Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Edex Cup II US Open Draft - TERMINÉ

Billy HORSCHITT opens with a quad bogey 9 on the par five first hole.

Somewhere cruzer has his pants around his ankles watching that. Thankful he didn't pick him again.

Sorry, I'm obligated to say:

Fock you Billy HORSCHIIT! :banana:

• Like 1

I hate to even say this, but, like every other tournament in the glorious history of the SpedEx cup, I think this is CBFs tournament to lose.

WW and Dain in the second tier.

He's already down 1 golfer. Needs 3 of 5 to make the cut at a US Open. Nothing a demi god like CB can't handle but that's not an easy task.

Edit : guess he gets a replacement.

I did say anyone, but it was early enough that it didn't change anything.

Henley is on CBFs team

I appreciate the decision amigo.

I'll let everyone in on some deep behind the scenes truth here.....When I brought Phil up, I wasn't actually intending to choose him. Just wanted to stir things up in the 5th round. When Cruzer said "Are you going to commentate or pick?", I started to type in my intended choice.....but at the last second I started imagining a worked up and heartbroken WhiteWonder, and instinctive reflexes forced me to choose comedy over strategy.

I stand by those instinctive reflexes. :bandana:

Somewhere there is a quote where I jokingly say ibhave to pick Erie els 2nd overall.....

I have 1 guy on the course - he's prolly the only jackass w/out a birdie today..... The rest of my team is already sunk, and they've not even teed off yet. :cry:

###### you Ed for taking Noren :mad:

2.04 Brooks Koepka

Oh yeah, what a genius Dain is :doh:

Damn - did Dain win this on Day 1 already? :shocking:

I have 3 guys in the top 10 right now with JRose teeing off in 15 min. Dain will be tough to beat if Rickie can carry his play through the weekend.

I have 3 guys in the top 10 right now with JRose teeing off in 15 min. Dain will be tough to beat if Rickie can carry his play through the weekend.

Well, I was being facetious.... Half the field has just barely teed off, or is waiting still....... Lots to play out, long way to go.

Well, I was being facetious.... Half the field has just barely teed off, or is waiting still....... Lots to play out, long way to go.

Hoping the course dries out over the weekend. Get some wind going and it will be wicked

Hoping the course dries out over the weekend. Get some wind going and it will be wicked

As of right now, I'm seeing upwards of 80% chance of rain for Saturday.. The only one hoping for rain is Dain and Rickie. :D

:wall:

that moment where you realize you were deciding between Spieth and Fowler in round 1 and even though youre a big fowler fan, you took Speef.

also that moment where you forgot about Marc Leishman in the 4th and took Webb focking Simpson.

otherwise a solid day 1 for my squad.

Standings after Round One:

1. Dain (-15)

2. White Wonder (-12)

3. Nuggs (-9)

4. KSB (-7)

5. Pat (-4)

6. Ed (-3)

7. Cruzer (E)

8t. CBF (+1)

8t. Fumble (+1)

damn i just did a bunch of work adding up scores hahaha

Why did they cut the fescue on those 4 holes? They spent years getting this course ready, kept it closed until the tournament and second guessed themselves at the last minute when some players started whining. (Na -4, Westwood -3)

The whole Phil distraction really got into our heads today. Imagine the 1927 Yankees not knowing until just before first pitch of Bob Meusel was going to show up because of some brat kid's teenage speech. This is the exact same thing.

But we've had a team meeting and everyone seems ready to execute as planned going forward.

Standings after Round One:

1. Dain (-15) (E, +5, +6)

2. White Wonder (-12) (+1, +2, +4)

3. Nuggs (-9) (E, E, +2)

4. KSB (-7) (+2, +3, +4)

5. Pat (-4) (+1, +3, +7)

6. Ed (-3) (E, +1, +4)

7. CBF (-2) (+2, +4, +6)

8. Cruzer (E) (+2, +4, +7)

9. Fumble (+1) (+2, +4, +4)

the only discrepancy I found was that I believe CBF was awarded Russell Henley in place of Mickelson which puts his team at -2 (Henley -1, An -1, Grace E) the score fumble had seemed to be using the Mickelson WD which would have put CBF at +1

I have also added the bottom 3 scores from each team just for the hell of it to show where everyones full team stands.

