Sign in to follow this  
drobeski

The religion of peace strikes again

Is that a poll showing the majority of mooslims condemned this act, or is it just a story about some of the other terrorists trying to distance themselves from it?

The answer would be the latter...............................keep trying. :thumbsup:

Strange, Kathmandu is in Nepal (and also a great Bob Segar song).

Is that a poll showing the majority of mooslims condemned this act, or is it just a story about some of the other terrorists trying to distance themselves from it?

The answer would be the latter...............................keep trying. :thumbsup:

You'd asked two question, the first being 'what do you base this on'? At that point the link was provided that their twin organization across the border had condemned them.

You'd asked two question, the first being 'what do you base this on'? At that point the link was provided that their twin organization across the border had condemned them.

Yes, I did ask two questions.

Your link didn't come close to showing the "majority" of Islam condemning such acts. :dunno:

Your link didn't come close to showing the "majority" of Islam condemning such acts. :dunno:

My link, and I didn't claim to believe it was a majority... sorry man, I know you have trouble keeping all of your aliases straight, but try to keep up with who the rest of the posters are here. It's not difficult, there's a name listed right there to the left on each post. :music_guitarred:

The Afghanistan Taliban condemns the killings and 99% of Muslims are less prone to solving problems through violence than the Afghanistan Taliban. :dunno:

Al-Qaeda getting in on the act as well...

Al-Qaeda's regional branch on Sunday said its hearts were "bursting with pain" over the Taliban's massacre at a Pakistan school and urged the militants to target only security forces.

The attack on Tuesday killed 149 people -- mostly children -- in the northwestern Pakistani city of Peshawar.

"Our hearts are bursting with pain and grief over this incident," Osama Mehmood, spokesman for Al-Qaeda South Asia chapter said in a four-page emailed statement.

"There is no doubt that the list of crimes and atrocities of the Pakistani army has crossed the limit and it is true that this army is ahead of everyone in America's slavery and genocide of Muslims... but it does not mean that we should seek revenge from oppressed Muslims," Mehmood said.

"The guns that we have taken up against Allah's enemy America and its pet rulers and slave army should not be aimed towards children, women and our Muslim people," he added.

Al-Qaeda chief Ayman al-Zawahiri announced the creation of the new South Asia branch in September to "wage jihad" in Myanmar, Bangladesh and India.

The Afghan Taliban, who are loosely affiliated with Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), have also condemned the attack, saying killing innocent children was against Islam.

Pakistan described the bloody rampage as its own "mini 9/11", saying it was a game changer in its fight against terror.

The army has been waging a major offensive against longstanding Taliban and other militant strongholds in the restive tribal areas on the Afghan border for the last six months.

http://news.yahoo.com/al-qaeda-bursting-pain-over-pakistan-school-attack-112931366.html

Talk about sh1tting the bed. It's hard to imagine the Pakistani military not finally taking them seriously. What an unforced error, they left their allies in government out to dry, this can't be swept under the rug.

Your opponent doesn't have to be a signatory - we don't have treaties with North Korea either but I think even the pro-torture crowd would agree that we would be prohibited from torturing their soldiers in the event of a war.

If your point is that al Qaeda and ISIS aren't nations, well I don't really see how that means we can go ahead and torture them. What is the difference? How come we can't torture them if they put on a uniform with a recognized national symbol but we can as soon as they shed that uniform? It is and always has been a specious argument.

Have you heard of the Geneva Convention?

The uninformed left strikes again.

Have you heard of the Geneva Convention?

The uninformed left strikes again.

Yep, I've heard of the Geneva Conventions.

I've also heard of the 1994 Convention Against Torture.

I've also heard of 28 USC 2340A, which makes torture a federal crime.

So please tell me, how am I "uninformed"?

You've never had to face the business end of one of these people who are intent to kill you, or your men, and understood that facing these people takes something special. And that is fine, we need people like you, you represent hope that people such as myself actually fight and bleed for.

Maybe you should try reading them.

You've never had to face the business end of one of these people who are intent to kill you, or your men, and understood that facing these people takes something special. And that is fine, we need people like you, you represent hope that people such as myself actually fight and bleed for.

This is the fourth or fifth time in the recent past that you've mentioned your service as something that gives you some kind of superior reasoning position on these issues.

We get it, you served in the military. It's starting to sound arrogant. What, hasn't someone referred to you as a hero lately?

This is the fourth or fifth time in the recent past that you've mentioned your service as something that gives you some kind of superior reasoning position on these issues.

We get it, you served in the military. It's starting to sound arrogant. What, hasn't someone referred to you as a hero lately?

It was relevant to the discussion, if this bothers you then you have two choices; 1) ignore it and be happy that people exist who serve and 2) go serve and STFU. Sorry if that seems brusk, but your sense of inferiority need not be brought into the conversation because I chose to expound on it as a means to deliver my viewpoint.

