Sign in to follow this  
gitrdun

Drafting in the 9 hole

I really think this spot may be the worst spot to draft from. It is a PPR league and I am having a difficult time with the 1st pick. It usually comes down to either Evans, Freeman, Gordan or Nelson. Who do you like in this position and who do you think may be there in the 2nd round?

Thanks

The big 3 RB's should be gone, and the big 3 WR's should be gone too. This leaves one of the following; next 2 best RB and/or next 2 best WR which should be Shady McCoy, M Gordon, M Evans, or Hilton. Any one of those 4 players isn't a terrible first player rostered. If you really love Freeman and/or covet RB's you could go that route too. I do not love Freeman this year at least not in the first round.

I am not real high on Hilton with Luck injury in question. I like Nelson over him but thanks for your input

I am not real high on Hilton with Luck injury in question. I like Nelson over him but thanks for your input

• Like 1

If Evans is still around at 9, I'd grab him. I'd go Evans, Jordy, Melvin Gordon and hope to get Gronk or Kelce in the 2nd.

I have Evans at #7 overall so I'd take him in PPR.

With pick #9 you can make a list to narrow down who will be left when you pick in the second round.

I had the 11th spot in a 12-Team PPR and went McCoy then Hilton, Evans went right before me. I would have gone Evans and then probably the best RB in the 2nd rd.

So many mouths to feed in GB, add in Jordy's age and I'd lean Evans.

• Like 1

Evans is the safest pick. Then Nelson. Is AJ Green going later now? Gordon would be the next RB because he won't split like Freeman.

I have been doing mock drafts on yahoo and cbs, I cannot believe who different the draft goes. In a ppr league CBS participants draft about 8 or 9 rbs in the 1st round. I was able to get Beckham at 9 and Nelson at 16 and Cooper in the 4th round. I do not understand what the difference would be.

First couple of rounds best player available. If there is a run on WR's go with a RB stud and vice versa. I like to try and get an anchor RB if possible or a stud RB in the first three rounds if possible.

First couple of rounds best player available. If there is a run on WR's go with a RB stud and vice versa. I like to try and get an anchor RB if possible or a stud RB in the first three rounds if possible.

agreed.

I always go best player available.

you can always make trades to fit specific needs.

if you have talent, there will always be buyers for what you are selling.

I'm drafting #9 in 2 drafts, I'm just going to take the best player available, probably a WR then the best RB on the turn around