I would think the bottom feeders in the nfl (fans and owners) would LOVE it if they had a guy that could lead them to a 9-7 maybe 10-6 record and first round playoff game/loss

Sure, but keep in mind, for much of his tenure in Tennessee, they had a GREAT O line, A Good to Elite level defense, and one of the top 2 or three backs in the league. And 9-7 8-8 was still the norm for him.

Put him on a team with less overall talent, and he will whine and cry and be a locker room cancer. Just like he was here.

LOL. All this Vince Young talk didn't really pan out, did it? People be cray cray sometimes. Unbelievable.

What a strange bump...