Yes, i did serve, and yes it does provide a different view point. I think open discussion is good, if a someone served in the peace corps has a view point that i disagree with i do not assail it, it has value no matter how often they support their view point by referencing it, in fact it is useful as a tool to understand.

I support all view points, except when people like you attempt to suffocate them, that I do not support.

Maybe you should try reading them.

I have. Is there some ambiguity I'm not picking up on? The 1994 Convention, for example, specifically says there are no exceptions where torture is permitted. The federal statute is similarly clear.

I think maybe you are the one who is suffering from a misapprehension :dunno:

Weren't you required to observe the law, even when fighting an external threat?

It was relevant to the discussion, if this bothers you then you have two choices; 1) ignore it and be happy that people exist who serve and 2) go serve and STFU. Sorry if that seems brusk, but your sense of inferiority need not be brought into the conversation because I chose to expound on it as a means to deliver my viewpoint.

Yes, i did serve, and yes it does provide a different view point. I think open discussion is good, if a someone served in the peace corps has a view point that i disagree with i do not assail it, it has value no matter how often they support their view point by referencing it, in fact it is useful as a tool to understand.

I support all view points, except when people like you attempt to suffocate them, that I do not support.

I'm not suffocating anything. You keep saying things like "you haven't served so of course you don't understand." What an arrogant attitude.

If you think that's arrogant you should've seen the thread where RLLD started quoting Col. Jessep from "A Few Good Men" in response to my claim that torturing prisoners is maybe sort of dumb.

Thank you for having the courage to force puréed food up somebody's ass RLLD, the world needs more heroes like you. :thumbsup:

"served" < arrogant than "right side" from dweeb who's never served.

HTH

To me, agreement with Ray from you validates my opinion.

To me, agreement with Ray from you validates my opinion.

and your disagreement validated mine, common ground. :cheers:

Looks like Pakistan is learning how to deal with the problem.

Islamabad (AFP) - A Pakistani court has issued an arrest warrant for a hardline Islamic cleric who suggested the massacre of school children in country's worst ever terror attack was understandable, after he allegedly threatened people criticising him.

Maulana Abdul Aziz, the pro-Taliban cleric and head of the Red Mosque in capital Islamabad has been accused of threatening civil society activists, who this week staged several demonstrations outside the mosque, a police official and a spokesman for the mosque told AFP.

The protests were staged to denounce Aziz, who refused to condemn the massacre on a television talk-show.

Later Aziz effectively told worshippers the attack in Peshawar, which left around 150 people dead -- mainly children, was a justifiable reaction to the army's "un-Islamic" operation against militants in the North Waziristan tribal district.

"O rulers, O people in power, if you will commit such acts, there will be a reaction," he told worshippers in a sermon last week, prompting further protests accusing him of being a Taliban sympathiser.

"Police have received the court order and we are trying our best to implement it," a police official in capital Islamabad told AFP, requesting anonymity as he was not authorised to talk to media.

Hafiz Ihtesham Ahmed, a spokesman for the Red Mosque accused civil society activists of pressurising police to register a case against Aziz.

"This case has no grounds, so we will resist any move to arrest Maulana Abdul Aziz," Ahmed told AFP.

Pakistan has described the bloody rampage in Peshawar as its own "mini 9/11", calling it a game-changer in the fight against extremism.

The Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) claimed the assault as revenge for an ongoing military offensive against its strongholds in the tribal northwest.

The Red Mosque, which stands a stone's throw from the parliament buildings in the centre of the capital, was the scene of a week-long military siege against radicals which left more than 100 people dead in 2007.

Earlier this month female students affiliated with the Red Mosque issued a video statement praising the Islamic State group and calling on it to avenge the death of Osama bin Laden.

The women belong to the Jamia Hafsa seminary which in April named its library in honour of the slain Al-Qaeda leader.

http://news.yahoo.com/pakistan-court-issues-arrest-warrant-hardline-cleric-074050851.html

Hope they don't make the poor fella listen to twisted sister

They've got to catch him first. That the mosque he preaches in each week is located next door to the Parliment building in the nation's capital and he regularly appears on national TV makes him really hard to find. He could camp out in the lobby of the police station and they wouldn't be able to find him.

Hope they don't make the poor fella listen to twisted sister

Again showing why you are called a hack.

You guys go on and on complaining for years that leaders and muslims never speak out about such acts. Now leaders are...muslims are protesting what happened. And your reaction is trolling comment about the least of the torture techniques...or should I call them EITs so you can feel better about it?

Again showing why you are called a hack.

You guys go on and on complaining for years that leaders and muslims never speak out about such acts. Now leaders are...muslims are protesting what happened. And your reaction is trolling comment about the least of the torture techniques...or should I call them EITs so you can feel better about it?

:clap:

Pakistani leaders are complaining when it happens to them.

After 9/11 they were dancing in the streets. What a hack you are. :doh:

:clap:

Pakistani leaders are complaining when it happens to them.