Correct. Did he get credit for Henley then? I was under the impression that the withdrawal didn't come in time.

from what im reading on page 7, Phil officially withdrew 20 minutes or so after the round started but Ed is giving Henley to CBF for Ed-ish reasons.

So I think Henley's score counts and CBF is -2....... right where he wants to be

from what im reading on page 7, Phil officially withdrew 20 minutes or so after the round started but Ed is giving Henley to CBF for Ed-ish reasons.

So I think Henley's score counts and CBF is -2....... right where he wants to be

I think Ed was impressed with my loyalty to Phil. He was impressed with my heart. And he didn't want to see a good man punished for doing what was right. I am confident Phil himself would feel the same way about me. :thumbsup:

Ed loves substitutions. I'm pretty sure this relates back to his youth soccer mullet videos, or WWF legion of doom, or poon

Sounds good to me

And the white wonders crumble early on day 2

Charl and casey play the par 5 14th a combined 5 over? Fock off.

Need Bello to have a solid round this afternoon or I could be rolling into the weekend with only 3 guys :unsure:

Thought about taking Si Woo Kim each of the last few rounds. Thought his back had been bothering him???

There's nothing I enjoy more then seeing Bubba missing cuts, I hope he never makes another one

Rose has to play with two hacks (Day, McIlroy) and its dragging him down. Keeps missing easy birdies

If spieth and Simpson have bad rounds.. like +1 or worse, I won't qualify for the weekend because Charl sucks diick

Quick back of the envelope has Dain and I at -16 and WW at -14. Barnburner going into the weekend

imagine if Casey hadn't had a friggin snowman on 14 :doh:

also imagine i had drafted rickie over jordan.... or Kaymer over Charl... imagine I had crystal ball :lol:

I quickly did the math and it looks like I'm up by a few shots on everyone in spite of Rory needing some rest.

Round 2 Scores

1. Dain: -16 with 4 making the cut (Bello +1) tie breaker high golfer -7

2. Nuggs: -16 with 5 making the cut (Reed -1, Woodland +1)

3. Wonder: -14 with 4 making the cut (Simpson +1)

4. Edjr: -10 only 3 made the cut

5. KSB: -5 with 4 making the cut (Zach Johnson +1) tie breaker high golfer -4

6. Pat: -5 with 4 making the cut (Stricker +1)

7. CBF: -2 only 3 made the cut

8. Cruz: +2 only 3 made the cut

9. Fumble: MC only 2 made the cut

- Nuggs was propelled by Hideki's 7 under second round and is also the only guy with more than 4 making the cut

- Ed is in a nice spot despite his first 3 picks missing the cut.

- If CBF had to keep Phil, he would not have qualified for the weekend and Henley happens to be the guy keeping him afloat.

My first two picks didn't make the cut. Nice job Dustin, you're no Tiger. Neither is Rory, Day, Rose.... any of them.

- If CBF had to keep Phil, he would not have qualified for the weekend and Henley happens to be the guy keeping him afloat.

Butterfly effect amigo. Things that occur if I know I have to keep Phil:

- Phil doesn't want to leave his greatest fan hanging, so pushes harder to get the graduation ceremony moved.

- Hun An becomes a bigger key to my strategy. So I obviously take Yusaku Miyazato instead of Fat Pat Perez, because I know I need another chinese guy to make An more comfortable. Yokozuna made the cut as is, and it's a safe bet that Hun An plays much better.

- With Rory being just ahead of Phil as the highest paid golfer in the world, Rory steps on the gas, as he knows a Phil win changes those rankings come 2018.

And just like that all my guys are inside of the cut line and I'm in complete control. So the Henley allowance was quite a favor to the rest of you. But I'm good with it, as it wouldn't be fair if things didn't break my opponents way on occasion. Such are the moments that keep me driven.

My best pick was my last pick- Lovemark. If I take Fowler instead of Rahm, I'm right in this thing.

Does this mean I pick first at the British?

My best pick was my last pick- Lovemark. If I take Fowler instead of Rahm, I'm right in this thing.

Does this mean I pick first at the British?

Maybe, maybe not. Only the Edjr knows...

Maybe, maybe not. Only the Edjr knows...

True that. It's his world. We're just lucky to be in it.

I hate Spieth. Should have picked fatty pat in round 3.

Dank running away. I don't have a 3rd golfer who came to play on the weekend. Webb Simpson needs about 6 under tomorrow :D