Sign in to follow this  
MDC

Henry Hill

Just watched Goodfellas again and I'm conflicted: Is Henry a hero or villain? :dunno:

Neither, much like in real life we are all the good guy or the bad guy at some point. People do what they have to do to get by, make a living/money and are a culmination of their childhood/surrondings.

Real life isn't like comic books or old westerns. 99% of us wear grey hats.

Just watched Goodfellas again and I'm conflicted: Is Henry a hero or villain? :dunno:

Tommy was a cack sucker

He was a snitch who probably embellished his involvement in a lot of things so that he could seem larger than he was. There is a 30 for 30 episode on ESPN about the Boston College basketball betting scandal in the late 70's that he was part of. Interesting. Not as interesting as Goodfellas though.

He was a snitch who probably embellished his involvement in a lot of things so that he could seem larger than he was.

are you saying that Hollywood embelished? :o

are you saying that Hollywood embelished? :o

Hollywood always embellishes. I am saying that Henry, himself, was a huge exaggerator of his importance in many areas.

Hollywood always embellishes. I am saying that Henry, himself, was a huge exaggerator of his importance in many areas.

what person that has ever written a book or a movie about themselves, has not embellished?

Isn't that what it is? Look at how awesome I think I was?

He was a thief and probably at least helped in a few murders as well. And then he threw everyone under the bus that he committed those crimes with. Doesn't exactly ring hero :dunno:

how many times has what's his name opened this thread begging for someone to talk about him.

RMFF :overhead:

what person that has ever written a book or a movie about themselves, has not embellished?

Isn't that what it is? Look at how awesome I think I was?

Before, during and after the movie, Henry Hill was known as someone who talked a big game. Guys in the mob who really are that big don't talk that much. Good way to get pinched or whacked.

I found it interesting that he didn't participate directly in any of the murders in the movie.

Billy Batts? :dunno:

Granted he didn't actually commit the murder but he helped move the body and bury/exhume it.

Uh... until this instance, I hadn't connected the user name to the guy in the Goodfellas movie. I thought it was the cartoon guy who sells propane.

Uh... until this instance, I hadn't connected the user name to the guy in the Goodfellas movie. I thought it was the cartoon guy who sells propane.

Me too. Especially since both are Texas.

Had to be bad, didn;t he hit his wife in that movie? Seems to me that warrants a lifetime ban from uhm, something, clearly bad.