After 9/11 they were dancing in the streets. What a hack you are. :doh:

I know the Palestinians were dancing in the streets on 9/11 were the Pakistanis too?

I know the Palestinians were dancing in the streets on 9/11 were the Pakistanis too?

What does 911 have to do with what happened?

Nope. Not against targeted strikes that keep our troops out of harms way. The benefits of technology.

Nor are they the same as torture.

So tech trumps good old fashion warfare that's been used sense the fawn of man?

The last forty or so years replaces all of mans experience in dealing with warfare and how to combat our enemies because it's the right way to do so with enemies living with a 14th century attitude?

Never mind they fight us without uniforms. Never mind they would kill you and your family to make a statement. Never mind they don't fight by the rules of engagement set in place. Fawk us!

I'm in awe by people like you! Who's side are you on?

We get to win or lose. I hate losing. Especially when it comes to my daughters future.

A cack meat sammich is a great thing. As long as my daughters aren't on the wrong end of it.

What's wrong with you pussies?

What does 911 have to do with what happened?

I dunno.

I just know the Pakistani leadership are the most two-faced jackasses on the planet. They are quick to accept being bathed in US taxpayer money but mostly don't give a sh*t about helping us or a penny's worth of effort in any way whatsoever. Mostly it's, 'give us lots and lots of money and we won't complain to loudly about what you do if you keep it on the down-low."

So they can all piss off and point fingers at each other while their bestest buddles blow up all the children in their Army's elite high school for all I care. Then apologize profusely to them as they anxiously hunt them down ineffectively while the terrorists hide in their living rooms and guest bedrooms.

But I didn't know they were dancing on 9/11. They may well have been. No, USA, you can't look there, feel free to look all you want over there though.

The last forty or so years replaces all of mans experience in dealing with warfare and how to combat our enemies because it's the right way to do so with enemies living with a 14th century attitude?

Never mind they fight us without uniforms. Never mind they would kill you and your family to make a statement. Never mind they don't fight by the rules of engagement set in place. Fawk us!

We get to win or lose. I hate losing. Especially when it comes to my daughters future.

A cack meat sammich is a great thing. As long as my daughters aren't on the wrong end of it.

And what's wrong with you?

When we fought two wars on OUR SOIL against the British, we didn't use torture.

When we fought the French on OUR SOIL, we didn't use torture.

When we fought the Germans in WW I, we didn't use torture.

When we fought the Nazis and Japan in WW II, we didn't use torture.

When we fought the commies in Vietnam and Korea, we didn't use torture.

Now, you're convinced the terrorists are a bigger threat, and justify it? Really?

I don't care how many of them we kill, or how, except to say the more the better. Kill every last person in ISIS, please do. When we take people prisoner, however, our rules apply. Not to them, to us. Our government says it's illegal to use torture. That dates back to George Washington during the War of Independence. I'll take that George W. over the one saying it's okay any time.

You're the focking pvssy. Want to discard basic principles because of one attack on our soil that happened 13 years ago. Not to discount 9/11, but if people could decide torture was bad after revolutionary wars, civil wars, and world wars, I think we could've stuck by that principle after one domestic attack.

Focking coward.

WTF?

Pussies because I am fine with using the technology that can target something and strike without risking our soldier's lives?

Or because I don't believe in shoving things up people's ass is a great way to get intel?

Seriously..either stop drinking...or just don't post when you are that drunk...you end up sounding really dumb. But I am sure the usual folks will love your post.

You're the focking pvssy. Want to discard basic principles because of one attack on our soil that happened 13 years ago. Not to discount 9/11, but if people could decide torture was bad after revolutionary wars, civil wars, and world wars, I think we could've stuck by that principle after one domestic attack.

Focking coward.

no MSN who uses the term "i absolutely love love love" gets to call another man a pussay.

Scientific fact, pussay.

And what's wrong with you?

When we fought two wars on OUR SOIL against the British, we didn't use torture.

When we fought the French on OUR SOIL, we didn't use torture.

When we fought the Germans in WW I, we didn't use torture.

When we fought the Nazis and Japan in WW II, we didn't use torture.

When we fought the commies in Vietnam and Korea, we didn't use torture.

Now, you're convinced the terrorists are a bigger threat, and justify it? Really?

I don't care how many of them we kill, or how, except to say the more the better. Kill every last person in ISIS, please do. When we take people prisoner, however, our rules apply. Not to them, to us. Our government says it's illegal to use torture. That dates back to George Washington during the War of Independence. I'll take that George W. over the one saying it's okay any time.

This is simply not true. During Vietnam the CIA used torture. It was called the Phoenix Program. During WW2 the US captured enemy u-boat crews and brutally interrogated them out of fear of an attack on the eastern seaboard. So I woul bet other cases of torture happened.

I would bet my life that the US has knowingly and willfully tortured pow's in every single conflict/war we've been in.